VOGONS

First post, by retropol

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a mouse with MALE dsub9 plug. Very strange configuration - to what computer it is?

I found an old auction from ebay, where the interface cable is included. Still not knowing what is the sense of it?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Naksha-Mouse-amp-P … =p2047675.l2557

any thougths?

Reply 1 of 4, by retardware

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I guess, some OEM Genius mouse for Amiga.

The mouse, the pad and the mouse holder (it came with dual-sided adhesive foam, to be attached at the monitor) look exactly like late serial Genius ball mouse.
Just another printing (still in the Genius style) and an additional adapter cable.

Definitely a better alternative to an urine-looking common sore rodent.

Reply 3 of 4, by torindkflt

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Amiga and PC mice are not compatible. Depending on which pins are used for power, connecting the wrong mouse to the wrong computer would at best mean it simply doesn't work, or at worst damage the mouse or even the computer itself.

Reply 4 of 4, by retardware

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
torindkflt wrote:

Amiga and PC mice are not compatible. Depending on which pins are used for power, connecting the wrong mouse to the wrong computer would at best mean it simply doesn't work, or at worst damage the mouse or even the computer itself.

Amiga-PC mouse adapter with reversed connector polarity to avoid the PC mouse damaging the computer?