VOGONS

First post, by Lo-ResBros

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I got a sealed big box of Wolfenstein Spear of Destiny. The seal has a rip where the barcode is, otherwise the seal is really nice. Would you guys open it? 🤣 I’m leaning towards opening. I like looking at the games contents, manuals and documents, but there’s no real need to open it otherwise. Curious what others would choose to do. I don’t collect sealed games but happen to come accross this today for a very good deal.

index.php?file_id=84812490878038682686

AMD K6-2+/550MHz
Soltek SL-54U5 Super Socket 7
64MB SDRAM
3DFX Voodoo 3 3000 16MB
Sound Blaster AWE64
Roland SC-55mkII

Pentium MMX 233MHz
Tyan TitanVX S1470 Socket 7
128MB SDRAM
ATi Rage 128 pro 32MB
Audio Plus 320 v.1
Roland SC-88

Reply 1 of 8, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If you do open it, make it a great unboxing video that you can share. 😉

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - And i intend to get every last bit out of it even after loading every damn driver!

Reply 2 of 8, by Baoran

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't see the point of keeping sealed copies if you don't collect them or wish to sell them later while not interested in playing yourself.
I do have one sealed copy myself, but it was because I was originally disappointed in the game and it is an mmorpg that I wanted to originally make 2 accounts for, but because I was disappointed, I never opened the second box which was a collector's edition.

Reply 3 of 8, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sell it for a huge profit and buy an unsealed copy to look at. I would think you would easily get AT LEAST $500 US for it, assuming the box is in good condition.

Reply 4 of 8, by Baoran

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Shagittarius wrote:

Sell it for a huge profit and buy an unsealed copy to look at. I would think you would easily get AT LEAST $500 US for it, assuming the box is in good condition.

I don't see how he could get that mount of money for it especially if there is a rip like he said.
People get scammed with "sealed" copies online alot because it is so easy to reseal those games and someone who pays alot for sealed copy is unlikely to ever check if the box has the things it is suppose to have.

Reply 5 of 8, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I would be surprised if it didn't go for close to $1000. Sealed items are the most sought after, im assuming his copy is legit without seeing it.

Reply 6 of 8, by Lo-ResBros

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

to be more specific, it’s the super cd-rom pack version which I believe is not as valuable as the version that comes on floppy. I’ll link a video my kids made unboxing it along with 2 other sealed games on their youtube channel once it’s done uploading.

I was hesitant to open them, but was cool to let the kids open a few new games from the early 90’s 😀

AMD K6-2+/550MHz
Soltek SL-54U5 Super Socket 7
64MB SDRAM
3DFX Voodoo 3 3000 16MB
Sound Blaster AWE64
Roland SC-55mkII

Pentium MMX 233MHz
Tyan TitanVX S1470 Socket 7
128MB SDRAM
ATi Rage 128 pro 32MB
Audio Plus 320 v.1
Roland SC-88