VOGONS

VOGONS Driver Library

Topic actions

Reply 720 of 1461, by retardware

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

To avoid misunderstanding, I didn't know that the deletion of "printer/scanner drivers" was related to some new-ish USB stuff.
I was thinking of drivers for long-forgotten historic manufacturers like Centronics etc. when I read that.

I completely agree, USB stuff (except maybe USB drivers for pre-USB-OSes) is not vintage and should be left to the numerous ad-financed driver pages.
But what I would find a bit sad would be if peripheral drivers for stuff before common standards came up would be "banned".
Thinking of pre-ESC-P, pre-PCL and such stuff. Look, the pre-IDE CD reader stuff is all preserved for these soundcards "with IDE", for example. But what would then be with pre-USB hand scanners, which are seen not-so-rarely in the "I just bought this" thread - drivers welcome or not? Maybe another vogonsdriver folder for "other stuff"?

I find this relevant, because, what if some guy thinks it is sufficient to upload these drivers on vogons [only], with the consequence that these could get deleted and lost for the community.

What I mainly meant was that I'd like a more clear line, which is being considered as relevant vintage and which not.
I didn't see such (maybe I just overlooked it, though)

And I would like to say kudos to Squall and the others who keep Vogons up. Thumbs up! 😀
(One suggestion though - could there be a [more prominent] hint how to support the site by donations?)

Reply 721 of 1461, by gigigranvisir

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all, I'm new to the forum.
As my interest to collecting retro hardware, I wish to contribute to this forum.
In 1999 I bought a Creative 3D Blaster Savage 4 PCI video card and since those times, I collected all the stuff related.

Here is the full archive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15YWpI5_V705 … sM0Q--uFubSLCox

What is inside:
- Win9x Reference drivers by S3, with different core files including the latest one and an obscure version with anisotropic filtering capability
- Win 3.11 drivers
- Win2000/XP drivers, official and ChroMetal driver pack, supporting also other Savage family chips
- OpenGL ICD and MiniGL, various versions
- Metal driver, latest one and another version with 3DNow! support (no info about this)
- Savage 4 bios collection, including S3 reference and other manufacturers
- Creative original files (drivers and control panel)
- various tweakers
- Glide wrappers
- BeOS drivers
- Windows registry strings for different configurations
- Quake 3 configuration files
- Special INF file to be used when the Savage 4 is combined to a BT878 TV card

Glad to share, hope you find useful

Reply 722 of 1461, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Just a heads up that the vogonsdrivers.com web upload and the process ftp uploads functions are not working.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 723 of 1461, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thought this might be interesting for people to know how to get to all drivers for specific categories and OSes on Dell without having to know the model number of the computer. Very useful for finding drivers that are for add-ons such as PCMCIA cards or for hardware that was used on multiple models but Dell either doesn't have a link for a specific driver or the link they have goes to a non-working version of the driver or the wrong driver.

Windows 95 sound drivers:
https://www.dell.com/Search/cr/en/crdhs1/supp … denavigator~W95

Windows 3.1 sound drivers:
https://www.dell.com/Search/cr/en/crdhs1/supp … denavigator~W31

MS-DOS sound drivers:
https://www.dell.com/Search/cr/en/crdhs1/supp … denavigator~DOS

Here is the page that lets you select the category and OS you want the driver for:
https://www.dell.com/Search/cr/en/crdhs1/supp … drivers/results

Windows 3.1 is not listed, but you can replace the very end of the URL after the ~ with W31 and that will bring up Windows 3.1.

DOS is also not listed. You can replace the selected OS after the ~ with DOS to bring up the DOS drivers.

Make sure to select the category before the OS so the OS will be at the end of the URL.

If you select the OS first, you can still mod the URL to get the right OS, it just isn't at the end... it will be right after
driversoscodenavigator~

Now, the links on these pages will not get you to the actual downloads. You will need to look at the Driver ID at the end of the link and then do a google search for:
Dell driverid

Doing that will bring up a working link.

Last edited by cyclone3d on 2019-05-06, 02:46. Edited 1 time in total.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 724 of 1461, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
cyclone3d wrote:

Just a heads up that the vogonsdrivers.com web upload and the process ftp uploads functions are not working.

I just uploaded something 63KB through the web interface using Chrome and had no issue.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 725 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stiletto wrote:
cyclone3d wrote:

I just uploaded something 63KB through the web interface using Chrome and had no issue.

There was an issue with the FTP Upload Processing page, this has been fixed. 😀

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 726 of 1461, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Trying to upload a manual for the STB Soundrage 32 sound card right now. I put it in a zip and tried to upload via the web interface - tried both Chrome and Edge and getting this same exact error on both:

vogonsdrivers_upload_error.PNG
Filename
File size
2.64 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 727 of 1461, by WarsawPact1955

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
WarsawPact1955 wrote:
I am new to Vogons. The thread sticky said to post here with submissions. […]
Show full quote

I am new to Vogons. The thread sticky said to post here with submissions.

I have an Avance Logic ALS4000 driver CD that covers everything from DOS to Windows XP. Thought it might be useful to submit for that reason, alone. I am emplacing it in a node with a removable SSD that runs DOS+WFW 3.11 on one SSD, Windows 98SE on another, and Windows XP on yet another, so I needed a board that covered them all and just received it today. Crossed my fingers that it would cover DOS+Windows 3.x because nowhere on the box or even on the CD silkscreen does it claim that, but sure enough it does have those drivers. The eBay gamble paid off! 😀

The link to the 182MB archive (.zip) containing the driver CD .iso, manual photos, and box art is: https://www.professionalservices.pro/SC1938_4 … 11--Archive.zip

If a moderator would like to upload it, or I guess if not, would someone let me know the decision so I can remove it, afterward?

I'll go ahead and take this down. If a moderator wants to upload it later I can replace it...

Reply 728 of 1461, by Phantasm

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If you have a file or two to contribute, put it somewhere public (mega.co.nz, Dropbox, Google Drive, whatever) and post the link in this thread along with some details and a photo/image if you have one. Either myself or one of the rad people here will gladly upload the file if it's suitable.

Hi! I'm from Russia.)) I have some rare driver disks, and I would like to share with you here (specially registered on the forum for this).
Yamaha (Sound) YMF-724E&F + YMF719E
4fb5ce5ce4d5t.jpg

I also have these disks. If you need to share something - let me know!)
Good luck!)

Reply 729 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
cyclone3d wrote:

Trying to upload a manual for the STB Soundrage 32 sound card right now. I put it in a zip and tried to upload via the web interface - tried both Chrome and Edge and getting this same exact error on both:

Can you tell me the exact name of the file you are trying to upload? If multiple browsers are experiencing a problem, I have to guess it's something to do with the values being provided.

I just uploaded a test file through the web interface and it worked OK.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 730 of 1461, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SquallStrife wrote:
cyclone3d wrote:

Can you tell me the exact name of the file you are trying to upload? If multiple browsers are experiencing a problem, I have to guess it's something to do with the values being provided.

I just uploaded a test file through the web interface and it worked OK.

I tried:
"STB Soundrage 32 manual.zip"
"STB_Soundrage_32_manual.zip"

I just tried again and the same exact error message came up.
I thought maybe it was just the manual category so I tried putting it in the Gravis category but the same thing happened.

Also tried disabling my firewall - no change

The web upload page says this when I select the file I am trying to upload : "File OK: 13,564,408 bytes."

Not sure what is going on.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 731 of 1461, by Dragon Caesar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I found a set of utilities that may be helpful for anyone who stumbles across a NexGen VL system. These utilities are the NexGen VL BIOS flasher, v3 of the VL BIOS, and some shareware for CPU identification and FPU emulation. There's also a README from NexGen included with descriptions of each along with strong words about how they're not responsible for any kind of support with the CPU identification utilities.

Attachments

• Filename
    nexgen80.zip
    File size
    802.87 KiB
    Downloads
    91 downloads
    File license

Reply 732 of 1461, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ok, so I think I may have figured out what was going on.

Back when the ftp processing was not working, I had uploaded a file and then forgot to process it after it was fixed.

Then when I tried to upload via the web interface, it seems like it freaked out and didn't know what to do.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 733 of 1461, by Paralel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Digispeech Plus & Port-Able Sound Plus Drivers v4.05

Also contains the last version of the Sound Blaster emulation software, BMaster v2.07

Device must be attached when installation occurs, or installation in DOS or Windows will error out.

Attachments

• Filename
    DigiSpch.exe
    File size
    1.12 MiB
    Downloads
    104 downloads
    File comment
    Digispeech Plus & Port-Able Sound Plus Drivers v4.05
    File license

Reply 734 of 1461, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Just uploaded the original drivers and scanned user manual for the DSP Solutions Digispeech Plus DS311.
http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?file … 545&menustate=0

Original drivers are version 4.00 (DOS, Windows 3.X and 95)
The Diginet Network Disk is version 1.0

@Paralel - Thanks for the 4.05 driver set. 😀

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 735 of 1461, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Wasn't really planning to do this today, but for the sake of getting a bunch of "some day, eventually" projects off my stack, here are:

"Believe your Ears" Aureal A3D demonstration disc

Aureal A3D Demo Disc_sized.jpg
Filename
Aureal A3D Demo Disc_sized.jpg
File size
158.18 KiB
Views
File license
jacket_outside_sized.jpg
Filename
jacket_outside_sized.jpg
File size
154.41 KiB
Views
File license

Note: I'm pretty sure this demo can be run on any sound card, the A3D effects are "baked in." Give it a go & post back!

and,

Matrox Parhelia & Millennium P-series driver / utility disc

matrox_parhelia_apve_sized.jpg
Filename
matrox_parhelia_apve_sized.jpg
File size
137.31 KiB
Views
File license

This disc contains a Win2K/XP driver for the above cards, a few utilities, and a much later (2005-dated) version of the Reef demo than is commonly found elsewhere. I don't know what's changed in this compared to previous versions; I haven't been able to run it (don't own the requisite card.)

Please feel free to re-up these elsewhere (e.g. Archive.org) if you're a contributor to another site and these discs aren't available there. It took me over 3 hours to upload maxing out my 2001-speed DSL link, so I'm not gonna do it. 😜

Enjoy!

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 736 of 1461, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

MediaSonic / Media Technology Sound Commander fx

Sound Commander fx_sized.jpg
Filename
File size
160.95 KiB
Views
File license

Note: these disks were sent to me to read by forum user Mico, who stopped logging on & responding to PMs shortly after I sent him the files. Dude - I still have your disks! If on the off chance you read this, get in touch so I can send them back. 😜

Also, I have a request: if somebody who torrents could grab the Creative Prodikeys driver CD available from the user in this thread and upload it, I'd be extremely greatful! I've tried to download it myself but just couldn't get it to work. This disc isn't available anywhere else on the web yet (only the individual drivers, repackaged and hosted on really shifty sites, and even those are hard to find.)

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 737 of 1461, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
xjas wrote:
MediaSonic / Media Technology Sound Commander fx […]
Show full quote

MediaSonic / Media Technology Sound Commander fx

Note: these disks were sent to me to read by forum user Mico, who stopped logging on & responding to PMs shortly after I sent him the files. Dude - I still have your disks! If on the off chance you read this, get in touch so I can send them back. 😜

Also, I have a request: if somebody who torrents could grab the Creative Prodikeys driver CD available from the user in this thread and upload it, I'd be extremely greatful! I've tried to download it myself but just couldn't get it to work. This disc isn't available anywhere else on the web yet (only the individual drivers, repackaged and hosted on really shifty sites, and even those are hard to find.)

I have the torrent open, but there isn't anybody on that is seeding it. Looks like only 2 people have it according to the tracker... and who knows if they are even still seeding it even if they are on.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 739 of 1461, by mrcruise

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Creative Prodikeys DM.iso + Pic has been uploaded to MegaNZ

Link as follows:

https://mega.nz/#!3d80jaaZ!uv2kg4e2zY3RO-KJfo … 4-OSrM6unSUS9io (ISO ~ 468MB)

https://mega.nz/#!uJtwAIIR!r7IkwmhddfQ_taT8Yo … IhAfJby4VkoNi84 (PIC)

Perhaps someone can download and upload to Driver Library

Hope this was what you were after

Attachments