VOGONS

First post, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Raiden III needs GeForce4 Ti 4800 Videocard setting (seems to be wrong). Resolution forcing works, anti-aliasing works, texture filtering causes two distracting black lines in the middle of the image. I can't get the latest versions available of GOG or Steam to work, however the original asian retail version and the Type X version works fine. Dege says he got a GOG version working too, I'm sort of curious which version that was.

raideniii.jpg
Filename
raideniii.jpg
File size
715.71 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Raiden IV also works fine. Resolution forcing, anti-aliasing and texture filtering all seem to work. Obviously, only the original Type X version works and not the Raiden IV: Overkill re-release as that's OpenGL. Seems to not work on Intel GPUs. Is also much more of a pain to get running than Raiden III.

raideniv.jpg
Filename
raideniv.jpg
File size
578.75 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by ZellSF on 2020-09-19, 19:22. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 1 of 9, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ZellSF wrote:

Dege says he got a GOG version working too, I'm sort of curious which version that was.

I had a look at Raiden 3 again (GOG version) and it turned out that I patched the exe last year (to be able to work on rendering errors) but I didn't remember it. 😁
GOG version indeed crashes at entering a new game. The game checks D3D9 caps, if the device supports vertex blending with indexed matrices then it doesn't create some D3DX effect objects ( 😕 why?) and later crashes on a NULL ptr. dgVoodoo supports indexed matrices while a native device does not.

Reply 7 of 9, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ZellSF wrote on 2021-02-16, 16:17:

Maybe upload a patcher, rather than the modified executable, if you're worried about copyright?

How about letting GOG know and possibly getting them to update the version the have for sale, assuming Dege is OK with that?

Reply 9 of 9, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ZellSF wrote on 2021-02-16, 17:14:

Contacting GOG and getting them to update games sounds about as optimistic as sending bug reports to AMD, Microsoft or Nvidia.

Well, at the very least, their knowledge base does reference a multitude of unofficial patches :

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/search ... roduct=gog

I agree that actually getting them to distribute a patched version might be harder, especially since I imagine that the rights holder would need to vet it first .