VOGONS


First post, by y2k se

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

I just upgraded my P2B v1.12 from a Slot 1 Pentium III 1 GHz (Coppermine) to a Socket 370 Celeron 1.4 GHz (Tualatin, tB1 revision). I'm running the latest beta 1014.003 BIOS. The system appears to be working fine, except for one thing that triggers my OSD. The CPU details are not shown in the System Properties. I applied a microcode update to the BIOS per instructions @ http://tipperlinne.com/bios6b4.htm, except I used beta 1018.005 BIOS as the donor file. I also applied a Windows 98 SE microcode update per https://msfn.org/board/topic/44388-microcode- … ates-updatesys/. Neither changes the behavior.

Is there anything I can do?

Attachments

  • system.png
    Filename
    system.png
    File size
    11.04 KiB
    Views
    269 views
    File license
    Public domain
  • cpuz.png
    Filename
    cpuz.png
    File size
    17.76 KiB
    Views
    269 views
    File license
    Public domain

Tualatin Celeron 1.4, ASUS P2B, 512 MB, GeForce 3 Ti 200, Voodoo2 SLI, AWE64, WD 80GB SE HDD, Dell 2007FP

Reply 2 of 5, by y2k se

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
PARKE wrote on 2020-02-23, 17:14:

A Tualatin Celeron running at 2.048 core voltage ?

My assumption is that's a reporting error. The PL-IP3/T doesn't have any jumper settings past 1.8v and mine is set at 1.55v (default).

Tualatin Celeron 1.4, ASUS P2B, 512 MB, GeForce 3 Ti 200, Voodoo2 SLI, AWE64, WD 80GB SE HDD, Dell 2007FP

Reply 3 of 5, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You could manually edit the registry. Search for "ProcessorNameString" and right click Modify the name to what you want. It may not work with 98SE but it worked under XP and Win7....

Hate posting a reply and have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. 🤣 Second computer a 286 12Mhz with real IDE drive ! After that came 386, 486, Pentium, P.Pro and everything after....

Reply 5 of 5, by y2k se

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

I finally determined what was causing this. Its a Windows Update, Q272621, that fixes the shown free space on the Virtual Memory tab of System Properties when the hard disk exceeds certain thresholds of free space. So, at least I have an answer for my OCD.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/159027-modified- … 03001-for-98se/
https://msfn.org/board/topic/49045-201-system-properties/

Tualatin Celeron 1.4, ASUS P2B, 512 MB, GeForce 3 Ti 200, Voodoo2 SLI, AWE64, WD 80GB SE HDD, Dell 2007FP