VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DjLc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,

Before Dune's game (Cryo Interactive), there's a non-interactive demo wich i've found on the bbs a very long time ago. It was also given with the drivers disks from the Covox Master Sound Plus bundle. Unfortunately, my floppy disk is dead and i can't re-watching it over and over. The demo was featured the Adlib music through the actual intro of the game and random screens from the game. BUT, in this demo, Paul Atreid isn't designed from the movie actor Kyle Mc L. He was represented completely different. I hope someone here still got this demo somewhere.
Thanks.

Reply 5 of 10, by xcomcmdr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I assume it's the same as this one (available since... a lot of years on <some french retro website>) :

Attachments

• Filename
    dunedemo.zip
    File size
    530.59 KiB
    Downloads
    67 downloads
    File comment
    old dune demo
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 6 of 10, by Beegle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Threads like these make my day. Glad you finally found it!
I think H.C. lended me some floppies with the demo on it. I'll check which version of Paul is inside.

The more sound cards, the better.
AdLib documentary : Official Thread
Youtube Channel : The Sound Card Database

Reply 8 of 10, by DjLc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thx for yours replies. I couldn't find it in 2008. I've kept searching until mid 2010 and moved on something else. Few months ago i've decided to restart my old DOS machine and play Dune and then i did another search and boom here it is on several differents locations. Patience is really mother of all virtues 😀

Reply 10 of 10, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Congrats! Never give up the ancient file vigilance.

I know how it feels when i've spent 20 years to find one particular elusive not-mirrored-anywhere desktop theme that existed on the internet in the brief time window between February and May 1997.

apsosig.png
long live PCem