Topic actions

Reply 23782 of 52728, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Predator99 wrote:
bjwil1991 wrote:

The PiP on your monitor is fancy, man. My Samsung SyncMaster 215BW has that as an option as well. Heck, I can watch TV and use my FX-6300 PC at the same time.

On my DELL PiP only works with composite input, not VGA or HDMI.

My Samsung can do PiP with either composite, s-video, or component video. Wish it could be between VGA and DVI, but, sadly, it ain't possible.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 23783 of 52728, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

@Predator99
Very nice! It's not common for non-IBM cards to have correct colors in composite mode.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 23784 of 52728, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Did I just find a real-life unicorn?

A Cardinal DSP-16 sound card WITH the optional wavetable upgrade ROM? At least I hope it is... the sticker is missing from the ROM (or rather it is just a black sticker) but I am guessing somebody didn't just put a random chip in the socket.
I've never even seen a picture of a card with the wavetable ROM or any mention of anybody ever having/using it.

Cardinal with wavetable.jpg
Filename
File size
483.03 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 23785 of 52728, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Can we expect a dump of it?.. 😀

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 23787 of 52728, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
luckybob wrote:
hard1k wrote:

Can we expect a dump of it?.. 😀

+1. You can't NOT dump it and share.

Dump it and share I will.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 23788 of 52728, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I thought that's not legal to do something like that.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 23789 of 52728, by TheAbandonwareGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bjwil1991 wrote:

I thought that's not legal to do something like that.

Legal doesnt always equal the correct course of action. Copyright is designed to protect the 1% in power, not the consumer or the interests of preservation.

I think the obvious answer is don't host it anywhere associated with VOGONs.

Cyb3rst0rms Retro Hardware Warzone: https://discord.gg/jK8uvR4c
I used to own over 160 graphics card, I've since recovered from graphics card addiction

Reply 23790 of 52728, by blurks

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
TheAbandonwareGuy wrote:

Legal doesnt always equal the correct course of action. Copyright is designed to protect the 1% in power, not the consumer or the interests of preservation.

Yes of course, but you forgot to mention that the world leaders are child-eating reptiloids trying to corrupt our body fluids and the Nazis are hiding in an antarctic-based spaceship waiting to take over control and global dominance. Btw: Tinfoil hats anyone?

Latest pickup:

1.JPG
Filename
1.JPG
File size
159.13 KiB
Views
File license
2.JPG
Filename
2.JPG
File size
179.65 KiB
Views
File license

@Murugan: I need your Creative Labs 3D Blaster GeForce 2 Titanium! Giev, giev! 😁

tenor.gif

Reply 23791 of 52728, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Predator99 wrote:

Usually I expect when its labeled as "new" and the box is on the photo that the box also arrives in good condition and is not used as shipping box...but OK.

This is why I have been forced to message every seller I buy from and spell out to them I want the box within a box. If the box is in museum display condition it is worth, to me, as much as the item itself for historical purposes. Sorry that happened to you, but from here on you are going to have to tell every seller how you want it shipped. It's worth it.

Reply 23792 of 52728, by TheAbandonwareGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
liqmat wrote:
Predator99 wrote:

Usually I expect when its labeled as "new" and the box is on the photo that the box also arrives in good condition and is not used as shipping box...but OK.

This is why I have been forced to message every seller I buy from and spell out to them I want the box within a box. If the box is in museum display condition it is worth, to me, as much as the item itself for historical purposes. Sorry that happened to you, but from here on you are going to have to tell every seller how you want it shipped. It's worth it.

Yeah. Usually anything rare or valuable I tell them to package it well. I don't bother for stupid crap like a $5 GF2 MX I'm just going to steal parts of or practice overclocking with.

Cyb3rst0rms Retro Hardware Warzone: https://discord.gg/jK8uvR4c
I used to own over 160 graphics card, I've since recovered from graphics card addiction

Reply 23793 of 52728, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
blurks wrote:
TheAbandonwareGuy wrote:

Yes of course, but you forgot to mention that the world leaders are child-eating reptiloids trying to corrupt our body fluids and the Nazis are hiding in an antarctic-based spaceship waiting to take over control and global dominance. Btw: Tinfoil hats anyone?

Offtopic:
Iron Sky II FTW!
(whenever those buggers actually finish anr release it 😉 )

Reply 23794 of 52728, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I spent June’s retro budget on these:

IBM_486_DX2-66.jpg AMD_K6_266_ADZ.jpg AMD_Athlon_800.jpg

ASound_Gold_MA5_ASOUND.jpg Creative_Sound_Blaster_16_Vibra_CT4170_B.jpg Elephant_M3_64_V_MX86200.jpg

Last edited by appiah4 on 2018-06-12, 07:54. Edited 1 time in total.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 23795 of 52728, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
cyclone3d wrote:
Did I just find a real-life unicorn? […]
Show full quote

A Cardinal DSP-16 sound card WITH the optional wavetable upgrade ROM? At least I hope it is... the sticker is missing from the ROM (or rather it is just a black sticker) but I am guessing somebody didn't just put a random chip in the socket.
I've never even seen a picture of a card with the wavetable ROM or any mention of anybody ever having/using it.

The Orchid Soundwave/Gamewave 32 sound cards also used a ROM chip similar to this one. Will have to read up more about this one.

Reply 23796 of 52728, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
jesolo wrote:
cyclone3d wrote:
Did I just find a real-life unicorn? […]
Show full quote

The Orchid Soundwave/Gamewave 32 sound cards also used a ROM chip similar to this one. Will have to read up more about this one.

Yes, please do dump it! I too have the Cardinal card with an empty socket, or a mere 'horse' if you like 😀 fingers crossed it's the real deal! Do you guys have a recommended unit for dumping and flashing chips?

I thought that maybe the Adaptec AudioMachine uses a similar ROM, as it is a single socket, but it looks like it's a narrower package - http://i63.tinypic.com/34qlmpi.jpg - wavetable's at the back of the card.

Reply 23798 of 52728, by seanneko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Bought a complete 286 from someone who clearly knew nothing about it. Inside was this. Can't complain about that.

rsz_img_20180610_164959.jpg
Filename
rsz_img_20180610_164959.jpg
File size
620.47 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 23799 of 52728, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
seanneko wrote:

Bought a complete 286 from someone who clearly knew nothing about it. Inside was this. Can't complain about that.

Is the rest of the machine mint like the Creative card? Have photos?