VOGONS

First post, by Captain Catnip

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

Hello everybody,

I've been lurking here for a while now and really enjoy the active community and knowledge here, going to soon also showcase my build, that I recently got into (once I'm done renovating the room it'll live in) but I have to post a new topic that kind of has been made before. Several times. I am one of those people who search for a specific computer case/tower of their past. It's a pretty generic chinesium beige AT case from the 90s, but maybe somebody here has more specifics.

Here are some pictures, the only ones I could find:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by Captain Catnip on 2020-01-23, 11:24. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 13, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hello and welcome, Captain Catnip!
That's really a nice AT case, especially for a late 486!
Sorry I can't help you with your search and sorry I refer to the rules right away but since there's no list of active rules avaliable please keep in mind that trading is not permitted on Vogons as per wish of the site owner.
Anyway, good luck hunting down that case! :-)

Reply 4 of 13, by McBierle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think i have that case.
Contact me via PM.

IMG_20200123_124311.jpg
Filename
IMG_20200123_124311.jpg
File size
202.24 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 5 of 13, by Captain Catnip

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

It is indeed available on EBay, but the hardware included doesn't really make me pay as much. Especially since one of the screens shows completely different hardware than listed and the seller didn't really answer my question about said weird picture, but instead says the boot time is too quick to post a picture now.

@McBierle Since I recently registered, I am not yet able to send private messages. But that really is the tower I'm looking for, albeit one with more space. It does seem to be a case that was local to Europe or even Germany.

Last edited by Captain Catnip on 2020-01-23, 13:31. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 6 of 13, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

you're right, that bootup picture is weird ^^ but the bios and windows screenshots seem to show the right things, tbh nice AT cases go for anything between 20-100+€ on ebay alone nowadays, you could always try to resell the hardware that's inside to recoup some of the costs, but yeah it's a bit pricey for what's inside.

or just keep on the lookout, I believe I've seen these pop up multiple times already.

Reply 7 of 13, by Captain Catnip

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

That specific computer is on ebay for a good while now and nobody is buying it for that price. But I am actually considering it for quite a while for the case alone. If I don't find any alternatives and my patience runs out I might have to do it ^^

Reply 8 of 13, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It is for sale at Amibay (look Want to sell -> Hardware for sale -> Other) for 30 euro.

fc29a35c7143a0cd2bf2a95072571b36.jpg

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city

Reply 9 of 13, by SirNickity

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Even the common AT cases can be hard to locate. IMO, if that's the one you want, it's in good enough condition for you, and you can afford it, go for it! You might find one next week for less, but you could also go two years without seeing it again. Grab it while it's hot.

(PS... Enlight spotted in the above pic. 😁 I have one of those too - it's in dire need of retrobright.)

Reply 12 of 13, by Captain Catnip

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

The price is quite high. I’m awaiting to get onto amibay to contact the guy with the tower, but it takes a while.

So far I’m really impressed with the speed and resources you guys have! Thanks a lot!

Reply 13 of 13, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have a NIB one (not for sale, sorry), but it does have the model type printed on the box:

box1.jpg
Filename
box1.jpg
File size
286.3 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0
box2.jpg
Filename
box2.jpg
File size