DYruRmKX0AIoYuA.jpg
File size
186.54 KiB
Views
File comment
Card On Motherboard
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

At first I was absolutely convinced this had to have been a joke, something someone put together as an elaborate hoax as a means of poking fun at the GPU wars of the 90s. There's no way a legitimate company would advertise, market and sell a product using terms such as "Bitchin" and "Bungholio"...

...but then I found this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmCEXbspWuI

Yes. It is real. This monstrosity is REAL. 🤣

With that said...does anyone here actually HAVE one of these?

Reply 1 of 25, by Skyscraper

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Look at the videos publication date! 😉

New PC: i9 12900K @5GHz all cores @1.2v. MSI PRO Z690-A. 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14. 3070Ti.
Old PC: Dual Xeon X5690@4.6GHz, EVGA SR-2, 48GB DDR3R@2000MHz, Intel X25-M. GTX 980ti.
Older PC: K6-3+ 400@600MHz, PC-Chips M577, 256MB SDRAM, AWE64, Voodoo Banshee.

Reply 4 of 25, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
amadeus777999 wrote:

Most likely the very card senior 3DFX engineers would create if given access to Pablo Escobar's cocaine stash.

Well... Since he died in 1993, then it would never ever likely have happened at any point in time. 🤣

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 5 of 25, by Auzner

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Very cool that someone did this!

It is a photoshop joke. Over a decade later someone went all-out and had a custom PCB made to support all of the surface mount chips taken off other video cards. The only functional part of the card is the LED blink. The software is all scripted animations. The only thing off about the demo is the modern LED intensity--it's too bright. But with the level of detail they went to I'm surprised they didn't also do a fake VGA driver to have some gibberish to show in device manager.

(Now that I think about it, if they're clever enough, they could have reversed engineered one of those cards' layout to actually function while the rest of the board is just bling)

Reply 8 of 25, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I still want a boxed one 🤣

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 9 of 25, by B.Gumble

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It was a April Hoax in the Voodooalert Forums as you can read here:
http://www.voodooalert.de/board/index.php?pag … ghlight=bitchin

But the Ad is older than the "card" itself.

Reply 10 of 25, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Saw that a while ago. He did an insanely good job mocking it up. That's a ton of effort just to 20-year-old meme alive. 🤣

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 11 of 25, by Captain NA

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Auzner wrote:

Very cool that someone did this!

It is a photoshop joke. Over a decade later someone went all-out and had a custom PCB made to support all of the surface mount chips taken off other video cards. The only functional part of the card is the LED blink. The software is all scripted animations. The only thing off about the demo is the modern LED intensity--it's too bright. But with the level of detail they went to I'm surprised they didn't also do a fake VGA driver to have some gibberish to show in device manager.

(Now that I think about it, if they're clever enough, they could have reversed engineered one of those cards' layout to actually function while the rest of the board is just bling)

Wont talk too mutch about the creation of the card before a future video, but it's not a real PCB or LED's and ther's no scripted animations or somthing like that. It's a actual program live rendered on the CPU, but in the end it's mutch more than "just a program". 🤣

Just fooling around.

Reply 12 of 25, by infiniteclouds

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

In all seriousness -- we do need to be able to 3D Print up some PCI or AGP cards with multiple GPUs on it that can be toggled/cycled. I want a future where chasing down old hardware is just for collectors.

Reply 13 of 25, by TOBOR

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
torindkflt wrote:
I just randomly saw THIS come across my Twitter timeline (Not my pictures): […]
Show full quote

I just randomly saw THIS come across my Twitter timeline (Not my pictures):

DYrjVYPWAAAPv1z.jpg
DYrjVYMW4AA8gIo.jpg
DYruRmKX0AIoYuA.jpg

At first I was absolutely convinced this had to have been a joke, something someone put together as an elaborate hoax as a means of poking fun at the GPU wars of the 90s. There's no way a legitimate company would advertise, market and sell a product using terms such as "Bitchin" and "Bungholio"...

...but then I found this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmCEXbspWuI

Yes. It is real. This monstrosity is REAL. 🤣

With that said...does anyone here actually HAVE one of these?

If you are this gullible then I could have a Voodoo7 pci-e quad sli to sell you.

If the truth hurts, tough shit.

Reply 14 of 25, by Auzner

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Captain NA wrote:

Wont talk too mutch about the creation of the card before a future video, but it's not a real PCB or LED's and ther's no scripted animations or somthing like that. It's a actual program live rendered on the CPU, but in the end it's mutch more than "just a program". 🤣

Yeah I saw in the photos in a thread someone linked that it's paper print out of a PCB on something and print out labels on IC models. /hd 😎

Reply 16 of 25, by TOBOR

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote:
TOBOR wrote:

I could have a Voodoo7 pci-e quad sli to sell you.

pm sent

Sorry sold the last one to Jade Falcon. You are a day late and 2 dollars short. 😜

If the truth hurts, tough shit.

Reply 17 of 25, by Jed118

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That LED would have been too bright for the time period IMO. I dunno something about it looks fake. I mean, the whole card is, but that LED gives it away somehow.

Youtube channel- The Kombinator
What's for sale? my eBay!

Reply 19 of 25, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
TOBOR wrote:
leileilol wrote:
TOBOR wrote:

I could have a Voodoo7 pci-e quad sli to sell you.

pm sent

Sorry sold the last one to Jade Falcon. You are a day late and 2 dollars short. 😜

Shame. Trevormacro is probably waiting with play-dough and a dewar of LN2.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder