Common searches

Famous computer slogans and quotes ?

Topic actions

First post, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I would like to here about some famous computer slogans and quotes you have heard of.

Here are some.

Apple - Steve Jobs:
1) Build the best computer and don't settle for anything less.
2) Live your life like it’s your last day because SUM day you will be right.
3) To know the Future you have to connect the DOT's.
4) What Apple is, it’s an environment where we can attract the best and brightest people to come together and change the world.
Link: https://youtu.be/Hd_ptbiPoXM
Link: https://youtu.be/5zqrR93eO-8?t=325

Sun Microsystems - John Gage
The Network is the computer.
The DOT in .com

HP:
Invent
HP Way
Enterprise ready

SGI computers:
Do Science, Not computer science.

Microsoft:
Where do you want to go today?

Bill Gates - "Our formula is to get the smartest most creative people working on the most important problems".
"Technology should benefit everyone"
Link: https://youtu.be/wug9n5Atk8c

Novell “Software for the Enterprise”

Last edited by Intel486dx33 on 2023-12-22, 16:29. Edited 9 times in total.

Reply 3 of 258, by DaveJustDave

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Steve Ballmer:

"The most common format of music on an iPod is 'stolen'."

"Fucking Eric Schmidt is a fucking pussy. I'm going to fucking bury that guy, I have done it before, and I will do it again. I'm going to fucking kill Google."

"I have never, honestly, thrown a chair in my life."

"There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance."

I have no clue what I'm doing! If you want to watch me fumble through all my retro projects, you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDavejustdave

Reply 4 of 258, by 0kool

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
DaveJustDave wrote:
Steve Ballmer: […]
Show full quote

Steve Ballmer:

"The most common format of music on an iPod is 'stolen'."

"Fucking Eric Schmidt is a fucking pussy. I'm going to fucking bury that guy, I have done it before, and I will do it again. I'm going to fucking kill Google."

"I have never, honestly, thrown a chair in my life."

"There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance."

Brilliant! How could you hate this guy!

Reply 5 of 258, by DaveJustDave

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
0kool wrote:

Steve Ballmer:

Brilliant! How could you hate this guy!

Bill Gates may have been the chairman, but Ballmer was the CHAIR MAN.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/09/05/chair_chucking/

I have no clue what I'm doing! If you want to watch me fumble through all my retro projects, you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDavejustdave

Reply 6 of 258, by AlaricD

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

"Developers, developers, developers, developers!" -- Steve Ballmer
"Apple 2 Forever" -- Lots of Apple users
"Link arms, don't make them" -- Easter egg in C128 ROM
"I'd rather use Tandy's CoCo than Sun's Java" -- a friend of mine (that I promptly stole it from)

Reply 9 of 258, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

"Try Voodoo." "Get Voodoo." the other famous 3dfx slogans that are just more aggressively direct in your face with all the 3d whatevers-more-known-on-consoles they can find. No wonder there's a cult following...

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 10 of 258, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
badmojo wrote:

I’m sorry Dave, I just can’t do that
-HAL

That was a strange movie. I really did not understand it. They are looking for the origins of life only to find themselves in a room with a bed and dinner on the table.
Kind of like a prison or mental hospital.

Reply 12 of 258, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Intel486dx33 wrote:
badmojo wrote:

-HAL

That was a strange movie. I really did not understand it. They are looking for the origins of life only to find themselves in a room with a bed and dinner on the table.

^IMHO that scene *perhaps* was about (self-)perception, time, space and beyond.
In one moment, he sees himself old, in another one young again.
Or someone (something) else that speaks to him, while mimicing his form (human) to make contact.
Then it appears as he sees the whole universe/meaning of life/future and past as one/ etc.
That being said, I haven't read the book yet (shame on me!). So the meaning is up to the viewer's phantasy, I guess. 😅
In a scene before, the flight through the colours may visualize the borders between dimensions.

Edit: The second movie is also very good, I think.
It's more focused to humanity and more optimistic regarding our future.
The effects and props are also interesting. The tech shown moves from the cold, but elegant 60s
IBM look of mainframes to that colourful, vibrant look of the 80s. Anyway, I'm going slightly off-topic, so I better stop. 😅

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 13 of 258, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jo22 wrote:
^IMHO that scene *perhaps* was about (self-)perception, time, space and beyond. In one moment, he sees himself old, in another […]
Show full quote
Intel486dx33 wrote:
badmojo wrote:

-HAL

^IMHO that scene *perhaps* was about (self-)perception, time, space and beyond.
In one moment, he sees himself old, in another one young again.
Or someone (something) else that speaks to him, while mimicing his form (human) to make contact.
Then it appears as he sees the whole universe/meaning of life/future and past as one/ etc.
That being said, I haven't read the book yet (shame on me!). So the meaning is up to the viewer's phantasy, I guess. 😅
In a scene before, the flight through the colours may visualize the borders between dimensions.

Edit: The second movie is also very good, I think.
It's more focused to humanity and more optimistic regarding our future.
The effects and props are also interesting. The tech shown moves from the cold, but elegant 60s
IBM look of mainframes to that colourful, vibrant look of the 80s. Anyway, I'm going slightly off-topic, so I better stop. 😅

This subject is an entire thread on it own. In all these space / human origin movies someone is always trying to sabotage the mission.
There are People that don't want humans going into space. You should ask NASA about this if it is really true.
In the movie space odyssey 2000 someone or something sabotage the HAL 9000 computer by reprogramming it.
Maybe it was that black stone ?

Reply 14 of 258, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
darry wrote:

Hello [your name], my name is Dr Sbaitso . I am here to help you...
-Dr Sbaitso

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Sbaitso

What model Sound blaster was that ?
I thought sound blaster began manufacture in 1993.

Reply 15 of 258, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Dell: "Dude, you're getting a Dell."
Microsoft: "Life's short, play more."

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 16 of 258, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Bill Gate's famous "640K ought to be enough for anybody", debunked by himself:

"I've said some stupid things and some wrong things, but not that. No one involved in computers would ever say that a certain amount of memory is enough for all time."
"I keep bumping into that silly quotation attributed to me that says 640K of memory is enough. There's never a citation; the quotation just floats like a rumor, repeated again and again."