Configs and Tool Package update:
- replace IFSHLP.SYS for that which is working with MS Client networking, Windows one was not working with it - Internal error 1
- Added WBDMA to ESSOLO1\ESSINIT directory with information from Revolter (thx) for WBDMA compatibility tunning..
- Added Chainsaw deletting utility form Dave Dunfield, for dont ask quick directories and files removal
- Added Keymap utility for remapping keys in Dos from Dave Dunfield
- small Files and Buffers variable decrease to save a bit more memory
- Added JEMM IRQ7 branch
- ESSSolo IRQ5 / IRQ7 handling it really depends on MB, often driver you IRQ just ignore and set its own, check boot info ESSSolo.com message with SHIFT+F8/ or F8 boot option..
- you can enable networking by set @SET Network variable at top of autoexec.com, MSclient Min and MSclientFull, ODI+MTCP and native Packet+MTCP modes are availaible as examples, you need change NIC driver and setting for you machine,there is not autodetection.
- changed some directory structure inside ETHERDRV directory
added ETHERDRV\DDNDcoll again from Dave Dunfield, here is PCINIC.COM to print out info about NIC and PKTDRV.EXE that is collection of 100 NIC driver mainly packet drivers and some ODI and NDIS drivers, when you run it you get menu, when you select you NIC and drivers is extracted in same directory, sometimes even with some execution .bat
- added Share71.exe (from floppy MS-DOS 7.1 installation its missing in Windows 98 installation) and ShareFD (Freedos one) to C:\Drivers these utils are needed for File sharing from DOS machine and Share 6.22 (for fiddling they could be crossused)
- changed default hostname in mTCP to DOS71, to simplify my testing its recommended to change it regardless
- for Minimal client you net enable Protman line in Config.sys networking (disable it for any other networking mode, its not compatible), you can add networking to any branch by add include network line to any branch, only few are used for now - EMS, NOEMS,Realmodes..
- to use networking you need own installation of MS networking client and you need NDIS(2) driver (*.DOS) for your NIC and its configuration.. For now its not part of my package.. i will maybe later add some of NIC, i only few of them (like them for Virtualbox+Vmware, Broadcom 57xx, IntelGB and some newer relteaks and NE2000 you have anything else that expect in-build NIC support.) And even with inbuild support, see could need to fiddle with NIC vector (0x60 to 0x69 values) to make NIC working on your machine.
- Native packet driver networking block - its most memory efective way how to use mTCP stack (if there is native DOS packet driver for your NIC), but no Windows file sharing, for data transfers you have to use mTCP ftp server / client.. or other program compatible with mTCP networking stuck.
I checked other HP Z line machines Z600 is dual cpu and its using Intel 5520 chipset, which has to be tested with pure DOS, HP Z800 also dual CPU is using same chipset. NIC is Broadcom 5761M, big change that it would be pure DOs compatible, integrated soundcars is nice to Realtek HD => XP will work, MacOS too.
Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.