VOGONS

Reply 20 of 26, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
kanecvr wrote:

I don't know of any ISA cards with TV out capability. You'll need to capture the output from the VGA connector.

I have this one 😉

IMG_2828r.jpg
Filename
IMG_2828r.jpg
File size
3.02 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

file.php?id=32961

Last edited by Predator99 on 2017-11-19, 09:34. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 21 of 26, by fitzpatr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
derSammler wrote:
fitzpatr wrote:

A Lot of ISA EGA cards also had a Composite out.

No, they don't! RCA connectors on EGA cards had no function, they were for add-on cards only. Of course, there were probably composite out add-on cards made, but I've never seen one.

Well I'll be....I've never actually tried them, so there we go.

MT-32 Old, CM-32L, CM-500, SC-55mkII, SC-88Pro, SC-D70, FB-01, MU2000EX
K6-III+/450/GA-5AX/G400 Max/Voodoo2 SLI/CT1750/MPU-401AT/Audigy 2ZS
486 Build

Reply 23 of 26, by Samir

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I do remember some early video cards having a composite out because they were competing with systems like the ti994a and the Commodore 64 that could use a regular television as the monitor with a modulator. I didn't have any first hand experience with them, but I know they did exist.

Reply 24 of 26, by kanecvr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Predator99 wrote:
kanecvr wrote:

I don't know of any ISA cards with TV out capability. You'll need to capture the output from the VGA connector.

I have this one 😉

*snip*

Please resize the pictures before posting them, some don't display correctly.

As for the card you posted, the metal box makes me think of a all-in-wonder card witch has a built in TV tuner - on the other hand, some EGA and CGA cards had composite video out. It's quite possible that your card has composite as well. You'll never know for sure until you hook it up to a TV. Personally, I think that's a composite in, not a tv-out - the biggest clue is the un-populated holes on the card witch have "out" silk-screened near them.

But to answer your initial question - the answer is no. The vast majority of ISA video cards do not have TV-out.

Reply 25 of 26, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The picture was already uploaded in another thread here and I intended to recycle it...in the other thread its displayed in the correct size, didnt manage to implement it correctly...

Its a TV-out. My TFT has a composite-in. I connected the card and it worked, but no good picture quality. The potentiometer at the top ("HOR") is for picture adjustment and is damaged.

Reply 26 of 26, by Samir

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Predator99 wrote:

Its a TV-out. My TFT has a composite-in. I connected the card and it worked, but no good picture quality. The potentiometer at the top ("HOR") is for picture adjustment and is damaged.

Bummer. 😢