VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hey all,

Ford Racing 2 doesn't work on anything above Windows XP due to how it calls the music (a wma filter issue). I've taken the widescreen fixes (and original 4:3 version) jackfauste made on wsgf.org and created my own batch file method of calling Windows Media Player to easily play back the .wma music files in Ford Racing 2, which sort of restores the game so something of what it was like (with some obvious caveats).

All the necessary files are attached. Read the readme!

Attachments

• Filename
    FordRacing2_fixpack.zip
    File size
    1.77 MiB
    Downloads
    3473 downloads
    File comment
    Ford Racing 2 fixes, widescreen patches and music player
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 1 of 1, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Okay there's been an update on the music front, you just need to copy across msaud32.acm from Windows XP (SP2 or SP3, maybe earlier might work too) then register it, as described here: DirectShow - Windows Media Source Filter - Ford Racing 2, Test Drive 6, Monopoly Tycoon (there may be more)

You'll also need to seek out a no-CD patch if running on Win10, as the game uses an old protection system that's no longer supported.

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor