VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

After a year of hype and anticipation, I was let down myself. Wanted so badly Hulk vs. Thanos round 2, didn't get it. Got Dr. Doolittle with glasses and muscles instead.
Thor got turned into a drunken santa claus, what is going on with Disney "neutering" these characters? I'm an old school fart that read comics in the 70's maybe that's the problem.

On a positive note Cap using Thor's hammer was cool, as was Thor joining Guardians of the Galaxy. Plenty of humor, interesting time travel confrontations. What's yer take?

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 1 of 18, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Being a DC fan my self, and reading this. Naaahh... Not going to pay 27 US Dollars to watch it.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 2 of 18, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
brostenen wrote:

Being a DC fan my self, and reading this. Naaahh... Not going to pay 27 US Dollars to watch it.

Yeah, I'd wait on streaming it or whatever!

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 3 of 18, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
buckeye wrote:
brostenen wrote:

Not even going to watch it then. I saw some Marvel with loke and thor beating each other into a pulp a couple of years ago. To me it was a bit too much hollywood and the caracters were too clean cut and looked like a couple of metro sexual dudes from the local gym.

Naaa.... We have a slightly different view on how they look here in Denmark. Mainly due to this cartoon.

Small clip on Youtube, with English subtitles.

But hey. Who am I, to blame Hollywood for their depiction of Thor and Loke. After all. The old gods are only a pictorial depiction on the human mind after all. And is all up to each others indevidual interpretation on how they look. Loke is like greed, lust and deception. Thor is the depiction of thunderstorm and Tyr is the litteral depiction of war.

Reply 4 of 18, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
brostenen wrote:

Naaa.... We have a slightly different view on how they look here in Denmark. Mainly due to this cartoon.

Small clip on Youtube, with English subtitles.

all I could think of was this cartoon: https://satwcomic.com/language-lesson

buckeye wrote:
brostenen wrote:

200px-The_Pirate_Bay_logo.svg.png

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 5 of 18, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
luckybob wrote:

all I could think of was this cartoon: https://satwcomic.com/language-lesson

It is so funny, because it is true... 🤣 🤣
One thing we have not let go since the Viking era, and that is drinking.

Reply 6 of 18, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I watched part of a pirated stream of it when I was visiting a friend the other day. It was alright, but I feel like I would've liked it a lot better if I had seen the other 20 or so MCU films.

I don't get how Captain America got to use Thor's hammer. Isn't Thor supposed to be the only person (technically god) who can use it?

Reply 7 of 18, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Satisfying conclusion. Much better than a lot of other conclusions and continuations of stories going on lately.

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

I don't get how Captain America got to use Thor's hammer. Isn't Thor supposed to be the only person (technically god) who can use it?

Whoever is worthy may wield the hammer. In Avengers 2 Age of Ultron all the Avengers were taking turns attempting to lift it and Captain America was the only one who barely managed to budge it. Anyway, the idea is that Captain America is so pure of heart and good and just that he was also worthy to wield it.

It does indeed help to watch the other 20 movies.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 8 of 18, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Cap being able to wield the hammer, yes, he is worthy, has always been - showing that his power is not just from the super soldier serum.
And Thor's exclamation "Ha, I knew it!" underlines this. Because when Steve first tried to pick up the hammer and just almost budged it? He was able to but didn't want to disappoint his friend.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 9 of 18, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

Thor is the only one (besides every other gods) that can lift Mjølner from the ground. A human can not do it. That is what the old legends and tales tell. Even if someone was able to lift it from the ground and throw it, then I guess then need Thors glove called "Larngreiper", else they too will be smashed into smitherines and or a bloody pulp when the hammer returns. And it always return, because it depends on who throws it. So I guess Captain america borrowed the glove too? No?

He actually lost it once. To a a devil/demon (Jætte) that went by the name Trym, and to retrieve it, thor dressed up as a drag queen, in order to marry Trym. The hammer was presented as the trophy of Trym at the wedding and once Thor saw it. He grabbed the hammer and bashed every Jætte's brains in. That is like real mobster style for ya'.

Last edited by brostenen on 2019-05-09, 12:05. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 10 of 18, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Pfff, Marvel Comics use their own made up Thor legends based on other legends. So no glove needed. If you want to insist about talking how this is wrong, let's make a new topic for that, right?

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 11 of 18, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Dominus wrote:

Pfff, Marvel Comics use their own made up Thor legends based on other legends. So no glove needed. If you want to insist about talking how this is wrong, let's make a new topic for that, right?

Aint saying Marvel is wrong. Only explaining how the old norse gods really are. You know. Putting things up against each other, so people can have a perspective.

Never ever said that Marvel is worng at using an old god. To me they can even use Jesus as a superhero. Yeah... I won't mind. Because I have no religion, faith, god nor gods. Would that not be something... You know... Black jesus that can walk on water as his superhero power, killing enemies with a wine glass. And it will be black Jesus, because of SJW in Hollywood these days.

Reply 12 of 18, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Blegh

Reply 13 of 18, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
brostenen wrote:
Dominus wrote:

Aint saying Marvel is wrong. Only explaining how the old norse gods really are. You know. Putting things up against each other, so people can have a perspective.

Never ever said that Marvel is worng at using an old god. To me they can even use Jesus as a superhero. Yeah... I won't mind. Because I have no religion, faith, god nor gods. Would that not be something... You know... Black jesus that can walk on water as his superhero power, killing enemies with a wine glass. And it will be black Jesus, because of SJW in Hollywood these days.

If they wanted to be historically accurate AND appeal to the SJWs, they could give Jesus olive-colored skin.

Reply 14 of 18, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Continuing on with the topic, what's with Disney starting this trend of "neutering" Marvel's strongest heroes? Maybe I'm out of touch but do the comics these days depict Captain Marvel more powerful than Hulk or Thor? Whatever's going on with Disney I think their direction is a mistake along the lines of their Star Wars mishaps. Anyone have other observations?

Reply 15 of 18, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

It's only a mistake from a certain point of view. Financially it is a success. And somehow making Captain Marvel that powerful is not neutering a hero...
Also, this is the MCU, not the 616 Marvel universe. Other rules apply.

Reply 16 of 18, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dominus wrote:

It's only a mistake from a certain point of view. Financially it is a success. And somehow making Captain Marvel that powerful is not neutering a hero...
Also, this is the MCU, not the 616 Marvel universe. Other rules apply.

What I meant by neutering was they made the Hulk out to be "professor dweeb" and Thor "bad santa". It was funny but rather see them kick some butt, don't know
what the Marvel 616 universe is but I'll check it out.

Reply 17 of 18, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

If you didn't see Thor kick some ass, you watched a different movie. And Hulk also made such transformations in the conics.
616 is the normal Marvel comics universe.

Reply 18 of 18, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dominus wrote:

If you didn't see Thor kick some ass, you watched a different movie. And Hulk also made such transformations in the conics.
616 is the normal Marvel comics universe.

Maybe I fell asleep during that part 🤣

I'll probably watch it again when it comes on redbox, that way I can turn the subtitles on (I'm partially deaf) maybe
a lot of it will make more sense.