VOGONS

First post, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Seems like all the ones on ebay are from some other country with shipping as much as asking price. I try to find maybe for parts not working desktops but they are always not what I need. I could find a newish atx case that has compatible mounting but they all are RGB puke or look like alien and dumb. 😠 😒 😕 😕

Reply 1 of 10, by Baoran

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Don't baby AT motherboards generally fit in any AT case? They are just smaller versions of full AT motherboard if I understood correctly.
I don't know which country you are from though, but I generally go to recycling centers or there are web sites where I can put that I want to buy old 80s or 90s PCs even if they are not working and I have gotten some good cases that way.

Reply 2 of 10, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I believe 'Baby AT' cases are actually quite large. The PSU certainly is. What most people call 'Baby AT' is actually LPX.

Last edited by Errius on 2019-09-21, 08:48. Edited 1 time in total.

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 3 of 10, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

baby At is 13 long max x 8.5 width, many boards were shorter than this especially P4/5 era boards.

micro atx is 9.6 × 9.6 so a baby AT width is less than that and there are baby at boards that are that short aswell so technically a baby AT could occupy less real estate than a micro atx but generally cases are long enough to accomendate the max length even if a board didn't require it.

eHw9RlR.jpg

Reply 5 of 10, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I used to own one that looked very similar to that around 2001 with a 430vx or something in it, was just like that except the drives bays were on top, anyways I'm looking for a case like that.

W7YotBm.jpg

Reply 6 of 10, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The above one used to be mine. It's my photo 😉

Here are more:
aDiH4cwm.jpg

Similar or the same height as the Jerovsek case in the previous post is the 5th one from the right in the bottom row.

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs

Reply 7 of 10, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Warlord wrote:
I used to own one that looked very similar to that around 2001 with a 430vx or something in it, was just like that except the dr […]
Show full quote

I used to own one that looked very similar to that around 2001 with a 430vx or something in it, was just like that except the drives bays were on top, anyways I'm looking for a case like that.

W7YotBm.jpg

I have one of these:
My Intel Plato/Premiere II build

Unfortunately, it's in use. 😁

Reply 8 of 10, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Warlord wrote:
baby At is 13 long max x 8.5 width, many boards were shorter than this especially P4/5 era boards. […]
Show full quote

baby At is 13 long max x 8.5 width, many boards were shorter than this especially P4/5 era boards.

micro atx is 9.6 × 9.6 so a baby AT width is less than that and there are baby at boards that are that short aswell so technically a baby AT could occupy less real estate than a micro atx but generally cases are long enough to accomendate the max length even if a board didn't require it.

eHw9RlR.jpg

That's an awesome little case. Never seen one like that before.