VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by GabrielKnight123

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I own an original copy of VTMR and I have installed it on Windows XP pro sp3 the install worked fine but playing it it says to enter the CD key, I have looked everywhere on the CD case for the key but it's not marked as anything like "key" I have also tried every string of numbers on the CD case even the barcode numbers and all in different ways. I remember having this same problem but I can't figure it out. I'm running XP on:
Core 2 duo 3ghz E8400
GeForce 9800 gt 512mb pcie
4gb ddr3
I've uninstalled and reinstalled VTMR but no luck.

Attachments

Reply 1 of 5, by CrossBow777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I could be wrong but I thought it was a sticker that was attached either the CD case itself on the outside or possibly within the CD tray? If you don't see that, then it is possible your CD case isn't the original one and that key info was lost?

g883j7-2.png
Midi Modules: MT-32 (OLD), MT-200, MT-300, MT-90S, MT-90U, SD-20

Reply 2 of 5, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
GabrielKnight123 wrote on 2020-01-23, 07:00:

[...]

you should check your PM from yesterday

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 3 of 5, by Fujoshi-hime

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
CrossBow777 wrote on 2020-01-23, 17:29:

I could be wrong but I thought it was a sticker that was attached either the CD case itself on the outside or possibly within the CD tray? If you don't see that, then it is possible your CD case isn't the original one and that key info was lost?

I've seen a few cases like this. Since I often replace the jewel cases for old PC games with shiny new ones, this is a problem when the beat up scratched one has a rather important sticker adhered to it.

Reply 4 of 5, by GabrielKnight123

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I bought this game way back and I must of replaced the case but didn't notice the sticker, the game had a silver like trinket like the emblem on the front of the manual if I find it here I'll post a picture of it as games don't have them anymore, does anyone remember the Angel baby "cupid" statue in the game box of Messiah