VOGONS

Peixoto's patches for a few old games

Topic actions

Reply 600 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
BladeDarkeden wrote:

Hello. The new patch has resolved my previous issue with Tomb Raiders 2 and 3. But now new problems have taken place. In Tomb Raider 2, I'm using the Upscaled FMV's and for some reason, all I get is a black screen. The audio from the FMV's still play, but I can't see anything. Using Non-Exclusive Fullscreen doesn't resolve this issue either. Everything else works as expected. As for Tomb Raider 3, there's this line on the Main Menu Screen as well as the loading screens that won't go away, no matter what settings I use. I've attached an image to showcase this issue. Also, I'm using the DXT5 Compressed Textures and it's behaving really odd. For example, I'll start a new game and the textures will load just fine, but if I go back out to the main menu and either start a new game, or load Lara's Home, it'll switch back to the vanilla textures and they won't revert back to the new ones until I restart the game. I've tried different settings on the patch and nothings worked so far. And sometimes black box will pop up either on the loading screens or in the levels itself when the new textures are working. It doesn't happen often probably because the new textures get replaced by the old ones before they can start popping up. I thought I'd let you know about these issues and see what you could come up with that I couldn't. Thanks again for you hard work on this patch!

For the FMVs, i will have to write another player, because DirectShow is not very reliable. However you can try to disable the nvidia overlay or this: Peixoto's patches for a few old games

Textures: A lot has changed after i merged the handling of DirectX 6 and earlier, so a few bugs are to be expected. I'll see if a can reproduce and fix it

The line depends on you desktop resolution and the resolution you configure the game, but most of the time it can be fixed by using the 'Half pixel offset' option

Edit: i can't reproduce the textures bug, maybe you're running out of video memory, or maybe is the OS. The latest changes might have broken anything but win 10

Reply 602 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Bruce86 wrote:
Bruce86 wrote:

Hi, why does Windows Defender say there's a virus?

Is the file safe?

Can I have an answer? Thank you 😀

If i had written a malicious software, would i confess it is malicious ???

There is only one answer i can give you.

Reply 603 of 890, by TheTombRaider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Bruce86 wrote:
Bruce86 wrote:

Hi, why does Windows Defender say there's a virus?

Is the file safe?

Can I have an answer? Thank you 😀

Yeah its safe. All of the detections on Virustotal and Metadefender are false positives.

Virustotal: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/b94e07baf … ac8a5/detection

Virustotal Behavior Analysis: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/b94e07baf … /Tencent%20HABO

Metadefender: https://metadefender.opswat.com/results#!/fil … gular/multiscan

Here is a detailed analysis of the program that tells everything it does from Hybrid Analysis: https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/sample/b94e07 … 402e97323aac8a5

More details from Hybrid Analysis: https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/sample/b94e07 … 38838e95b7b23ce

You know it is not a Trojan dropper because no malicious code was run and no Trojans were dropped in the analysis. Hybrid Analysis runs the program in a virtual machine and records everything it does and it only labels it as malicious because of the false positives from Virustotal and Metadefender. So yeah they are all false positive detections. They are caused by the compiler used that mirrors some virus defintions. But no malicious code was found in the analysis, so you can relax and enjoy the patches! 😎

"A famous explorer once said, that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are. I’d finally set out to make my mark; to find adventure. But instead adventure found me. Everything lost is meant to be found."
--Lara Croft

Reply 604 of 890, by TheTombRaider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have only one problem with the patch. For some reason the DirectInput to Xinput in the input tab doesn't work. I have a Xinput controller but it doesn't detect it for some reason. I guess I could use the keyboard to Xinput emulation but I would like to avoid that if I can. Any idea why the DirectInput to Xinput isn't working? Also how do you combine texture packs? I wanted to use the HD Tomb Raider 3 Remaster texture pack: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=221658

With the 4K upscale texture pack: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=222336

But they don't seem to work together. Is there any way to merge the texture packs together? I think the problem is the dump files are not compatible.

"A famous explorer once said, that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are. I’d finally set out to make my mark; to find adventure. But instead adventure found me. Everything lost is meant to be found."
--Lara Croft

Reply 605 of 890, by Anaxenomun

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Good day lover of the old TR. Faced such a problem in the screensavers black stripes. They are clearly visible if you greatly increase the picture itself. Is there a method of dealing with this garbage?
https://fastpic.ru/view/89/2019/0824/5d8d0ef2 … 917ec3.png.html
https://fastpic.ru/view/89/2019/0824/7610b059 … 50dabe.png.html 🙁

I also tried to launch TR III with the old and new Peixoto patch my STEAM release but I play a game without STEAM. The game is not working properly. HD textures do not work at all. Does anyone have a simple step-by-step instruction on how to make the game work with the Peixoto patch and HD textures? The instructions from this site http://www.tombraider3hd.pixeldigitalarts.com/instructions/ did not help me.

Reply 607 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
TheTombRaider wrote:

I have only one problem with the patch. For some reason the DirectInput to Xinput in the input tab doesn't work. I have a Xinput controller but it doesn't detect it for some reason. I guess I could use the keyboard to Xinput emulation but I would like to avoid that if I can. Any idea why the DirectInput to Xinput isn't working? Also how do you combine texture packs? I wanted to use the HD Tomb Raider 3 Remaster texture pack: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=221658

With the 4K upscale texture pack: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=222336

But they don't seem to work together. Is there any way to merge the texture packs together? I think the problem is the dump files are not compatible.

Post your error.logo please. To merge 2 texture packs you will have to pick each dump\replacement pair you want from each pack and make another pack.

Anaxenomun wrote:

Good day lover of the old TR. Faced such a problem in the screensavers black stripes. They are clearly visible if you greatly increase the picture itself. Is there a method of dealing with this garbage?
https://fastpic.ru/view/89/2019/0824/5d8d0ef2 … 917ec3.png.html
https://fastpic.ru/view/89/2019/0824/7610b059 … 50dabe.png.html 🙁

Try updating directx, there is a link in the readme.txt. And post your error.log contents

I also tried to launch TR III with the old and new Peixoto patch my STEAM release but I play a game without STEAM. The game is not working properly. HD textures do not work at all. Does anyone have a simple step-by-step instruction on how to make the game work with the Peixoto patch and HD textures? The instructions from this site http://www.tombraider3hd.pixeldigitalarts.com/instructions/ did not help me.[/quote]

Post your error.log contents

Anaxenomun wrote:

How to install these costumes in the game? Do you happen to know? There are no instructions at all.
http://www.core-design.com/community_tr ... dings.html

Read the help.exe carefully

Reply 608 of 890, by Anaxenomun

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Alas, I do not know English very well.

Managing Mods
There is a small community that over the years have created simple mods and reskins for the games, which you can download from here. Note that some mods might conflict with the iOS textures With this patch, you can install and manage mods for the game with no need to move files arround and overwrite the game's files. The process is very simple

Start the game using the patch, so the directory C:\Users\Anaxenomun\Documents\games\Tomb Raider\TR3\mods will be created, if it doesn't alreay exists

For each mod you wish to install, create one folder inside that directory and copy all the files of each mod to its respective folder

Refresh this page and now you should see a list of all installed mods bellow. Check the ones you want active and play. The game's files wont be modified and the mods will only be active when you start the game with the patch

This is all that is written there.
This method is not suitable as there is a certain program in the installation of the costume mod with the help of which TRViewer1083rev5b.exe needs to be done and no one has written how to use it.
http://www.core-design.com/community_modding_tr3.html
There is not any information on this subject as in the read me file.

Reply 609 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Anaxenomun wrote:
Alas, I do not know English very well. […]
Show full quote

Alas, I do not know English very well.

Managing Mods
There is a small community that over the years have created simple mods and reskins for the games, which you can download from here. Note that some mods might conflict with the iOS textures With this patch, you can install and manage mods for the game with no need to move files arround and overwrite the game's files. The process is very simple

Start the game using the patch, so the directory C:\Users\Anaxenomun\Documents\games\Tomb Raider\TR3\mods will be created, if it doesn't alreay exists

For each mod you wish to install, create one folder inside that directory and copy all the files of each mod to its respective folder

Refresh this page and now you should see a list of all installed mods bellow. Check the ones you want active and play. The game's files wont be modified and the mods will only be active when you start the game with the patch

This is all that is written there.
This method is not suitable as there is a certain program in the installation of the costume mod with the help of which TRViewer1083rev5b.exe needs to be done and no one has written how to use it.
http://www.core-design.com/community_modding_tr3.html
There is not any information on this subject as in the read me file.

Read the 'Texture swapping' section on the 'Home' page

Reply 610 of 890, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
TheTombRaider wrote:

So yeah they are all false positive detections. They are caused by the compiler used that mirrors some virus defintions. But no malicious code was found in the analysis, so you can relax and enjoy the patches! 😎

We have this issue with some of the 3D API wrappers hosted on vogonsdrivers, because some of the wrappers use hooks and injection to work their magic, which is behaviour ALSO exhibited by viruses, our old hosting company constantly flagged files as malicious and deleted them.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 611 of 890, by Anaxenomun

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Texture swapping
Textures swapping is a feature that allows the replacement of the textures in a game with new textures that have no restrictions in size other then the maximum size supported by the video card - at least 4096x4096 in Direc3D9 shader model 3.0 and newer cards. In all supported games, even those whose engines only support 16 bit 256x256 textures - as it happens is most early Direct3D games - it is possible to swap the original textures with high resolution textures

This feature is refered to as texture swapping because the original textures within the game's files are never modified. The patches just tell Direct3D - or OpenGl- to use a replacement texture, instead or the original, for rendering. On the next few paragraphs you will find a tutorial on how to use this feature that applies to all games supported

Swapping a texture requires you to dump that texture to disk while the game is running and then paste the image you want to use as the replacement in the right location. Before following this tutorial, you should click the game you want to modify in the list on the left and inspect how the texture swapping options are configured. This configuration is individual for each game. The texture swapping options are the following:

Show\Hide Thumbnail - A hotkey that show or hides a thumbnail in the top left
corner of the screen with one of the textures currently
loaded, you will use this to search for the texture you
want to dump. Hold this when you start the game to have
search activated at start
Change text color - A hotkey that changes the color of the text shown bellow
the thumbnail, which informs how many textures are loaded,
which is being showed in the thumbnail and which API the
games uses
Next - A hotkey to select the next texture
Previous - A hotkey to select the previous texture
Fast Browsing - A hotkey to hold together with the Next or Previous
hotkeys to browse textures more quickly
Dump Texture - A hotkey to dump the current texture to disk
Path - A directory there will contain two folders. The dumps
folder, which is where the patch will dump textures to,
and the replacements folder, where the replacements
should be placed
Dumping textures

Start the game then press the Show\Hide Thumbnail hotkey during gameplay. Now you will see a thumbnail (whose size can be customized in the texture swapping options) in the top left corner of the screen with one of the textures currently loaded. The texture in the thumbnail is also disabled in the game, except on DirectX 3 and earlier

Use the Next and Previous hotkeys to browse all currently loaded textures (hold the Fast Browsing hotkey to browse them more quickly). When you find a texture you want to modify, press the Dump Texture hotkey to dump that texture to disk

Textures will be dumped to a folder called Dumps in the path specified in Path option. e.g.: if the path is
"c:\some folder\some game", the textures will be dumped to "c:\some folder\some game\dumps". That folder is always automatically created by the program

Textures will be dumped in the .dds format and named dump0.dds, dump1.dds and so on. You should not modify texture dumps, but you can rename them if you like

Installing the replacement texture

To finally replace a texture, all you have to do is to place a replacement image with the right format and name in the right location

In the example above, the path option was configured as "c:\some folder\some game", so the replacements should be installed in "c:\some folder\some game\replacements"

A replacement file replaces a dump with the same name as it, so if you dumped a texture and renamed it to somename.dds, the replacement should also be called somename.dds, but it should be installed in the replacements folder, while the dump must remain in the dumps folder

Format of the replacement texture

Replacement textures must also be in the .dds file format. The recommended pixel format for all games is DXT5, but remember that textures in compressed DXTn formats must have sizes that are integer multiples of 4. Even if some programs can create DXTn files with different sizes, those won't be loaded

To get arround this limitation or if you want the best possible quality, use the A8R8G8B8 format for Direct3D games and A8B8G8R8 for OpenGl

If you want small files, use the DXT1 format, but note that this format doesn't support partial transparency

On Direct3D 7 and earlier, you will frequently find textures with transparency, but no alpha channel. These textures use chroma keying. For these textures, create replacements preferably in the X8R8G8B8 format - R5G6B5 and X1R5G5B5 will also work. The replacement texture will inherit the color key of the original texture

Mipmaps are supported in all formats but note that mipmapped textures on DirectX 7 and earlier must have power of two dimensions

Distributing textures

If you want to distribute textures you have created, you can use use the texture compiler program - which can be found on the top of the games list to the left - to merge all texture dumps into a single file, dump._dds. You can distribute only dump._dds without need to distribute the original dumps. The replacements, obviously, must be distributed

Tons of text, without any meaning. Is it really so difficult to write in a nutshell what exactly needs to be done, Without all these troubles? 🙁

Reply 612 of 890, by Anaxenomun

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

As far as I understand, the creator of the Peixoto patch. If you are still developing it, you can add a new function to RE2 regular and Sourcenext FMV scale
Controls the size of the FMVs? She is very lacking there. It would also be nice to add Urban Chaos and The Fifth Element with a resolution fix to the list of games. Can I add various permissions to the patch itself? Forced resolution is final, but I would also like to set the necessary resolution myself.

Reply 614 of 890, by TheTombRaider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote:

Post your error.logo please. To merge 2 texture packs you will have to pick each dump\replacement pair you want from each pack and make another pack.

Here is my error log:

Peixotos's patch remote settings:
#args: setup
32bit: 1
D3D: 2
D3D_Driver: aticfx32.dll
dshow: 1
dsk: 1920x1080
DSR: 3200x1800
error_log: B:\Downloads\New folder (49)\Peixoto\Peixoto\error.log
FLTR: 2
Gpad: A=1;B=2;X=3;Y=4;LEFT_SHOULDER=5;RIGHT_SHOULDER=6;bLeftTrigger=7;bRightTrigger=8;Start=9;Back=10;LEFT_THUMB=11;RIGHT_THUMB=12;deadzone=0.15;
HD: 1
injector_dir: B:\Downloads\New folder (49)\Peixoto\Peixoto
J2K: u=False;a=,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Up,Down,Left,Right;b=,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,;x=,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Up,Down,Left,Right;y=,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,;mds=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0;
max_4x3_res: 2048x1536
Mydocs: C:\Users\Jimmy\Documents
os_version: 6.100000
Path: C:\Users\Jimmy\Documents\Games\Tomb Raider\TR3\
resolutions_list: 640x480 720x480 720x576 800x600 1024x768 1152x864 1280x720 1280x768 1280x800 1280x960 1280x1024 1360x768 1360x1024 1366x768 1440x900 1600x900 1600x1200 1680x1050 1792x1344 1800x1440 1856x1392 1920x1080 1920x1200 2048x1536 2560x1440 3200x1800
script: scripts\Tomb2.ahk
script_hwnd: 0xae0254
singlecore: 1
svs: 1
target: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\TombRaider (III)\tomb3.exe
target_dir: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\TombRaider (III)
target_name: tomb3.exe
Textswap: path=Textures\CPY;s=16;sz=256;n=];p=[;d=p;sw=i;c=o;q=q;l=0;

FileHooks 0
CreateFileA_Hook Hook : 0 <- 0 means no error
CreateProcessA Hook: 0
CreateProcessW Hook: 0
Succedeed to create the DirectShow interfaces
Succeeded to hook IVideoWindow::SetWindowPosition
Succeeded to hook IMediaControl::Run
Succeeded to create the DirectInput Interfaces
Succeeded to create the DirectInput Interfaces
Succeeded to create the DirectInput8 Interfaces
Succeeded to create the DirectInput8 Interfaces
Succeeded to hook IDirectInputDevice8W::GetDeviceState
Succeeded to hook IDirectInputDeviceW::GetDeviceState
Succeeded to hook IDirectInputDeviceA::GetCapabilities
Desktop 3200x1800
OpenAdapter Hook 0
DDraw.dll : C:\Windows\system32\DDRAW.dll
DirectDrawCreate Hook : 0
Succeeded to create DirectDraw
Succeeded to create Direct3D
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw2::CreateSurface
Failed to hook IDirectDraw::CreateSurface - detours error 1
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw4::CreateSurface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::restore
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice::EndScene
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::EndScene
Succeeded to hook IDirect3D3::CreateDevice
Succeeded to hook IDirect3D2::CreateDevice
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::SetDisplayMode
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw2::SetDisplayMode
Failed to hook IDirectDraw4::SetDisplayMode - detours error 1
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw4::EnumDisplayModes
Show last 68 lines
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::SetViewPort2
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::GetViewPort2
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::Clear
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::Clear2
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport::SetViewPort
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport::GetViewPort
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::flip
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::GetSurfaceDesc
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::GetDisplayMode
Failed to hook IDirectDraw4::GetDisplayMode - detours error 1
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::GetPixelFormat
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::GetSurfaceDesc
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::AddAttachedSurface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::GetPalette
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::SetPalette
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawPalette::SetEntries
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawPalette::GetEntries
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::QueryInterface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Lock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::UnLock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::UnLock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Blt
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Bltfast
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::GetDC
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::ReleaseDC
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::TransformVertices
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::DrawPrimitive
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::DrawIndexedPrimitive
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::DrawPrimitiveVB
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::DrawIndexedPrimitiveVB
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice2::DrawPrimitive
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice2::DrawIndexedPrimitive
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice::Execute
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::Release
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::Load
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::SetTexture
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Release
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::GetHandle
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice2::SetRenderState
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture::Load
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture::GetHandle
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture::Release
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::SetCooperativeLevel
Failed to hook IDirectDraw2::SetCooperativeLevel - detours error 1
Failed to hook IDirectDraw4::SetCooperativeLevel - detours error 1
IDirect3DDevice2::DrawPrimitive is already hooked
Method BeginScene is not hooked yet
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice2::BeginScene
1 640x480-640
2 640x480-1536
3 640x480-2560
1 960x540-960
2 960x540-2048
3 960x540-4096
1 1280x720-1280
2 1280x720-2560
3 1280x720-5120
1 2400x1800-2400
2 2400x1800-5120
3 2400x1800-9728
1 3200x1800-3200
2 3200x1800-6656
3 3200x1800-12800
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::blt
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface2::blt
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::blt
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::lock

I have an Afterglow Xbox One controller for Windows. I also made sure that it was the preferred device and it still doesn't work. Also the original fmvs don't play right, they play as a colored blob. Is there any way to disable deinterlaced FMVs in the help.exe? Because I think that setting is screwing up the fmvs. I also tried the HD fmvs with and without non exclusive fullscreen and I just get a black screen but I can hear the fmvs play. Also I couldn't use your texture pack compiler either, it says there is nothing to see here. Is there any way to edit existing dump._dds files? Because I could just add the names of all of the .dds files together.

--Lara Croft

Reply 615 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Anaxenomun wrote:

As far as I understand, the creator of the Peixoto patch. If you are still developing it, you can add a new function to RE2 regular and Sourcenext FMV scale
Controls the size of the FMVs? She is very lacking there.

Controls for the FMV size will return soon

Anaxenomun wrote:

It would also be nice to add Urban Chaos and The Fifth Element with a resolution fix to the list of games.

Use the "create new" button to add new games. If a game doesn't work, post it here. When i finish implementing DirectX 9,10 and 11, i will start fixing the reported games

Anaxenomun wrote:

Can I add various permissions to the patch itself? Forced resolution is final, but I would also like to set the necessary resolution myself.

Change the desktop resolution before starting the game. The patch uses the desktop resolution

TheTombRaider wrote:

I have an Afterglow Xbox One controller for Windows. I also made sure that it was the preferred device and it still doesn't work.

Does it work vanilla ? TR II has an option to disable controllers. Maybe you have enabled it

TheTombRaider wrote:

Also the original fmvs don't play right, they play as a colored blob. Is there any way to disable deinterlaced FMVs in the help.exe? Because I think that setting is screwing up the fmvs.

Open scripts\tomb2.ahk with a tex editor e delete these lines
Alt_lock(p1, p2, p3, p4, p5)
{
if (GetSurfaceCaps(p1) & DDSCAPS_PRIMARYSURFACE) and !g_.rtrgt {
g_.proxies.FMV := True
} else g_.proxies.FMV := 0
r := Surface1Lock(p1, p2, p3, p4, p5)
}

TheTombRaider wrote:

I also tried the HD fmvs with and without non exclusive fullscreen and I just get a black screen but I can hear the fmvs play.

For the FMVs, i will have to write another player because directshow is not very reliable

TheTombRaider wrote:

Also I couldn't use your texture pack compiler either, it says there is nothing to see here. Is there any way to edit existing dump._dds files? Because I could just add the names of all of the .dds files together.

Click the start button to use the compiler

Reply 616 of 890, by TheTombRaider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Does it work vanilla ? TR II has an option to disable controllers. Maybe you have enabled it […]
Show full quote
TheTombRaider wrote:

I have an Afterglow Xbox One controller for Windows. I also made sure that it was the preferred device and it still doesn't work.

Does it work vanilla ? TR II has an option to disable controllers. Maybe you have enabled it

TheTombRaider wrote:

Also the original fmvs don't play right, they play as a colored blob. Is there any way to disable deinterlaced FMVs in the help.exe? Because I think that setting is screwing up the fmvs.

Open scripts\tomb2.ahk with a tex editor e delete these lines
Alt_lock(p1, p2, p3, p4, p5)
{
if (GetSurfaceCaps(p1) & DDSCAPS_PRIMARYSURFACE) and !g_.rtrgt {
g_.proxies.FMV := True
} else g_.proxies.FMV := 0
r := Surface1Lock(p1, p2, p3, p4, p5)
}

TheTombRaider wrote:

I also tried the HD fmvs with and without non exclusive fullscreen and I just get a black screen but I can hear the fmvs play.

For the FMVs, i will have to write another player because directshow is not very reliable

TheTombRaider wrote:

Also I couldn't use your texture pack compiler either, it says there is nothing to see here. Is there any way to edit existing dump._dds files? Because I could just add the names of all of the .dds files together.

Click the start button to use the compiler

Thank you so much! I didn't know that the controller would work without the patch. If I turn off the DirectInput to XInput setting it works automatically. But when I delete the code from Tomb2.ahk you showed it makes the game crash. But I figured out that instead of deleting the code I should just set g_.proxies.FMV := True to False. Then the original FMVs play normally. But the weird thing is when the intro FMVs finish playing there is no sound anywhere in the game. You can hear it trying to play the sound, but it cuts off before it finishes. I can fix this by removing the intro FMVs, though I would like to know what makes the audio screw up when the intro FMVs play. Here is my error log again:

Peixotos's patch remote settings:
#args: setup
32bit: 1
<Gpad>: A=1;B=2;X=3;Y=4;LEFT_SHOULDER=5;RIGHT_SHOULDER=6;bLeftTrigger=7;bRightTrigger=8;Start=9;Back=10;LEFT_THUMB=11;RIGHT_THUMB=12;deadzone=0.15;
D3D: 2
D3D_Driver: aticfx32.dll
dshow: 1
dsk: 1920x1080
error_log: B:\Downloads\New folder (49)\Peixoto\Peixoto\error.log
FLTR: 2
HD: 1
injector_dir: B:\Downloads\New folder (49)\Peixoto\Peixoto
J2K: u=False;a=W,S,A,D,Ctrl,V,Alt,Space,X,Shift,Tab,,,Esc,Z,C,W,S,A,D;b=,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,;x=W,S,A,D,Ctrl,V,Alt,Space,X,Shift,Tab,,,Esc,Z,C,W,S,A,D;y=,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,;mds=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0;
max_4x3_res: 2048x1536
Mydocs: C:\Users\Jimmy\Documents
NEFS: 1
os_version: 6.100000
Path: C:\Users\Jimmy\Documents\Games\Tomb Raider\TR3\
resolutions_list: 640x480 720x480 720x576 800x600 1024x768 1152x864 1280x720 1280x768 1280x800 1280x960 1280x1024 1360x768 1360x1024 1366x768 1440x900 1600x900 1600x1200 1680x1050 1792x1344 1800x1440 1856x1392 1920x1080 1920x1200 2048x1536 2560x1440 3200x1800
script: scripts\Tomb2.ahk
script_hwnd: 0x360bcc
singlecore: 1
svs: 1
target: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\TombRaider (III)\tomb3.exe
target_dir: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\TombRaider (III)
target_name: tomb3.exe
Textswap: path=Textures\CPY;s=16;sz=768;n=];p=[;d=p;sw=i;c=o;q=q;l=0;

FileHooks 0
CreateFileA_Hook Hook : 0 <- 0 means no error
CreateProcessA Hook: 0
CreateProcessW Hook: 0
Succedeed to create the DirectShow interfaces
Succeeded to hook IVideoWindow::SetWindowPosition
Succeeded to hook IMediaControl::Run
Desktop 1920x1080
OpenAdapter Hook 0
DDraw.dll : C:\Windows\system32\DDRAW.dll
DirectDrawCreate Hook : 0
Succeeded to create DirectDraw
Succeeded to create Direct3D
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw2::CreateSurface
Failed to hook IDirectDraw::CreateSurface - detours error 1
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw4::CreateSurface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::restore
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice::EndScene
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::EndScene
Succeeded to hook IDirect3D3::CreateDevice
Succeeded to hook IDirect3D2::CreateDevice
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::SetDisplayMode
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw2::SetDisplayMode
Failed to hook IDirectDraw4::SetDisplayMode - detours error 1
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw4::EnumDisplayModes
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::SetViewPort2
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::GetViewPort2
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::Clear
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::Clear2
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport::SetViewPort
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport::GetViewPort
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::GetSurfaceDesc
Show last 68 lines
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::GetDisplayMode
Failed to hook IDirectDraw4::GetDisplayMode - detours error 1
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::GetPixelFormat
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::GetSurfaceDesc
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::AddAttachedSurface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::GetPalette
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::SetPalette
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawPalette::SetEntries
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawPalette::GetEntries
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::QueryInterface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Lock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::UnLock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::UnLock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Blt
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Bltfast
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::GetDC
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::ReleaseDC
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::TransformVertices
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::DrawPrimitive
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::DrawIndexedPrimitive
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::DrawPrimitiveVB
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::DrawIndexedPrimitiveVB
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice2::DrawPrimitive
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice2::DrawIndexedPrimitive
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice::Execute
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::Release
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::Load
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::SetTexture
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Release
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::GetHandle
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice2::SetRenderState
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture::Load
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture::GetHandle
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture::Release
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::SetCooperativeLevel
Failed to hook IDirectDraw2::SetCooperativeLevel - detours error 1
Failed to hook IDirectDraw4::SetCooperativeLevel - detours error 1
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::flip
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::GetAttachedSurface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::EnumAttachedSurfaces
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::GetAttachedSurface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::EnumAttachedSurfaces
IDirect3DDevice2::DrawPrimitive is already hooked
Method BeginScene is not hooked yet
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice2::BeginScene
1 640x480-640
2 640x480-1536
3 640x480-2560
1 960x540-960
2 960x540-2048
3 960x540-4096
1 1280x720-1280
2 1280x720-2560
3 1280x720-5120
1 1440x1080-1440
2 1440x1080-3072
3 1440x1080-6144
1 1920x1080-1920
2 1920x1080-4096
3 1920x1080-7680
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::blt
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface2::blt
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::blt
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::lock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Unlock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::Unlock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::Unlock

I found out how to combine all of the texture packs and the game looks so good! Thanks for all of your help!

--Lara Croft

Reply 618 of 890, by TheTombRaider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Guizin239 wrote:

For some weird reason when I click on the Help.exe it opens a window and then closes 😒

Your virus protector probably closed it because it detected it as a virus. Don't worry it is a false positive. So make sure you add an exception in your real time scanner settings so that it doesn't detect it again. The way the program was compiled is setting off false flags in the real time scanning of whatever virus scanner you are using. Virus scanners can be a pain sometimes, especially if you use Mcafee.

--Lara Croft

Reply 619 of 890, by Guizin239

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
TheTombRaider wrote:
Guizin239 wrote:

For some weird reason when I click on the Help.exe it opens a window and then closes 😒

Your virus protector probably closed it because it detected it as a virus. Don't worry it is a false positive. So make sure you add an exception in your real time scanner settings so that it doesn't detect it again. The way the program was compiled is setting off false flags in the real time scanning of whatever virus scanner you are using. Virus scanners can be a pain sometimes, especially if you use Mcafee.

I figured it could be something like this, so I disabled windows defender, and i still could not open it