VOGONS

First post, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I recently found a good deal for that card, including manuals. Does anybody have it? I liked to check if this one gives more data than Supersoft and a cheap Post-card from China.

IMG_9891.JPG
IMG_9884.JPG
IMG_9885.JPG

The card can be run in POST-mode or diagnostic mode. In POST-mode it acts as a normal option-ROM whcih is executed by the System-ROM.

In diagnostic mode, you have to exchange the BIOS on the Mainboard with one of the provided ones (Hi/Lo or single). These ROMs do nothing else than
jmp D000:0100
and executes the ROMs on the card itself.

IMG_9886.JPG

What I escpecially like is that you can choose your graphics card, it also runs with selected VGAs (which is different to Supersoft which requires MDA/CGA). It works with a Realtek ISA VGA, but not with a Trident.

Also in the Box was the "Examiner" card, not tested so far.

IMG_9887.JPG

Reply 1 of 31, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Some screenshots of the card in action with a damaged board. It gives much for information than Supersoft. But summarized, It is not worth the money some Ebay sellers demand. I think if a board doesnt start Supersoft, it will also not start the ULTRA-X card. No miracles can be expected here.

IMG_9881.JPG
IMG_9876.JPG
IMG_9879.JPG
IMG_9880.JPG

Reply 2 of 31, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Also got the PCI card in a nice case for an interesting price 😀 Currently no application for it however. Let me know if somebody is interested in the software...

IMG_2119.JPG
IMG_2120.JPG

Reply 3 of 31, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That's a pretty set! The diagnostic ROM seems useful!

1982 to 2001

Reply 4 of 31, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I would like a copy of the software as well as a scan of the manual if you have the ability to do that. I don't see a download page on the ULTRA-X site for any of that stuff but I may chat with them and see if they have it available.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 5 of 31, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
cyclone3d wrote:

I would like a copy of the software as well as a scan of the manual if you have the ability to do that. I don't see a download page on the ULTRA-X site for any of that stuff but I may chat with them and see if they have it available.

Sorry, too many pages to scan the manual and I dont want to rip it apart for the sheet scanner.

Reply 7 of 31, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

As requested...

Reply 8 of 31, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Reply 9 of 31, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Reply 10 of 31, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Reply 11 of 31, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Reply 12 of 31, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Reply 13 of 31, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Reply 14 of 31, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Awesome job! Thanks for the effort.

Reply 15 of 31, by Lex-

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Predator99 wrote on 2019-08-24, 11:48:

Also got the PCI card in a nice case for an interesting price 😀 Currently no application for it however. Let me know if somebody is interested in the software...

IMG_2119.JPG
IMG_2120.JPG

Please let me know if you still have the P.H.D. PCI card ?

Reply 16 of 31, by Lex-

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Predator99 wrote on 2019-07-20, 13:53:
... In diagnostic mode, you have to exchange the BIOS on the Mainboard with one of the provided ones (Hi/Lo or single). These RO […]
Show full quote

In diagnostic mode, you have to exchange the BIOS on the Mainboard with one of the provided ones (Hi/Lo or single). These ROMs do nothing else than
jmp D000:0100
and executes the ROMs on the card itself.

Can someone provide a backup of the custom BIOSes provided by Ultra-X ? or please show the hex contents to put in the EEPROM then it can do the same (jump to D000:0100).

Thank you.

Reply 17 of 31, by Lex-

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Predator99 wrote on 2019-08-24, 11:48:

Can you provide a scan or pictures of the P.H.D. PCI manual please? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Reply 18 of 31, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi, sorry didnt notice your message. Yes, I still have the PCI box and will try to check the next days whats inside...

Reply 19 of 31, by Lex-

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Predator99 wrote on 2022-08-01, 21:39:

Hi, sorry didnt notice your message. Yes, I still have the PCI box and will try to check the next days whats inside...

Hi Predator99,
thanks for your reply, can you help me with two things please:

P.H.D.16 ISA card -> can you provide a backup of the custom BIOSes provided with the card (Hi/Lo and single) ?
or please let me know the hex contents to program any EEPROM to do the same (jump to D000:0100).

P.H.D. PCI card -> can you provide a scan or pictures of the manual please? I would really appreciate it.

Hope you have the time to help me, very insteresting cards.
Thank you.