IMG_0920r.jpg
Filename
IMG_0920r.jpg
File size
1.02 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

First the card was detected but I got errors when starting any app. After some time I had enough and randomly switched the DIPs....then it was working 😀 Working config on the photo above.

Very impressive is the Number Nine TIGA Dance Demo...great performance on a 12MHz machine..!
ftp://retronn.de/driver/NumberNine/ftp/gxi/

Filename
TIGA DEMO.rar
File size
42.62 KiB
Downloads
85 downloads
File license
IMG_0913r.jpg
Filename
IMG_0913r.jpg
File size
319.74 KiB
Views
File license
IMG_0917r.jpg
Filename
IMG_0917r.jpg
File size
1.44 MiB
Views
File license

Reply 1 of 42, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi-Res Word 5:

IMG_0918r.jpg
Filename
IMG_0918r.jpg
File size
403.4 KiB
Views
File license

Win 3:

IMG_0919r.jpg
Filename
IMG_0919r.jpg
File size
1.29 MiB
Views
File license

But there seem to be not many other apps available for TIGA and totally useless for games.

Reply 2 of 42, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You need AutoCAD. Also, WP5.1 might work.
https://www.pcorner.com/list/WP/51GRDRV.ZIP/INFO/

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 3 of 42, by 386_junkie

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
gdjacobs wrote:

You need AutoCAD. Also, WP5.1 might work.
https://www.pcorner.com/list/WP/51GRDRV.ZIP/INFO/

Yup... AutoCAD 13 was the last I believe for Win 3.1... after this version there is no further support.

Nice card btw!

Compaq Systempro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ Compaq Junkiepro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ ALR Powerpro; EISA Dual 386

EISA Graphic Cards ¦ EISA Graphic Card Benchmarks

Reply 5 of 42, by rasz_pl

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I would love to see the difference in Autocad between software and hardware accelerated modes.
Software is pretty unusable, even on 386 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8-ONga-3BY

Open Source AT&T Globalyst/NCR/FIC 486-GAC-2 proprietary Cache Module reproduction

Reply 6 of 42, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sorry, I have no time to get into AutoCAD.. 😉 I can say that the Dance-Demo is on a 286-12 as fast as on a 486-DX2-66

After the success with the EIZO I was also motivated to get my Rasterex LIBERTY II-AT running:
Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today
file.php?id=56168&t=1
Found some drivers here
http://ftp.mpoli.fi/pub/hardware/DISPLAY/OTHER/

They are for the correct card, but seem to be incomplete. The TIGACD.EXE seems to be card-specific and this one complains about a missing file. Substituing from other drivers dont work.

Also not sure about my card as one crystal and some memory seem to be missing.

Therefore, seems not be easys to buy a working card with drivers available.

Reply 7 of 42, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
rasz_pl wrote:

I would love to see the difference in Autocad between software and hardware accelerated modes.
Software is pretty unusable, even on 386 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8-ONga-3BY

Not sure what this guy in the video is doing. Never saw text being show so slow... maybe on a XT 😕

At least with R10 the 386DX with any math coprocesor (x87 is required) it runs pretty good in standard VGA mode.

R11 is 32-bit only and it's exactly twice as fast as R10. With R12 they have done some optimizations as regen/hide/render functions are 5-10X faster as in R11 on the same hardware.

Don't have TIGA card yet... I hope to get one for a good price one day and test it with Autocad.

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs

Reply 8 of 42, by eisapc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The Rasterex card is surely missing some zip memory and probably some crystals. Older versions of Autocad are nice to play around with old TIGA boards, but I am still looking for an ancient version of Eagle PCB layout software supporting these tiga boards. Unluckily I do not have any rasterex software in my archives, but software for the following owned TIGA boards is availiable
SPEA Graphiti Hilite (different versions with and without basic VGA owned)
ELSA Gemini (Board owned is MCA)
Artist Graphics XJS
MIRO Tiger
Texas Instruments Tiga series (board is Tigastar)
Matrox PG1281
eisapc

Reply 9 of 42, by gfernval

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi:

I have the same card EIZO (MB B-12) but without BIOS chips! Could you make a dump of both BIOS chips? Each chip is a 27C512 EPROM.
Would like also like to know the markings of the attached SIMMs (3 DRAM and 2 VRAM)

Reply 10 of 42, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Currently not at home, maybe on the weekend. Not very keen to remove the ROMs as the card is quite valuable. I dont think its possible to read the ROMs from DOS without removing them?
Can you post a photo of your card?

Reply 11 of 42, by gfernval

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The BIOS of the card is OK, but I wonder if the Eizo MD B-12 card is able to work without any SIMMS (DRAM or VRAM), I have checked my card
and does not work (it seems to me that it is missing DRAM simms. Where can I find such SIMMs? Can you let me know what is written in the DRAM/VRAM simms?

Reply 12 of 42, by 1ST1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I now have also this EIZO MD-B12 TIGA card. I purchased it with an 80386-33 based Olivetti M380XP9 machine. And I plan to use it, together with other cards (SB Pro 2, Adaptec 1542A, 3Com Etherlink 3). Unfortuantelly I don't have found any documentation on that card. Thanks above in this thread I have the drivers for several DOS applications, Windows 3.x and GEM/3.

I have a few questions about that card:
1. Hardware ressources (IRQ, DMA, Io-Ports) ? The card has no jumpers at all to configure the ressources.
2. User manual? I found only some general manuals of the TMS 34010 videop processor on the VGA card museum website.
3. The card has 4 SIMM sockets. Maximum size, minimum speed of the SIMMs, parity yes or no?
4. Linux drivers for older Linux distributions?
5. OS/2 Warp 3 drivers?

Additionally I wonder if it is normal that the card does not show anything already in BIOS Post or MS-DOS mode. It's clear that for that I need to have an additional VGA card, so I do, but the two cards are connected through VGA feature connector cable so I expected the TIGA card would pass through the VGA signal undtil the TIGA itself takes over making the picture. But it does not pass through. My ATI MACH 8 card which is installed in the same way does it.

Reply 13 of 42, by Grzyb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
1ST1 wrote on 2020-10-22, 07:28:

4. Linux drivers for older Linux distributions?

This article mentions some commercial X11 stuff from MetroLink and AGE Logic - http://www.geekdot.com/tiga-programming/

Żywotwór planetarny, jego gnijące błoto, jest świtem egzystencji, fazą wstępną, i wyłoni się z krwawych ciastomózgowych miedź miłująca...

Reply 14 of 42, by vlask

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Been working with HWinfo author on basic tiga detection. But i have only Spea cards. On them its working along with memory size. Someone want to try it on his tiga other than spea? DOS version available here...
http://vgamuseum.info/images/doc/hwinfo/

Not only mine graphics cards collection at http://www.vgamuseum.info

Reply 16 of 42, by 1ST1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, I now have such an EIZO MD-B12 TIGA TMS34010 card as well. Thanks above for the link to the drivers, so I could get it to run, at least now in DOS, with the test/demo tools. Win 3.11 is also installed, but not included drivers yet. I plan a comparison between the TIGA card and the VGA card I have installed in my PC. I like to know how fast it is. The VGA card is a Tridend 8900C with 1 MB RAM. I prefered something else, but I don't have an ET 4000 or Mach32, and the WDC90C31 I have doesn't start in that PC.

Questions:
1. What kind of SIMM modules can I use to expand the memory of that card? Currently it only alows resoultions like 1024x1024 in 16 colors, while that Trident card allows 1024x768 in 256 colors.
2. Which benchmark should I use in WIn 3.11 to compare both cards?
3. Is it possible to unload the TIGACD driver? I only would need it in Windows and maybe a few DOS apps (I see with above link I have drivers for several DOS applications). So as TIGACD uses a lot of memory I would like to load it only when starting Windows or such an app, and afterwards unload it. The idea is to not include the TIGACD driver in autoexec.bat, but for example in my win.bat like I already did with "net start" (with a "net stop" after Windows end).

Reply 18 of 42, by vlask

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Dont think that simm modules help any way in increasing resolution. Tiga cards have 2 different memories. VRAM limiting maximum resolution and number of colors and DRAM sometimes on simm modules for executing software in cards memory. So simms might increase capacity of memory used by programs, but not affect resolution.....

Not only mine graphics cards collection at http://www.vgamuseum.info

Reply 19 of 42, by 1ST1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@gfernval - If it doesn't work that mayby is because of an adress conflict. There are dip switches on the card to select it's base adress and maybe other things. Unfortunatelly I didn't find a user manual for the card to understand how to set it up. But I have an Adapetc 1542 in that machine, and if it's ROM adress is set to C800h (that's adaptec's default), the the TIGA base drivers doesn't find the card. If I set the Adapect ROM to different base adress, it works. So I know, my card is set to C800h. Maybe we should compare dip switch settings, or you set your's like mine and avoid using C800h for other cards.