VOGONS

First post, by AHmedia

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have two of these Sherwood Keyboards. On the box they were originally priced at $94.00. They also have RJ-45 connectors as opposed to ps/2 or DIN. Any ideas what they could be worth, if anything?

IMG_0637.JPG
Filename
IMG_0637.JPG
File size
526.93 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
IMG_0638.JPG
Filename
IMG_0638.JPG
File size
437.37 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 3 of 8, by dr.ido

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I has a Wyse 386 PC that used an RJ11/12 connector for it's keyboard. That keyboard was styled like a Wyse terminal keyboard, but had the usual 101 key PC layout. I doubt that is what this is for though. The sherwood logo matches that of the Sherwood that made audio gear, but I've never seen a Sherwood PC.

Reply 4 of 8, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I remember the RJ45 connector being used for thin client terminals, rather than desktop computers, and a quick search for 'Sherwood computer terminal' turns up a few possibilities. Don't know if they're worth anything, maybe for some company with legacy equipment, but you could get a USB converter for it if you want to use it.

Reply 5 of 8, by AHmedia

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the replies. If these keyboards are of use to anyone, pm me and I'll give them away for free (you pay shipping). They don't "feel" expensive at all, but still miles better than today's budget keyboards 🤣.

Reply 6 of 8, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

sent a pm just in case these are located on this side of the pond 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 7 of 8, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Sherwood made a few ranges of terminals, the 5000, 6000 and 7000; these keyboards are a little different from the pic I can find of the 7000ST keyboard, but same connector.

What I can't find is the pinout of that thing...

Reply 8 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Please no trading or selling here!

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper