VOGONS

WIP versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 1062 of 1111, by Squall Leonhart

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:
Squall Leonhart wrote:
Driver crash in Guildwars 2 when panning the camera around the norn starting area, doesn't occur with native dx9 doesn't occur w […]
Show full quote

Driver crash in Guildwars 2 when panning the camera around the norn starting area,
doesn't occur with native dx9
doesn't occur with D9VK.

Here I am facing the area in particular with D9VK that i cannot pan about to without the TDR tripping
It's probably a shader entering an inescapable loop.

I checked it out but couldn't reproduce the problem. A specific place/scene is needed in the game, or it's a general problem?
Btw, what gpu do you have?

GTX 1080, reference clocks, just at the Horncall waypoint

if i load in facing up towards the waypoint and continue walking, no TDR
unknown.png

If i turn around to look this way
unknown.png

The driver crashes,

I initially assumed it might be the smoke shader, but it has since occured to me that Guild Wars 2 has literally zero occlusion culling so anything that's not even on screen could be a trigger at max settings.

Panning around with D3D9 native and D9VK poses no such problems.
Could be a fault in nvidia's DX11 compiler, so that's my next place to go nagging.

Reply 1064 of 1111, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Shade: Wrath of Angels benefits a lot from resolution forcing for two reasons. First the health/mana bar doesn't scale to higher resolutions, second when screen effects are used the game renders internally at a lower resolution. dgVoodoo fixes both of these issues and I can't see any obvious problems:

SHADE 2019-06-16 20-25-49-92.jpg
Filename
File size
818.72 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

There is however one problem, that happens regardless of if resolution is forced or not, if you zoom into the sword this happens:

SHADE 2019-06-16 20-24-24-21.jpg
Filename
File size
775.6 KiB
Views
File license

Natively this isn't a problem. Good luck if you want to fix it as you first get the sword at the end of a really long tutorial you can't save in.

Reply 1067 of 1111, by Wastelander121

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Tested some Resident Evil games:
4 seems to be perfect as far as I can tell, not tested it much though.
5 gives an error and crashes on boot.
6 has problems with lighting/bloom on some objects, especially around the edges.

Attachments

• 20190618031557_1.jpg
    Filename
    20190618031557_1.jpg
    File size
    397.58 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 1068 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have a new WIP:
=========================
WIP62:
=========================

- Various D3D9 fixings, I don't want to detail them here
(Nikita SP, Darksiders II, Injustice, Dead Space, Time Shift)
- D3D9 sampler bug, fixed (textures with wrong UV textures, I encountered that in several games)

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP62.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP62_dbg.zip

I intend this one to be the last WIP version before releasing the new dgVoodoo version.
It's because of, unfortunately, I'm not going to have much time for dgVoodoo in the near future. 🙁

Reply 1069 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Squall Leonhart wrote:
GTX 1080, reference clocks, just at the Horncall waypoint […]
Show full quote

GTX 1080, reference clocks, just at the Horncall waypoint

The driver crashes,

I initially assumed it might be the smoke shader, but it has since occured to me that Guild Wars 2 has literally zero occlusion culling so anything that's not even on screen could be a trigger at max settings.

Panning around with D3D9 native and D9VK poses no such problems.
Could be a fault in nvidia's DX11 compiler, so that's my next place to go nagging.

Or more probably a bug in dgVoodoo's shader code generator (although I never experienced a driver crash with wrong shader code, instead, the rasterization simply didn't run (nvidia driver)).
Unfortunately I cannot get to the place in question ingame. I only managed to explore the tutorial levels.

lowenz wrote:

War in the North ( https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Lord_of_the … ar_in_the_North ) crashing @start

Dege, this old pixellated shadows issue can be solved through dgVoodoo2 or is an hard limit of the engine that can't be overcome?

Well, I don't know. It depends on the game. It can be a simple texturing with point sampled filter or a more complex situation, like calculating the shadow casted pixels in the pixel shader.
Dead Space is a good example for the latter case. Shadows look different on all platforms I tried because the pixel shader in question isn't fully compliant to the D3D9 texture sampling specification.

ZellSF wrote:
Shade: Wrath of Angels benefits a lot from resolution forcing for two reasons. First the health/mana bar doesn't scale to higher […]
Show full quote

Shade: Wrath of Angels benefits a lot from resolution forcing for two reasons. First the health/mana bar doesn't scale to higher resolutions, second when screen effects are used the game renders internally at a lower resolution. dgVoodoo fixes both of these issues and I can't see any obvious problems:

There is however one problem, that happens regardless of if resolution is forced or not, if you zoom into the sword this happens:

Natively this isn't a problem. Good luck if you want to fix it as you first get the sword at the end of a really long tutorial you can't save in.

Nice catch, thx for that! Fortunately I managed to struggle through the tutorial and fix it. 😀

lowenz wrote:

UV mapping fault?
The texture is stretched all over the surface plane.....

It was wrong sampling filter applied, that should be fixed in the latest WIP. I didn't tested Dishonour though, so the problem may still be present there.

lowenz wrote:

First level got the same issue (it's SM3 related, there's no doubt on that....but why I can enable all the options with SM2 too?)
*Excessive specular
*Silhouetting

Turned out to be SM1.x... 😁

Arkblade wrote:
Artificial Academy 2 are completely broken rendered. […]
Show full quote

Artificial Academy 2 are completely broken rendered.

20190612212515_1.jpg

version: WIP61

in newer win10, at the moment there is no way to run this game on hardware render ......
It can not do normal rendering(not using dgVoodoo2), and causes intense lag. due to window's DX changes on win10.

Well, yeah, it's broken because this game uses shaders that are beyond the supported capabilities of D3D9 (both natively and dgVoodoo).
I did a little modification to support it (and it worked) but later I removed it because it caused performance loss in general. 🙁 I was thinking on what to do with it.
Maybe this game was written on an old hardware that supported the requirements so the needed feature could be tied to an old card like GF 5700.

Reply 1073 of 1111, by Squall Leonhart

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:

Or more probably a bug in dgVoodoo's shader code generator (although I never experienced a driver crash with wrong shader code, instead, the rasterization simply didn't run (nvidia driver)).
Unfortunately I cannot get to the place in question ingame. I only managed to explore the tutorial levels.

If you select the Norn race (third from left) you will start in the immediate area of my screenshots, its an instanced version of it though.

gw025.jpg

Reply 1074 of 1111, by Squall Leonhart

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Arkblade wrote:
Artificial Academy 2 are completely broken rendered. […]
Show full quote

Artificial Academy 2 are completely broken rendered.

20190612212515_1.jpg

version: WIP61

in newer win10, at the moment there is no way to run this game on hardware render ......
It can not do normal rendering(not using dgVoodoo2), and causes intense lag. due to window's DX changes on win10.

Um, thats not true, you can just drop the d3d9.dll from 10586 into the AA2 folder.

===
A: This is a result of an update to the DirectX9 3D DLL. The workaround is to replace d3d9.dll in the game installation directory with the previous working version in C:\windows\syswow64\d3d9.dll (provided you have not deleted it, system32 on 32-bit machines). If you use a subtitle mod (which also requires its own d3d9.dll in the game directory), put your previous d3d9.dll next to it under the name "d3d9_alt.dll". The subtitle mod will detect it and use it in place of the one in the system folder. For more information, go here.
===

You can get the dll needed from http://www.illusion.jp/support/windows10.html

Reply 1075 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Squall Leonhart wrote:
Dege wrote:

If you select the Norn race (third from left) you will start in the immediate area of my screenshots, its an instanced version of it though.

I tried it but still didn't encounter any problem (GF GTX 1060). Weird.

ZellSF wrote:

Raiden III still doesn't render the correct color when enemies are hit.

I fixed Raiden III hit-highlight color and Strania menu text.

lowenz wrote:
Dege wrote:

Turned out to be SM1.x... 😁

?

The rendering technique used when SM3 is set in the game contains a step (or more) that runs on ps1.x shader(s).

willow wrote:

forced resolution is broken even with wip61 with So blonde.

I don't know if you have this game but a demo is avalaible here : https://www.chip.de/downloads/Demo-So-Blonde_31243145.html

I had a look at it. The scaling is not broken because of dgVoodoo. Resolution doesn't need to be forced, it's enough to set scaling mode 'Stretched, keep aspect ratio' and it gets broken.
This game is probably one of the ones where the rendering viewport is based on the physical game window size. Since it's larger than expected by the game, the viewport is proportionally scaled up which breaks the rendering.

Reply 1076 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote:
The depth buffer. In D3D9 ReShade can access it. Wrapped to D3D11 there's no more access. Example in TimeShift. […]
Show full quote

The depth buffer.
In D3D9 ReShade can access it.
Wrapped to D3D11 there's no more access.
Example in TimeShift.

In original D3D9 game ReShade can access the depth buffer with no issue.
In dgV2 wrapped game ReShade can access the depth buffer but....it has another resolution (1/4, MXAO applied by me) 😁

What happens when no resolution is forced and scaling mode is set to 'unspecified'?
If resolution is forced then color and depth buffers have different sizes when Present is called.
I guess this is the source of the 'depth buffer not available' problem in ReShade. 😖

Reply 1077 of 1111, by willow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:
willow wrote:

forced resolution is broken even with wip61 with So blonde.

I don't know if you have this game but a demo is avalaible here : https://www.chip.de/downloads/Demo-So-Blonde_31243145.html

I had a look at it. The scaling is not broken because of dgVoodoo. Resolution doesn't need to be forced, it's enough to set scaling mode 'Stretched, keep aspect ratio' and it gets broken.
This game is probably one of the ones where the rendering viewport is based on the physical game window size. Since it's larger than expected by the game, the viewport is proportionally scaled up which breaks the rendering.

Thanks.
There is not any solution, isn'it?

Reply 1079 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
willow wrote:

Thanks.
There is not any solution, isn'it?

Maybe patching the game... I'll see it.
Update: forced resolution works if you launch the game in forced windowed mode and go to fullscreen by Alt-Enter.
I guess this is because the window size is queried right at the game startup, at which point it still is the original and only set to the forced resolution size a bit later.

antrad wrote:

I guess when I wrote Area-51 had problems with rendering order it must been limited to old Intel graphics, because now that my AMD GPU works again the game seems to render fine.

Oh, yes, I forgot about it, but I tried it both on my GF and Intel 530. Neither of them had any rendering problems.