VOGONS

First post, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have an Asus P3B-F but I am looking to swap to something else. Are there any native socket 370 boards (ideally supporting P3-S and ECC) that have a BX440 chipset. I'd like to have AGP, but if that's not possible I can compromise. Mainly want to be able to use my Synergy ViperMax/GUS Extreme and V5 5500 AGP above 1.0ghz. The P3B-F supports that but I've had two now and they get finnicky on some stuff. Would be neat to find a server board that supported dual P3-S for XP.

Reply 1 of 3, by Cbb

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Look for ASUS CUBX-E. It's got 2 ISA slots (not each board you encounter so look for proper revision by your eyes), ATA-66 controller (can be disabled) and BUS DIVIDER to run PCI @33 when FSB @133. Also there's
a BIOS supporting Tualatin CPUs (but the board itself cannot run it without physical modification to the socket or you should find modded CPU like I did). Finally it's produced by ASUS those times when this company produced really nice rock solid boards.
I think there's no BX440 mainboard supporting pure Tualatin from the box.

Reply 2 of 3, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Not familiar with any FC-PGA2 BX boards either. More than enough with So370, and that /4 PCI divider is pretty common too on 1999 boards. I have the Abit BX133 which pretty much does what the name promises.

Tbh though, if you want to run Tualatin on BX I'd sooner recommend Slot 1 as you can do the necessary modifications on the Slocket - or buy one that supports it out of the box.

Reply 3 of 3, by Bancho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I run this with a Pin Modded Tualatin 1.4-S without any issues. AGP and 3 ISA slots to boot. Can't say i've seen many in the wild but i saw this and ended up winning it for £15. Was pretty much the exact board i was looking for. I have a ABIT BX133 but that has Shitty caps. This board works great!

GCB60-BX/C1

http://www.dfi-itox.com/pages/products/mother … rol/cb60bxc.php

xMTzHKDl.jpg