Rank
l33t++

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufY713ta-Yk

Reply 1 of 7, by jaZz_KCS

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Is it just me, or do the units look like their animation is half as fluid as in the original from 1995...?
I sincerely hope for them that this is heavily WIP, and that more of half of the animation frames are still missing. Looks like "Army Men go C&C"

Reply 3 of 7, by Beegle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

they seem to be floating above the ground because their animation speed and stride, doesn't match the actual movement speed (so, their feet slide) so it gives a figurine/toy effect

this said, visually the upscale is very pleasing

The more sound cards, the better.
AdLib documentary : Official Thread
Youtube Channel : The Sound Card Database

Reply 4 of 7, by mothergoose729

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
jaZz_KCS wrote:

Is it just me, or do the units look like their animation is half as fluid as in the original from 1995...?
I sincerely hope for them that this is heavily WIP, and that more of half of the animation frames are still missing. Looks like "Army Men go C&C"

I think they have the same number , it is just easier to tell that there is only a few key frames because the resolution is crisper.

I always have mixed feelings about these kind of remasters. I think my brain fills in a lot of detail that isn't there when the resolution is lower.

Reply 5 of 7, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Animations uses as many frames as the original. I don't see any difference in how smooth they look compared to the original.

Why does everyone who talks about this news story link to random reddit, twitter or youtube person so you have to hunt for the source? The official site has a way to easily compare graphics:
https://www.ea.com/games/command-and-conquer/ … quer-remastered.

I was hoping this would be a Starcraft style remaster, meaning no messing with the engine and thankfully it looks to be the case so far.

Reply 6 of 7, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Getting the 2002 Cinemaware 'digitally remastered' vibes from this 😐 The pixel aspect's also not taken into consideration for the new art (the original C&C was 320x200, the Win95 ver was 640x400 native)

The hues don't match either. RIP bright red structure paint

The real question is though........ what about the cutscenes? 4k kiss slap scene/ seth blown away / "REAL FUNNY TOUGH GUY REAL FUNNY HERE YOU GO" plz?

There's also a sneaking suspicion that this is not quite on-brand for current EA...... there's got to be a catch.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 7 of 7, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
leileilol wrote:

kiss slap scene/ seth blown away / "REAL FUNNY TOUGH GUY REAL FUNNY HERE YOU GO"

All Classic's 😀
Just read the post about the music, where they are including both versions with and without vocals. I agree they seem to actually deliver what people want.
I'll hold judgement till its released especially after the mess that was The First Decade (which the fan patch makes up for)

mothergoose729 wrote:

I always have mixed feelings about these kind of remasters. I think my brain fills in a lot of detail that isn't there when the resolution is lower.

Same, especially for C&C and RA. I actually still prefer the dos version where units and vehicles are better scaled vs the higher res of the 9x version