VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 35, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Anonymous Coward wrote:

No way. At some point in the not too distant future once all computers have race mixed, they will all be beige. Beige is the wave of the future, and the least rayciss colour possible. If you disagree, then you're basically a computer nazi.

They sure know how to give people a grilling.

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 21 of 35, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Anonymous Coward wrote:
keenmaster486 wrote:

We already have very powerful computers.

Yup. They use 486 CPUs.

And with a whooping 32mb of RAM. Exciting, isn’t it? 😀

Now seriously... these are really exact copies. Perfect for a hackintosh though, this level of copycat I have only seen on the Xiaomi Mi notebooks. These are also fairly good for hackintosh too, but I don’t have patience for another Hackintosh again.

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!

Reply 22 of 35, by JonathonWyble

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
bfcastello wrote:

And with a whooping 32mb of RAM. Exciting, isn’t it? 😀

Pfft! Nah, that doesn't seem exciting, if you have so little RAM 🤣 Unless it's a vintage powerful computer, then I would see where it's going...

bfcastello wrote:

Now seriously... these are really exact copies. Perfect for a hackintosh though, this level of copycat I have only seen on the Xiaomi Mi notebooks. These are also fairly good for hackintosh too, but I don’t have patience for another Hackintosh again.

Well, I wouldn't say that. Maybe the computer manufacturers who came up with the idea of their new powerful computers were influenced by the nice design of the Mac Pro and decided to use Apple's style for the new wave of their desktops? Just a wild guess 😉

1998 Pentium II build

1553292341.th.19547.gif

Reply 23 of 35, by CelGen

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Autistic-level factory cable management. So basically it's "powerful" for those people who like to brag about their PC case, while most people who care for performance shove it under the desk and don't care how fancy the case looks as long as a new video card doesn't require a new case.
Or those people who hate Apple but are in the closet about Apple's asthetic like a 28 year old is for not being a furry but likes the art style. 😒

Puh-leeze.

emot-science.gif "It's science. I ain't gotta explain sh*t" emot-girl.gif

Reply 24 of 35, by BinaryDemon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah I feel deceived by the thread title too. I was hoping for something interesting in cpu development. Quantum computing? Affordable RISC-V in atx format? But no it’s about a computer case.

Check out DOSBox Distro:

https://sites.google.com/site/dosboxdistro/ [*]

a lightweight Linux distro (tinycore) which boots off a usb flash drive and goes straight to DOSBox.

Make your dos retrogaming experience portable!

Reply 27 of 35, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've been using a hackintosh on the desktop since 2011. It actually works pretty decently. Every time I've had problems, whenever I look it up it seems to be an issue affecting authentic Macs as well. Though, I tend to avoid running the latest updates. I only upgrade once software starts requiring a newer OS. For me the bigger issue is that I just hate a lot of things about OSX. Sure, it's nice that it's based on Unix, but the interface is kind of counter intuitive despite what the die hards claim. The inability to cut files is really fucking annoying, and it slows down my work considerably. I also absolutely hate the window management, and the over reliance on keyboard shortcuts to get things done. It's also pretty lame that I can never find the software I need, and have to resort to using PCs or emulators on occasion. I think the only thing that keeps me using it is that virus writers tend to focus more energy on Windows.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 28 of 35, by ShovelKnight

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Anonymous Coward wrote:

I've been using a hackintosh on the desktop since 2011. It actually works pretty decently. Every time I've had problems, whenever I look it up it seems to be an issue affecting authentic Macs as well. Though, I tend to avoid running the latest updates. I only upgrade once software starts requiring a newer OS. For me the bigger issue is that I just hate a lot of things about OSX. Sure, it's nice that it's based on Unix, but the interface is kind of counter intuitive despite what the die hards claim. The inability to cut files is really fucking annoying, and it slows down my work considerably. I also absolutely hate the window management, and the over reliance on keyboard shortcuts to get things done. It's also pretty lame that I can never find the software I need, and have to resort to using PCs or emulators on occasion. I think the only thing that keeps me using it is that virus writers tend to focus more energy on Windows.

Of course you can cut and paste files and folders on macOS (hint: Cmd + Opt + V), and its reliance on keyboard shortcuts is what makes it so great for power users (along with ability to redefine keyboard shortcuts for any application and extensive GUI scripting unparalleled on any other platform).

If you need software that only runs on Windows, maybe you should run Windows in the first place.

Reply 29 of 35, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Looks like Apple is dictating the game again.
Allot of OEM manufactures are trying to ride the NEW Mac Pro computer design.

Attachments

Reply 30 of 35, by Ultrax

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Intel486dx33 wrote:

That Pavilion was around before the new Mac Pro was unveiled.

Ultrax
__
Presario 425|DX2-50|8MB|SB V16S|D622/WFW3.11 😎
Deskpro XE 450|DX2-50|32 MB|NT4.0/95
SR2038X|Athlon 64 X2 3800|2G|GT710 WINXP
Dimension 4400|P4 NW 2 GHz|256M|R128U AGP|WINXP
HPMini311|N270|2G|9400M|WINXP
Libretto50CT|P75|16MB|YMF711|WIN95 😎

Reply 31 of 35, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Intel486dx33 wrote:

You are so funny it hurts. See above.

Reply 33 of 35, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

A lot better price https://www.amazon.com/hp-pavilion-tower/s?k= … +pavilion+tower

Reply 34 of 35, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ShovelKnight wrote:
Anonymous Coward wrote:

Of course you can cut and paste files and folders on macOS (hint: Cmd + Opt + V), and its reliance on keyboard shortcuts is what makes it so great for power users (along with ability to redefine keyboard shortcuts for any application and extensive GUI scripting unparalleled on any other platform).

If you need software that only runs on Windows, maybe you should run Windows in the first place.

I agree with ShovelKnight. And, the software you need are all over the place, you can find them easily. I will list later all the apps I have used so far to prove my point.

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!