VOGONS

Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 26580 of 52357, by MMaximus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Bought this lot yesterday from a hoarder: 8 desktops PCs ranging from Socket 7 to Pentium 4. 3 old keyboards, loads of floppies and 30-pin and 72-pin RAM sticks.

I might resell most of these locally without even cleaning them as It's not really an era I'm passionate about and I don't have so much time to spend on them, but of course I'll look if there are any interesting cards in them first...

XoCxy8Kl.jpg

ZpJ76iOl.jpg?2

Hard Disk Sounds

Reply 26581 of 52357, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MMaximus wrote:

Bought this lot yesterday from a hoarder: 8 desktops PCs ranging from Socket 7 to Pentium 4. 3 old keyboards, loads of floppies and 30-pin and 72-pin RAM sticks.

I might resell most of these locally without even cleaning them as It's not really an era I'm passionate about and I don't have so much time to spend on them, but of course I'll look if there are any interesting cards in them first...
*snip*

That 'EGT Cirius 3000' looks interesting.

1982 to 2001

Reply 26582 of 52357, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

oh man, that vectra and presario! quick, build a pair o' threadrippers in them!

HP Z420 Workstation Intel Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, RADEON HD7850 2GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
ws90Ts2.gif

Reply 26583 of 52357, by MMaximus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Cyrix200+ wrote:

That 'EGT Cirius 3000' looks interesting.

That's the odd one. Looks like a proprietary system designed for telecommunications (Telex, Teletex, Fax). I don't know what's in there yet or if it would be even possible to turn it into a DOS or windows machine.

oeuvre wrote:

I have absolutely no interest for these OEM systems so I'm not sure what to do with them at this stage 😕 Actually everytime I see a case where the 3.5" floppy drive or CD-Rom drive is hidden behind a weird proprietary bezel I run away 🤣

Hard Disk Sounds

Reply 26585 of 52357, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
MMaximus wrote:
oeuvre wrote:

I have absolutely no interest for these OEM systems so I'm not sure what to do with them at this stage 😕 Actually everytime I see a case where the 3.5" floppy drive or CD-Rom drive is hidden behind a weird proprietary bezel I run away 🤣

damn if you were in the US I;d pay for shipping for one of them

HP Z420 Workstation Intel Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, RADEON HD7850 2GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
ws90Ts2.gif

Reply 26586 of 52357, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I bought a scandoubler....

http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/Indivision_ECS_V2

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 26587 of 52357, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
brostenen wrote:

Is that the one that's about $100 and you can stack two of them for dual monitor? I installed one of those in my Amiga 2000 before sending it off to a museum which now uses that machine to test Amiga games they get in. I had a rev 4.1 board, which is fine, but I had to modify one of the caps so the board would fit. Great product BTW.

The Amiga 2000 I modified right before it was sent off to the museum. 2MB RAM, Indivision ECS Scandoubler/Flicker Fixer and a Lotharek HXC Rev F SD drive. Keeping it classic.

Amiga2000.jpg
Filename
Amiga2000.jpg
File size
1.48 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 26588 of 52357, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ebay coupon for 15% off today.. ended up scoring a few items.
- Doom 2 CD-ROM version in big box ($39)
- Duke Nukem 3D Caribbean "Life's a Beach" in big box ($63)
- Pentium MMX machine for $67 shipped.. I was mostly interested in the case for my 486 build, since these are somewhat hard to come by for under $100. I have a MHz display on hand that I'll be putting in it, if it doesn't have one already. Pics:

KrbsyEah.jpg

lni7KT4h.jpg

jzHjmLwh.jpg

bl6haoDh.jpg

My Github
Circuit Board Repair Manuals

Reply 26589 of 52357, by ph4nt0m

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
appiah4 wrote:
It has apparently suffered a broken cap (that apparently also tore out the solder pad) at some point, and someone fixed it like […]
Show full quote

It has apparently suffered a broken cap (that apparently also tore out the solder pad) at some point, and someone fixed it like this:

Sapphire-Radeon-X800-XT-PE-Repair.jpg

Not pretty but seller assures me it works, and if it really does I'm OK with it. I will go ahead and test it tonight.

It's possible to restore a torn solder pad by pulling one from a dead card and gluing it to the PCB with silicone sealant. Then solder everything carefully and no one will notice.

My Active Sales on CPU-World

Reply 26590 of 52357, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
wiretap wrote:
[…]
Show full quote
<snip>

[url=https://imgur.com/jzHjmLw][img]http://i.imgur.com/jzHjmLwh.jpg[/img][/url]
<snip>[/quote]

Looks like an Asus P55T2P4. Nice!

1982 to 2001

Reply 26591 of 52357, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SW-SSG wrote:
Merovign wrote:

Okay this one has an *IBM* DX4-100 on it. That's nice, I had an IBM SLC 166 back in the day.

The MB looks like a PC Chips, albeit the cache might actually be real (it's at least socketed and doesn't have "WRITE BACK" printed on it). The CPU is either a Cyrix manufactured and branded by IBM or an Intel DX4 manufactured and branded by IBM; I'm still fuzzy on which it is with the 486 chips...

The CPU is Cyrix compatible.

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 26592 of 52357, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Cyrix200+ wrote:
wiretap wrote:
[…]
Show full quote
<snip>
<snip>[/quote]

Looks like an Asus P55T2P4. Nice![/quote]
Yes, it is. Dead Dallas RTC battery, but that's an easy fix. :cool:

My Github

Reply 26593 of 52357, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
wiretap wrote:
Cyrix200+ wrote:
wiretap wrote:
[…]
Show full quote
<snip>
<snip>[/quote]

Looks like an Asus P55T2P4. Nice![/quote]
Yes, it is. Dead Dallas RTC battery, but that's an easy fix. :cool:[/quote]

Yeah, it's easy to reach!

1982 to 2001

Reply 26594 of 52357, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
wiretap wrote:

- Pentium MMX machine for $67 shipped.. I was mostly interested in the case for my 486 build, since these are somewhat hard to come by for under $100. I have a MHz display on hand that I'll be putting in it, if it doesn't have one already. Pics:

Okay, weird. I sold that exact board (unpopulated - no CPU, RAM, or cards) in that exact case to a local guy a couple years ago. I'm on the west coast, but things do move around... Would be pretty neat if it's the same system!

Where is it getting shipped from?

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 26595 of 52357, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
liqmat wrote:
Is that the one that's about $100 and you can stack two of them for dual monitor? I installed one of those in my Amiga 2000 befo […]
Show full quote
brostenen wrote:

Is that the one that's about $100 and you can stack two of them for dual monitor? I installed one of those in my Amiga 2000 before sending it off to a museum which now uses that machine to test Amiga games they get in. I had a rev 4.1 board, which is fine, but I had to modify one of the caps so the board would fit. Great product BTW.

The Amiga 2000 I modified right before it was sent off to the museum. 2MB RAM, Indivision ECS Scandoubler/Flicker Fixer and a Lotharek HXC Rev F SD drive. Keeping it classic.

Amiga2000.jpg

It is the version 2 of that scandoubler. Same company (Individual). On paper they have made it better, and they did not lie, when they told that would cost the same as the original version. I have no clue on, if it can be stacked and give dual monitor output. I am going to use my IndevisionECS V2 in my Amiga600. It is a recapped machine, and I am going to keep it classic as well. To a degree that is. I have the A604n ram upgrade installed, in order to have the IndevisionECS-V2 working. And it will allow me to use the RapidRoad USB upgrade, if I find some kind of way to install the USB-Ports somewere nice in the case. If I choose the USB upgrade, then I will be upgrading my machine to the new 3.1.4 AmigaOS released a couple of month's ago.

Nice 2000 by the way. I totally get, if they are happy with it. It must have been hard to let it go.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 26596 of 52357, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
xjas wrote:
wiretap wrote:

Okay, weird. I sold that exact board (unpopulated - no CPU, RAM, or cards) in that exact case to a local guy a couple years ago. I'm on the west coast, but things do move around... Would be pretty neat if it's the same system!

Where is it getting shipped from?

West Virginia is where it says it ships from.

My Github

Reply 26597 of 52357, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

A huge find for me today, literally. This black tower of power has all the bells and whistles for its time. I will be cleaning this sweetheart up over the next couple of weeks piece by piece. A physicist from a university used to own this beast, I was told, and I found it in an old hardware shop. I wont say what I paid, but it wasn't cheap nor was it too expensive either. Once I have it all cleaned up this will be my main software imaging system and software archive box.

black_tower_1.JPG
Filename
black_tower_1.JPG
File size
971.69 KiB
Views
File license
black_tower_2.JPG
Filename
black_tower_2.JPG
File size
941.54 KiB
Views
File license

Initial turn on reveals the A: drive (3½") pulls up just fine, but B: (5¼") doesn't seem to want to cooperate. Haven't had a chance to play around too much though.

black_tower_3.JPG
Filename
black_tower_3.JPG
File size
980.18 KiB
Views
File license
black_tower_4.JPG
Filename
black_tower_4.JPG
File size
963.92 KiB
Views
File license
black_tower_5.JPG
Filename
black_tower_5.JPG
File size
972.67 KiB
Views
File license
Last edited by liqmat on 2021-11-18, 16:40. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 26598 of 52357, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Let's look inside.

black_tower_6.JPG
Filename
black_tower_6.JPG
File size
940.5 KiB
Views
File license
black_tower_7.JPG
Filename
black_tower_7.JPG
File size
990.06 KiB
Views
File license

A nice mammoth full length EISA SCSI controller and a row of 16 4MB memory sticks for a whopping 64MB of RAM.

black_tower_8.JPG
Filename
black_tower_8.JPG
File size
962.11 KiB
Views
File license

Another mammoth ISA card. A dual line modem.

black_tower_9.JPG
Filename
black_tower_9.JPG
File size
922.17 KiB
Views
File license

A sweet tasting Kingston Turbochip.

black_tower_10.JPG
Filename
black_tower_10.JPG
File size
965.59 KiB
Views
File license
Last edited by liqmat on 2018-12-29, 06:13. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 26599 of 52357, by SW-SSG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Oooo, "Full AT" bigtower... in black! With matching SCSI HDD bay and dual-floppy!

I wonder why the owner put a floppy disk label on that HDD...

EDIT: Weitek FPU (?), too... I don't want to know how expensive that entire machine was when it was brand new.

Last edited by SW-SSG on 2018-12-29, 07:26. Edited 1 time in total.