VOGONS

Reply 20 of 44, by stgiga

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have just updated the stereo links in my soundfont and replaced the AWE32 ROM Samples in it with samples from aweromgm. PLEASE redownload the soundfont IMMEDIATELY for the best quality, no matter if you are sampling from it or you are listening to MIDIS with it. Same link as always. Just a new mega.nz link. Please use it, OK? I have something today, so please enjoy it!

Best Regards,
St. GIGA

I'm Nonbinary and neurodivergent.
I use they/them. It can also be written as ᵺ㏟.

Reply 21 of 44, by StrixSoundFontTeam

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the update, but I didn't have to use it in my bank because I did not use stereo or AWE ROM samples in my bank. Your soundfont sounds amazing compared to a real SC-88Pro, well done! I have got you a question: Why is there no new century and goblinson in your bank? These are in the 88Pro bank and they would be useful for emulation of 88Pro.

Thanks,

Strix SoundFont Team

Creator of DSoundFont Series.

Get it here:

My Soundfont (SC-88Pro Compatible!)

Reply 22 of 44, by stgiga

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The reason stuff like the goblinson and century are missing, is due to space, preexisting omission, and lack of time, as one of the original source authors "lybpxlsv"'s YetAnotherSoundfont did not sample the whole synth, and also due to the banks that filled in some of what he didn't sample also missing stuff due to them being sc88vl samples like on mini-groove88ish. I know Robbi985 can get me samples, but, I can fit them without killing quality? That, along with my nonexistent free time keep me from adding in this stuff. Sorry. This project is probably dead since sacrificing mt32 quality for an extra 50 presets is a bad thing to do considering what 1-region mt32 samples sound like out of awave. (The looping AND pitchshifting AND pitchbending and TUNING gets drastically worse with only 1 region.) I know that Falcosoft and many others have found looping issues with the mt32. Therefore to reduce the quality for the sake of the preset count (which would anger them, and all people who like real sounding instruments, something I do not want.) Based on that, I have declared the bank finished.

Reply 23 of 44, by awgamer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

>It's good the soundfont has an MT-32 compatible bank, so Dune1 and Monkey Island1 can be played with it

Other than why not another option, I don't see a point when there's Munt that's going to be better.

Reply 24 of 44, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
awgamer wrote:

>It's good the soundfont has an MT-32 compatible bank, so Dune1 and Monkey Island1 can be played with it

Other than why not another option, I don't see a point when there's Munt that's going to be better.

Of course, if authentic MT-32 sound is the criterion you cannot beat Munt. But then the question arises: Why use soundfonts at all? For GM/GS emulation there's SC-VA. It sounds more authentic and implements more GS features than any soundfont engines ever will. For XG there's S-YXG50. Soundfonts cannot get even close to it in terms of XG compatibility because of technical limits.
So using soundfonts always reflects some kind of "why not another option" attitude.

Website, Facebook, Youtube
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 25 of 44, by stgiga

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I put the mt32 presets in the Soundfont for compatibility so that older sc55 songs would work. I wanted them in there so that something meaningful would exist for the mt32 compatibility presets, regardless of accuracy to a real sc55. Therefore I used cm32l ROM samples from awave studio. This is mostly accurate to a cm32l. I used 11 regions to make it sound more like hardware. With only one region, strings and bass "fart" like Sega MD songs. Therefore in the interest of quality, the bank is done. The goal was to have all presets present where possible regardless of missing efx or bank weirdness. The point of the bank was to allow mostly-accurate playback of 99 percent of all midi files on the web regardless of technical limitations in the Soundfont format or host driver. I hope that answers everything. The reason the suggested improvements+bugfixes aren't happening is due to many reasons, like it being good enough already, having zero free time whatsoever, having no more parameter room for new or updated/fixed stuff without killing the already problematic (with looping) mt32 quality, and also no time to keep (and therefore annoyingly) asking robbi985 for samples i lack, nor time+space of any kind to unpack and rip+inject them from lybmidi's data files, (which are probably the same as my 88p base for this bank, due to being created by the same author, lybpxlsv). In short, the bank is probably fine and finished as is at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience... I just don't have the means to update it at all... Sorry about that...

Reply 26 of 44, by stgiga

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I also made the bank compatible with everything so that Linux and android users could use xg and sc88pro patches without piracy. I also wanted it to be just 1 single sf2 with everything included so that single-sf2-only players like iOS midi Voyager can hear all midi patches. In addition, it was designed to avoid the concept of vsti or ladspa-i by sampling everything in the sc88pro, and storing it as a standard format. This keeps the ideas of code, os, vendor, and architecture out of it, allowing for future-proof and standardized playback should any os break or die off, as long as sf2 files can be correctly loaded or extracted. This is why I even bothered to make a universal Soundfont.

Reply 27 of 44, by stgiga

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am sorry you think it is pointless when I don't. Please forgive me.

Reply 28 of 44, by stgiga

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Another nice thing about my Soundfont, is the fact that since it is already sampled and openmpt compatible compared to a real synth, you don't have to waste the effort and time that is normally spent recording+converting and incrementally changing/selecting the sound/preset with the face buttons before sampling, because all of the sc88pro patches in my bank are already sampled in a format openmpt can read. In addition, openmpt groups all the presets for you, so that both the sampling and selecting time is drastically shortened, to allow the composers more time for composing and sound programming optimization. I know this forum loves mod files, therefore by the above logic, this bank can easily speed up the process of tracking, and allow more tracker songs to exist.

Reply 29 of 44, by stgiga

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The bank also allows win98se/hxgui-win10 and console game composers to Target would-be xg/sc/Mt/gm2 users who don't own them due to being discontinued, in addition to allowing more auditory freedom than gm. In addition, unlike on hardware, you can mix drums and patches from mt32, xg, gm2, and sc88pro to create very musically diverse compositions/covers given careful composing and optimization/tweaking by mixing all possible Sysex/nrpn/rpn/cc/modulators/efx usable in bassmidi/openmpt regardless of vendor/manufacturer to get around lack of gm2/bleeding edge gm2/technics kn7000/sd90/88p/xg2+ parameters/efx/nrpn/rpn/cc/Sysex support. I hope someone can make a song that uses this bank and those above techniques.

Reply 31 of 44, by stgiga

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have added a flac-compressed SF2pack version of my sf2 for bassmidi and maybe awave studio and melody music machine. It is only 1 gigabyte instead of four. It is bundled alongside the identical-but-uncompressed sf2 I uploaded last month. No changes were made other than compression. Due to it being 1GiB instead of four, it is now safe for me to host that on google drive. If you need to use a screen reader to download it, use the compressed edition from google drive, and also the commandline decompressor. If you want a faster download, also do the same. If you use safari or firefox, or just have problems with Mega, whether it be lack of account or extensions, or even just bandwith quotas, you can now do the same and download it from Google Drive! Same freedoms as before. I hope more people can download this bank now and use it when they otherwise could not before. Thanks! The old download should still work perfectly fine. I never touched it. I only added the google drive link and edited the very long notes on the same page about my bank to mention the sf2pack bank, and nothing more.
Thanks! Sorry for posting after myself again...

Best Regards,
St. GIGA

Reply 32 of 44, by stgiga

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

By the way, the soundfont was always made with love as a labor of said love, and has always exclusively used free samples, and will forever be free (past, present, and future) because of that, and my noble generosity out of the goodness of my heart and its love. I just wanted to get that out of the way. No new updates barring site ones have been made, so please enjoy like before!

Best Regards,
St. GIGA

"I'm here, I'm glad you're there."

Reply 33 of 44, by stgiga

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have updated the compressed edition because it was broken, and the site has 2 new notices that do not harm the usability or freedom of the bank.
Same link as ever! Now please redownload the compressed edition.

Reply 34 of 44, by stgiga

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I made the bank 24 bit and have added new links. Redownload for higher quality and more presets. Site was also updated.

Reply 37 of 44, by stgiga

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have just updated the bank to fix a double naming error. Please redownload it if you need accurate patch names.

Reply 38 of 44, by stgiga

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Major update!
I have just fixed the mapping issues in my bank, so please redownload. New sc88pro patches have been added as well. site still has same link. I declare this done for real this time unless I am wrong.

Reply 39 of 44, by stgiga

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Major Milestone Update 2!
I have just added a ton of SC8850 patches that Strix does not currently have. Please redownload. No corruption currently exists. Site still at same weebly link with new mega link. I REALLY think I am done here due to space and editor limits, plus format limits. If I am wrong, y'all will know.

Sincerely,
stgiga

PS: the bank is now called The HiDef Soundfont.