VOGONS

First post, by pcwizard7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

AS title said i ve been looking for my first pc's Case on eBay with no success. if it's not exactly same one there no point in getting it

Closest ones i ve found on ebay but the power and reset buttons are not right. they were big white deep pushing power button and same slightly smaller reset button

I know its a basic white box but when its special to you it doesn't matter

Last edited by Stiletto on 2020-03-02, 07:03. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 14, by jaZz_KCS

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I wish you all the best of luck. I myself am still on the lookout for my second ever PC tower our family had back then in 94 ...:

img_2192-bsp9u.jpg

The one I am looking for is the one on the right, bought at Vobis somewhere in 1994

Reply 3 of 14, by pcwizard7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

my mum threw it out and wish i stopped her 🙁

it's in that AT-style micro case but one with big white deep pushing power button and same slightly smaller reset button. it was a Pentium MMX I got it in 1997.

Reply 5 of 14, by SirNickity

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Good luck, man. Running across a particular AT case on eBay is a shot in the dark. It's the obvious source for all things collectible, so there are a whole lot of people out there scouring the listings every day. Anything desirable goes quickly and/or sells for a lot of money. You get to pick from what's left. 😉

Set up a search, be prepared for a daily scroll through the duds that show up in your email, and -- if you see what you're looking for, don't hesitate.

There are many older computers, cases, and components still being sold out of Russia, Kazakhstan, Israel, etc. If you happen to want a case style that was ever popular in that corner of the globe, you might have better luck.

Reply 6 of 14, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

depends, I've seen several cases multiple times already, and I have gotten some duplicates myself, I even have a strikingly similar case to the one that jaZz_KCS is looking for, same front but mine has a slightly different power button layout, but I've seen that exact same version on ebay before as well.

what is harder imho is finding brand specific cases of non-mainstream brands that never pop up for sale, that's what I'm looking for for my first case unfortunately.

Reply 7 of 14, by pcwizard7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

1. Its more like this sharp but the power and reset buttons are bigger, white and round/smoother
2. and the lines on the bottom are not there and it had 3 horizontal lines
3. and i don't remember a place for oem logo

Attachments

• first case 1.jpg
    Filename
    first case 1.jpg
    File size
    278.17 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 9 of 14, by SirNickity

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

On the topic, I am kind of shocked how hard it is to find once-ubiquitous stuff -- e.g. classic Lian Li cases, like the PC-60 mid tower or PC-37 mini tower. Those things were everywhere around 2002. I haven't been able to find one at all recently. Funny how that works. It's kind of like seeing copies of OS/2 and Desqview/X all over Ebay, but zero copies of Win98.

Reply 10 of 14, by Miphee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Put retro/vintage/collector in the description and this happens.
(those computers go here for $15 at most)

Attachments

• smog.jpg
    Filename
    smog.jpg
    File size
    98.99 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 11 of 14, by pcwizard7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
JidaiGeki wrote:

Is it anything like this?

the button pretty simillar the biggest button would be the power button and smaller one would be the reset but mine didn't have a turbo button. it was a pentium MMX machinbe in 1997

Last edited by Stiletto on 2020-03-02, 06:48. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 12 of 14, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Miphee wrote:

Put retro/vintage/collector in the description and this happens.
(those computers go here for $15 at most)

You get whole Pentium Pro systems for $15 where you live? Please buy some for me!

Reply 13 of 14, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
pcwizard7 wrote:

1. Its more like this sharp but the power and reset buttons are bigger, white and round/smoother
2. and the lines on the bottom are not there and it had 3 horizontal lines
3. and i don't remember a place for oem logo

that's unfortunately still way too generic, there are so many cases with "3 lines" across... does the front panel have the same "wave" shape as the picture you posted?

maybe a sketch from the ground up would be better to illustrate what you are looking for.

Last edited by imi on 2019-11-25, 13:44. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 14 of 14, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

First pic is Enlight 7237 - there were several variants of this case. Great cases. I would argue - probably the best of the mid to lat 90s...

Maybe you are looking for something like this? This particular case has very small reset button, but there were variants with bigger one as well...

Attachments

New items (October/November 2022) -> My Items for Sale
I8v8PGb.jpg