VOGONS


First post, by th1r5bvn23

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

I spent a lot of time googling and using archive.org but only found IDE drivers for XP/Vista/7 and RAID drivers for 98/XP/Vista/7. Also downloaded driver packs from vogons driver library and Phil's site, but neither contains an IDE driver for Windows 98. So I'm here to request a latest IDE mode driver for Windows 98. Thanks.

Intel Pentium III 1.0B GHz, ASUS P3B-F, NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 400, Yamaha YMF719E-S

Reply 2 of 5, by jaZz_KCS

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

How do you know that his adapter isn't already running in SATALink (Ultra) mode as opposed to SATARaid (RAID) mode? I guess because there are no drives found at windows installation 😀

Anyways, for Windows 9x, you have to use the v1.2.0.5 driver that is labelled xp-2k, which also works for Win9x. Win9x Installation instructions are described in the readme under point 9 and 10.

As Warlord correctly stated, make sure that the adapter is running in non-RAID/IDE/Link mode (SataLINK) instead of RAID (SataRAID) mode. You can watch for boot strings upon bootup and tell which mode is being run.

Reply 3 of 5, by th1r5bvn23

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Thanks for your help. I found V1.3.10.0 driver from 2009 archive of Silicon Image official website and that seems to work with Windows 98. Flashed IDE mode BIOS V5.5.0.0.

Intel Pentium III 1.0B GHz, ASUS P3B-F, NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 400, Yamaha YMF719E-S

Reply 4 of 5, by jaZz_KCS

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
th1r5bvn23 wrote:

Thanks for your help. I found V1.3.10.0 driver from 2009 archive of Silicon Image official website and that seems to work with Windows 98. Flashed IDE mode BIOS V5.5.0.0.

I just checked and although the readme files from the 1.3.10.0_x86 driver do not mention Win98 anymore, it's just a neglect, and they indeed do work with Windows 98

Reply 5 of 5, by zapbuzz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

so Sil3114 cannot run RAID in 98SE? Silicon Image SiI3112 apparently can run basic RAID in windows 98SE so that's strange.