Common searches

Got my ass handed to me in COD:BO3

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 23, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I also kept killing myself with fall damage because the Translocator doesn't get rid of your velocity when you teleport. I was trying to get to spots on the map I don't belong, or trying to reach secret areas without the proper use of jumpboots. (as was the case when we played Hollywood Holocaust in UT99, yes that is a thing)

And yeah, clueless1 is not too far away from where I live, and if we're both on the same ISP (AT&T U-Verse) that's even more of a plus because that would most likely mean our internet connection goes to the same CO (Central Office) which gives it the least amount of hops necessary to reach one another.

I'm really not that good at Deathmatch though, I try to be too much of a good sportsman in it and I often try to go for trick kills more than being direct full frontal-assault like. I'm not a very competitive type of individual for these kinds of gametypes.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 21 of 23, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've never played BO3, but a few years ago my nephew got me to play some multiplayer FPS, I think it was the first Black Ops, on a 360. I was so awful it was just embarrassing. My performances ranged from 0-2 kills each round, and I was trying. I had one round with something like 4 kills, only because I lay prone and shot a few people before anyone paid me more attention than I deserved.
I am hopeless at these games.

Reply 22 of 23, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DracoNihil wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

Say, I wonder if there's a thread here for multiplayer meetups. I've been playing a bit of Quake 2 lately and it'd be fun to see how I stack up against fellow Vogons.

I'd be up for it if I could just install a linux native version of Quake 2.

Though I'd obviously have to use Wine and the windows version of Quake 2 if I ever wanted to play mods. (Thanks Carmack, there really was no reason to make the *entire* game contained in a .dll file)

I've been using Yamagi Quake 2. Haven't played any mods though, just one of the expansions. And I agree, going with DLL files was really idiotic.

Reply 23 of 23, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've never been really good with FPS either. Computer opponents I still handle well, but fellow humans? Not so.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.