VOGONS

First post, by DH33

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It's an 8bit ISA that was found brand new and still packaged, any help is appreciated.
I have more pictures but the og post is limited to 5.

Reply 1 of 10, by DH33

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Some more pictures.

Reply 2 of 10, by Vaudane

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I spy standard serial and parallel ports with additional data lines, so I'd hazard a guess at an instrument control card with additional GPIO.

Reply 3 of 10, by DH33

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there any way of identifying the brand/model of this card then? I attempted hardware ID but I was using NET BSD and it didn't show, Im planning on trying windows 2000 as a last resort but I've a feeling it won't work.

Reply 4 of 10, by retardware

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This kind of stuff is practically useless outside of lab context.
There is always some proprietary software connected with it, which is hard to impossible to find.
But as parts donator its sometimes good imho.

Reply 5 of 10, by DH33

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Im not worried about value or usefulness, I just want to know what it is 🙁

Reply 6 of 10, by AlaricD

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Haven't seen a Beckman Instruments card in YEARS! Nice find!

Reply 7 of 10, by DH33

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh damn, thank you Alaric, I'll start looking through their cards to see if I can find a match. Can I ask how you figured it out?

Reply 8 of 10, by AlaricD

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DH33 wrote:

Oh damn, thank you Alaric, I'll start looking through their cards to see if I can find a match. Can I ask how you figured it out?

Beckman Instruments is now Beckman Coulter, and people working in scientific labs, medical and veterinary labs, and the like, will have seen them in the wild. The card looked familiar already (I've seen similar connecting blood analysis devices to a computer), but you posted a very clear picture of the markings, such as BD 240274. Not that hard to Google such a string and find matches.

Reply 9 of 10, by DH33

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thats embarassing, I searched up P/W BD 240274 and got nothing, I never thought to just do BD 240274. Sorry for having half a braincell Alaric, but thank you VERY much for the help.

Reply 10 of 10, by AlaricD

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DH33 wrote:

thank you VERY much for the help.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!