VOGONS

Roland SCC-1 price

Topic actions

First post, by Baoran

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't know much about roland cards. Someone is offering to sell me roland SCC-1 ISA with the box.
Can anyone tell me what they usually sell for, so I would have some idea what to offer him for it.

Reply 1 of 58, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Bare card is just one limb.

Card with the box must include your firstborn.

Personally I would probably ask how much they want for it and if it is too much for your liking offer less.

Last one on eBay (bare card) sold for $100 + shipping. Guessing it was a BIN as there is only one bid showing.

You can also look an Amibay.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 3 of 58, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I bought one locally for ~80 bucks about a year ago and thought I was doing pretty well for myself. Anything under 100 is a good deal I think.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 4 of 58, by firage

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Local auction. It's untested and missing the cables, but not bad. You'd definitely want a mini-MIDI adapter cable to be able to use its intelligent interface, and the Creative ones on eBay should work.

Would expect it to stay a bit lower than a boxed one on eBay, but the bids have been going up fairly quick. Shouldn't go lower than about 150e, up to 200e is broadly within reason.

My big-red-switch 486

Reply 6 of 58, by Baoran

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
firage wrote:

Local auction. It's untested and missing the cables, but not bad. You'd definitely want a mini-MIDI adapter cable to be able to use its intelligent interface, and the Creative ones on eBay should work.

Would expect it to stay a bit lower than a boxed one on eBay, but the bids have been going up fairly quick. Shouldn't go lower than about 150e, up to 200e is broadly within reason.

It isn't an auction. It is from someone who lives about 20km from where I live. He also has some other stuff that I might be interested like a working commodore 128.
It has always been a problem with him that if I ask him how much he wants for something, he always asks me how much I offer and doesn't say anything about the price until I have made some kind of offer first.

Reply 7 of 58, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just start with 5€ ... it's a scumbag move to not have an asking price (but quite common these days).
If he just keeps you hanging I'm quite certain he's hoping to have found an idiot in you who'd pay a lot more than what it's worth (which he quite likely knows).

Current Project: new GUS PnP compatible soundcard

[Z?]

Reply 9 of 58, by firage

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Baoran wrote:
firage wrote:

It isn't an auction. It is from someone who lives about 20km from where I live. He also has some other stuff that I might be interested like a working commodore 128.
It has always been a problem with him that if I ask him how much he wants for something, he always asks me how much I offer and doesn't say anything about the price until I have made some kind of offer first.

There's also one just now on a Finnish auction site for the first time in a couple of years, and the only one with a box, that I've seen here.

100 euro is a borderline lowball starting figure, he should want more. I got just the card & cables for 125e on auction in 2013. Ebay has hit $200 lots of times, quite a few deals at or under $100 lately, too.

My big-red-switch 486

Reply 10 of 58, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If you offer $75 or $80 and he accepts, you're getting a very good price and he doesn't have to worry about shipping or disputes.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 11 of 58, by the Goat

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
shock__ wrote:

Just start with 5€ ... it's a scumbag move to not have an asking price (but quite common these days).
If he just keeps you hanging I'm quite certain he's hoping to have found an idiot in you who'd pay a lot more than what it's worth (which he quite likely knows).

Scumbag? Really? I have lots of vintage computer hardware that I am not actively using and would be willing to sell for the right price. I prefer to have the potential buyer make an opening offer. I do not consider myself a scumbag.

Reply 12 of 58, by Baoran

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

He is not a scumbag. I am just often in tough spot when he shows me his stuff and there is something I want and I have no idea what the value is. It is like I feel I don't want to upset him by offering too little and at the same time I don't want to pay more than what you normally pay for them online. He lives in place where mobile internet is not working, so I don't have a chance to even check it out while I am there. When I do know the prices, I have gotten his stuff much cheaper than I thought I would. Like last time, I got 2 optical drives, decent crt monitor and working retro laptop from 2000 for total of 40 euros.

Reply 13 of 58, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
firage wrote:

You'd definitely want a mini-MIDI adapter cable to be able to use its intelligent interface, and the Creative ones on eBay should work.

Yes the Creative cables work in my experience.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 14 of 58, by Skyscraper

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I own two Roland SCC-1A. I paid more than 200 euro for each one and those were bare cards.

I would consider anything under $150 a real bargain for a SCC-1(A) and the "sensible" value to be about what I paid, perhaps even a bit more. The SCC-1(A) rarley show on Ebay in Europe so I could see a boxed specimen selling for silly numbers if there is a bidding war going on.

I don't really like the cluttering cables involved with using external modules as I move my systems around alot so for me the SCC-1(A) is the best MIDI solution.

New PC: i9 12900K @5GHz all cores @1.2v. MSI PRO Z690-A. 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14. 3070Ti.
Old PC: Dual Xeon X5690@4.6GHz, EVGA SR-2, 48GB DDR3R@2000MHz, Intel X25-M. GTX 980ti.
Older PC: K6-3+ 400@600MHz, PC-Chips M577, 256MB SDRAM, AWE64, Voodoo Banshee.

Reply 15 of 58, by garyglitta

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I bought one recently for 240 euros, and I think it was a fair price. I am super glad to have it.
It's really perfect for me - Roland General Midi built in with the intelligent mode interface for an external MT32. Covers all the bases for me

Reply 16 of 58, by firage

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah, enjoy it. It's a great card.

The prices have gone up since this thread from 2018. Pricing on this stuff is so much harder to estimate these days, I don't even try.

My big-red-switch 486