VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by BadGoldEagle

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,
So, if I type the code below, the folder is mounted as the D drive and I can access it.

MOUNT D ~/Documents/DOSBOX/D_DRIVE

Problem is, once I do this

imgmount 2 ~/Documents/DOSBOX/C_DRIVE.sparseimage -size 512,63,32,520 -t hdd -fs none
boot ~/Documents/DOSBOX/C_DRIVE.sparseimage -l c

... the D drive becomes unavailable: "Invalid Drive Specification". DOS 6.22 is installed. Autoexec.bat is pretty much empty (only @ECHO OFF and the keyboard map are present)

What's wrong?
NB: As you may have noticed, I'm using the MacOS port of DOSBox 0.74-3.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Reply 2 of 6, by BadGoldEagle

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for your prompt answer.
Got it, but how can I create a "shared" volume to transfer things back and fourth then? The C drive image can't be mounted on my host OS.

And apparently you can't have two HD images mounted at the same time... perhaps I'm wrong though.

Reply 4 of 6, by BadGoldEagle

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK. I've commented out the boot command from the autoexec section of the config file and managed to mount both C and D drives at startup (without booting into DOS of course)

imgmount c ~/Documents/DOSBOX/C_DRIVE.sparseimage  -size 512,63,32,520 -t hdd
MOUNT D ~/Documents/DOSBOX/D_DRIVE
D:

I'd like to run the following commands at will:

MOUNT -u c
imgmount 2 ~/Documents/DOSBOX/C_DRIVE.sparseimage -size 512,63,32,520 -t hdd -fs none
boot ~/Documents/DOSBOX/C_DRIVE.sparseimage -l c

NB: I need to unmount the c drive and remount the image as drive '2' otherwise the whole thing'll crash.

My idea was that I could write a boot.bat file with those commands that I could invoke by typing boot in the console, but apparently I can't use .bat files on dosbox?

Reply 5 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

You can run bat files but only from mounted drives.
Or you can use the autoexec section in the config, or pass a user config from a shortcut

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 6 of 6, by BadGoldEagle

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Turns out converting an .rtf file to .txt and then to .bat does funny things. I used a windows machine to create the batch file and now it works. Yay.
Also, I realized that "boot" was already used by dosbox so I named the .bat file dos.bat, which once invoked starts ms-dos.
That way, I can do whatever I have to do to manage my files from D to C and once I'm done I can start MS-DOS in a breeze.