VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hello!

as per title, is there a game that uses both MIDI and FM at the same time? Not one or another but both at the same time, maybe playing midi music and opl2 sfx?
thanks!

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 3 of 10, by CrossBow777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

How does that work? Require a patched driver or something? I've got the game and I recall it only has one sound option and Roland MT-32 is just by itself I thought?

g883j7-2.png
Midi Modules: MT-32 (OLD), MT-200, MT-300, MT-90S, MT-90U, SD-20

Reply 4 of 10, by Cloudschatze

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CrossBow777 wrote:

How does that work? Require a patched driver or something?

Not at all. A complete copy of Zeliard should contain the following music drivers:

• MSCADLIB.DRV - Ad Lib
  • MSCJR.DRV - PCjr/Tandy
  • MSCMT.DRV - MT-32
  • MSCSTD.DRV - PC Beeper (with single and "multi-channel" toggling)

And the following sound-effect drivers:

• SNDADLIB.DRV - Ad Lib
  • SNDJR.DRV - PCjr/Tandy
  • SNDSTD.DRV - PC Beeper

The combination of Ad Lib music and PCjr/Tandy sound-effects is particularly nice.

Reply 5 of 10, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Zeliard is indeed an interesting game, both in terms of music and technology.
I once used it for testing my home made Covox Speech Thing clones and Temu (that's a Tandy 3-Voice emulator).
If memory serves, there's a key combo to enabled/disable "multi-channel" PC-Speaker music if PC-Speaker is selected for music.

Another musically interesting game is Silpheed. Some tracks (musical scores) are really good IMHO.. 😀

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 9 of 10, by Scali

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Any game using the IBM Music Feature Card or Yamaha FB-01 uses MIDI and FM at the same time, given that they are both MIDI-based FM synthesizers 😀

http://scalibq.wordpress.com/just-keeping-it- … ro-programming/

Reply 10 of 10, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Scali wrote:

Any game using the IBM Music Feature Card or Yamaha FB-01 uses MIDI and FM at the same time, given that they are both MIDI-based FM synthesizers 😀

Then hundreds of games use MIDI and FM at the same time, as most middleware libraries like Miles Sound System or HMI SOS convert MIDI to FM in real time.

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city