VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by aries-mu

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

In the world I would have wanted it, I would have been paid 40 bucks/hour to play Sim City 2000 under MS-DOS. I'd have made a living on it, plus the rest (at 50 bucks/hour you can pay your bills by working part-time on Sim City 2000 for 20 hours/week, and then still get plenty of time to do whatever else... or your face will end up Maxis Sim City-2000 shaped 🤣)

They said therefore to him: Who are you?
Jesus said to them: The beginning, who also speak unto you

Reply 1 of 12, by Beegle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just add a webcam and streaming, and actually there are people who play games for a living as we speak.

The more sound cards, the better.
AdLib documentary : Official Thread
Youtube Channel : The Sound Card Database

Reply 3 of 12, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Simcity 2000 was pretty good for sure, but god did I hate having to deal with the plumbing. For this reason I prefer the original, especially the Amiga version. I think my favourite part of SC2000 was reading the news reports in their fake newspaper.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 5 of 12, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Anonymous Coward wrote:

Simcity 2000 was pretty good for sure, but god did I hate having to deal with the plumbing. For this reason I prefer the original, especially the Amiga version. I think my favourite part of SC2000 was reading the news reports in their fake newspaper.

The plumbing is broken with purpose, as Maxis apparently felt like simulating their own state's issues with water supply... 🤣

SC3k Unlimited may be Windows-based, but it's basically 2000 on steroids (unfortunately minus waterfalls and water power).

I also really don't understand people claiming how SimCity is forcing an ultraliberal economic world view on people; they probably never played the games (or completely missed the part where you can have subsidies and free whatever for your SimCitizens...).

Reply 6 of 12, by Big Pink

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
yawetaG wrote:

SC3k Unlimited may be Windows-based, but it's basically 2000 on steroids (unfortunately minus waterfalls and water power).

I have many fond memories of playing both SC2K and SC3K, but the jazz/minimalist soundtrack of 3000 seals it for me. One of my absolute favourite game soundtracks.

I thought IBM was born with the world

Reply 9 of 12, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

"This is city copter one, reporting heavy traffic"

*Finds helicopter, selects the center tool, and clicks on the helicopter*

"MAYDAY!!! MAYDAY!!"

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 10 of 12, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

barstard chopper with auto goto on making me loose the screen I was working on. He never did learn.