Topic actions

Reply 29500 of 52618, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
blurks wrote:
Artex wrote:

Creative CT6200 (3D Blaster VLB) 2MB (New, Unsealed) (1995)

blurks wrote:

That was the one from hard1k. I'm going to laugh so hard at the one who spent 5k on this beat up box... 🤣

Admittedly it looks better in your pictures. eBay really made it look like a f**king wreck.

Not the one from Hard1K. US Seller.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Creative-labs-CT6200 … OX/183875515942

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 29501 of 52618, by MMaximus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Bought this NOS case for a reasonable price on ebay. It seems to be a clone of the Chieftec Dragon - I used to have a grey model in the early 2000's and remember it being really heavy. This one might be a bit lighter, but overall I'm really pleased with the quality. The materials, fit and finish are all decent. TBH I wasn't expecting such a nice case for the price... I'm looking forward to using it for a build soon.

oOBkPXfl.jpg

Hard Disk Sounds

Reply 29502 of 52618, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Artex wrote:

I don't think I've ever seen NV1 in a VLB form factor. Not sure if this combo exists tbh. Article may be incorrect.

That article is just about the specs for the GPU, which has a VLB interface (many GPUs at that time had that, like the Trident TGUI 94xx, most S3 GPUs up to the ViRGE etc.). It doesn't mean that the GPU was ever used on a VLB card.

Reply 29503 of 52618, by Vynix

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just scored an Dell AT102W (actually I bought it a few weeks earlier but it only arrived yesterday :p), my first mechanical keyboard 🤣 (I like the feel of the Black SKCM Alps):

ndm767j5dfb31.jpg
Filename
ndm767j5dfb31.jpg
File size
1005.76 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Probably by far the heaviest and sturdiest keyboard I ever had, I actually got it NIB (some guy in London has a stockpile of these, I paid about 60 euros for this one 😵)

Proud owner of a Shuttle HOT-555A 430VX motherboard and two wonderful retro laptops, namely a Compaq Armada 1700 [nonfunctional] and a HP Omnibook XE3-GC [fully working :p]

Reply 29504 of 52618, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
blurks wrote:
blurks wrote:

That was the one from hard1k. I'm going to laugh so hard at the one who spent 5k on this beat up box... 🤣

Making a jerk comment and then doubling down by quoting yourself - classic.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 29505 of 52618, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
MMaximus wrote:
Bought this NOS case for a reasonable price on ebay. It seems to be a clone of the Chieftec Dragon - I used to have a grey model […]
Show full quote

Bought this NOS case for a reasonable price on ebay. It seems to be a clone of the Chieftec Dragon - I used to have a grey model in the early 2000's and remember it being really heavy. This one might be a bit lighter, but overall I'm really pleased with the quality. The materials, fit and finish are all decent. TBH I wasn't expecting such a nice case for the price... I'm looking forward to using it for a build soon.

oOBkPXfl.jpg

Huh. I have a case similar to that and the locks were seized. I took both of them off and took the 1 from the other case I bought for $5 for the front panel.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 29506 of 52618, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
derSammler wrote:
Artex wrote:

I don't think I've ever seen NV1 in a VLB form factor. Not sure if this combo exists tbh. Article may be incorrect.

That article is just about the specs for the GPU, which has a VLB interface (many GPUs at that time had that, like the Trident TGUI 94xx, most S3 GPUs up to the ViRGE etc.). It doesn't mean that the GPU was ever used on a VLB card.

Ahh! Got it - thanks for clarifying!

LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 29507 of 52618, by dicky96

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Found a nice clean Hercules 3D Prophet II GTS 64Mb AGP card at the car boot this weekend. The guy wanted 1.50euro for it but I got it for 1 euro! I tried it and it gives a picture. I've not tried loading any drivers yet but I expect it works fine. That's a Geforce 2 GTS apparently. Looking on ebay they seem quite scarce so I'm well pleased with the find 😀

Also another guy had a original boxed/packaging Amiga 500 but missing the PSU and modulator and the casing/keyboard was really quite discoloured. He wanted 50 euros for it though i suspect I could have got it for about 25-30 euros but being discoloured and the missing PSU plus unknown condition I didn't try to buy it. Maybe I should have done.

Rich

Reply 29508 of 52618, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
MMaximus wrote:
Bought this NOS case for a reasonable price on ebay. It seems to be a clone of the Chieftec Dragon - I used to have a grey model […]
Show full quote

oOBkPXfl.jpg

You can also find Ultra Wizard cases on eBay... they're similar in design but smaller. Still ATX though

HP Z420 Workstation Intel Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, RADEON HD7850 2GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
ws90Ts2.gif

Reply 29509 of 52618, by bestemor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Artex wrote:

Aaah..... now I get it !
So THIS is what happens to all those

This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.

auctions I keep seeing ! The listing has been hacked ("error") by Artex 😁

Reply 29510 of 52618, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

got a box full of old hardware today 😀
bunch of generic soundcards, sb live, vibra, old gpus etc.
some stood out:

low-end-ish? 486-VC-H board with DX33, but no battery so no damage apart from 2 springs missing on the simms, the ram on top refuses to stay in place ^^

hardware10.jpg
Filename
hardware10.jpg
File size
240.98 KiB
Views
File license

I'm fond of old gpus

hardware11.jpg
Filename
hardware11.jpg
File size
204.5 KiB
Views
File license

and especially these two

hardware12.jpg
Filename
hardware12.jpg
File size
204.19 KiB
Views
File license
Last edited by imi on 2019-07-22, 16:18. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 29512 of 52618, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
bestemor wrote:
Aaah..... now I get it ! So THIS is what happens to all those […]
Show full quote
Artex wrote:

Aaah..... now I get it !
So THIS is what happens to all those

This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.

auctions I keep seeing ! The listing has been hacked ("error") by Artex 😁

It's called "Artexing.." 😎

LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 29513 of 52618, by Grzyb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
imi wrote:

I'm fond of old gpus

Nice, an S3 911 accelerator, possibly with VRAM...
and wow, a Spea Graphiti based on HD63484 ACRTC, a high-end card from the pre-TIGA era...
have fun running these!

Żywotwór planetarny, jego gnijące błoto, jest świtem egzystencji, fazą wstępną, i wyłoni się z krwawych ciastomózgowych miedź miłująca...

Reply 29514 of 52618, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

thanks, it's especially nice since I didn't even know exactly what was in there, the sellers picture was quite low resolution and just showed everything together, but I recognized the voodoo 3 from a bunch of pixels and thought it was worth it just for that, only now when I was looking up the cards I noticed what gems I got again 😀

I'm still pretty new to this, so I'm always happy when I find something like these.

Reply 29515 of 52618, by respect2759

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
imi wrote:
got a box full of old hardware today :) bunch of generic soundcards, sb live, vibra, old gpus etc. some stood out: […]
Show full quote

got a box full of old hardware today 😀
bunch of generic soundcards, sb live, vibra, old gpus etc.
some stood out:

low-end-ish? 486-VC-H board with DX33, but no battery so no damage apart from 2 springs missing on the simms, the ram on top refuses to stay in place ^^

I like boards with those Dallas baterries, easier to replace or mod than repair a leaked Varta

Soyo 019R1 AM386DX 40MHz, 8Mb ram, 512Kb Trident 9000 Graphics
S26361-D756-X Intel i486DX 33MHz, 4Mb ram, 512Kb - 1Mb graphics on board

Reply 29516 of 52618, by mpe

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Pentium 100 MHz gold cap. These are quite rare now.

DSC_2008.jpg
Filename
DSC_2008.jpg
File size
820.23 KiB
Views
File license

Blog|NexGen 586|S4

Reply 29517 of 52618, by SEGamer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was so close to bidding on that 3D Blaster but funds were low. All I need is the box to scan for my archive.

Got another STB Soundrage sound card in the mail today. This one is odd with what I believe to be a RAM slot. Already have the more common version without it.

Seller's pic:

s-l1600.jpg
Filename
s-l1600.jpg
File size
281.79 KiB
Views
File license

NintendoAge | VCFed

Reply 29518 of 52618, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SEGamer wrote:
I was so close to bidding on that 3D Blaster but funds were low. All I need is the box to scan for my archive. […]
Show full quote

I was so close to bidding on that 3D Blaster but funds were low. All I need is the box to scan for my archive.

Got another STB Soundrage sound card in the mail today. This one is odd with what I believe to be a RAM slot. Already have the more common version without it.

Seller's pic:

s-l1600.jpg

Nice. Saved the picture in case I ever want to mod the Soundrage I have.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 29519 of 52618, by Grzyb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

GUS PnP clone, but with only 1 MB RAM max?

Żywotwór planetarny, jego gnijące błoto, jest świtem egzystencji, fazą wstępną, i wyłoni się z krwawych ciastomózgowych miedź miłująca...