Reply 360 of 1037, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-02-29, 20:56:

I don't see a difference.

Thank you, please try again with the attached SIV64X 5.47 Read-01

Last edited by red-ray on 2020-03-01, 02:06. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 361 of 1037, by CoffeeOne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
red-ray wrote on 2020-02-29, 21:23:
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-02-29, 20:56:

I don't see a difference.

Thank you, please try again with the attached SIV64X 5.47 Read-01

Hello, looks better. Temperature for all 64 DIMMs were shown.
But after showing "SPD summary" the program crashed.

spd-summary.jpg
Filename
spd-summary.jpg
File size
26.53 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

The zip file contains also a dump file, that was created.

Attachments

• Filename
    SIV64X-dump.zip
    File size
    1.75 MiB
    Downloads
    47 downloads
    File license

Reply 362 of 1037, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-02-29, 23:48:

Hello, looks better. Temperature for all 64 DIMMs were shown.

Thank you and I managed to reproduce the [SPD Summary] issue here and should have fixed it by making more buffer space available.

It looks like only channels 0 + 3 are used so I have adjusted the driver to do a 2-way mux meaning there should now only be 9 SMBuses.

Please may I have new save files using the attached SIV64X 5.47 Swap-01 so I can check all is OK, assuming it is I plan to release Beta-01.

The SMBus exclusions got saved to the registry so please do reg delete HKCU\Software\SIV /f /v "SMBus Skip" to delete them as I have added more to the defaults.

Last edited by red-ray on 2020-03-01, 16:29. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 363 of 1037, by CoffeeOne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
red-ray wrote on 2020-03-01, 02:06:
Thank you and I managed to reproduce the [SPD Summary] issue here and should have fixed it by making more buffer space available […]
Show full quote

Thank you and I managed to reproduce the [SPD Summary] issue here and should have fixed it by making more buffer space available.

It looks like only channels 0 + 3 are used so I have adjusted the driver to do a 2-way mux meaning there should now only be 9 SMBuses.

Please may I have new save files using the attached SIV64X 5.47 Swap-01 so I can check all is OK, assuming it is I plan to release Beta-01.

The SMBus exclusions got saved to the registry so please do reg delete HKCU\Software\SIV /f /v "SMBus Skip" to delete them as I have added more to the defaults.

Thanks for updating.

I made another run, looked quite good, see the main screen.

spd-temperature.jpg
Filename
spd-temperature.jpg
File size
504.65 KiB
Views
File license

So looked right.
But honestly spoken I don't fully trust the temperature values of the DIMMs, that are reported:
I let it open for about 5 minutes, and then I saw some high values of 90°C, other DIMMs had some low values of -128°C, about 20 of the total 64 DIMMs low or high was out of range.
Also I am not convinced, about the CRC errors: It was reported for 4 out of 64 DIMMs.
Unfortunately I have no save local for that run.

I overlooked the reg delete command, so I closed SIV and did the reg delete and restarted SIV.
Now there are no temperatures reported for the DIMMs:

spd-temperature2.jpg
Filename
spd-temperature2.jpg
File size
511.84 KiB
Views
File license

I attach the save local for the second run.

Attachments

• Filename
    SIV64X-2020-03-1-1.zip
    File size
    338.26 KiB
    Downloads
    56 downloads
    File license

Reply 364 of 1037, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-03-01, 11:44:

Thank you for your testing, but looking at the save file from the 2nb run I can't see why there is an issue. Did you run HWiNFO before the 2nd run? Maybe it trigged the issue.

Please do siv64x -dbgsmb -exit=30 > SIV_DBGOUT.log | more and post the .log file. What happens if you power cycle the system and run SIV before HWiNFO?

Basically I need a save file generated when SIV had read the SPD and temperatures.

Reply 365 of 1037, by CoffeeOne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
red-ray wrote on 2020-03-01, 13:55:
Thank you for your testing, but looking at the save file from the 2nb run I can't see why there is an issue. Did you run HWiNFO […]
Show full quote
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-03-01, 11:44:

Thank you for your testing, but looking at the save file from the 2nb run I can't see why there is an issue. Did you run HWiNFO before the 2nd run? Maybe it trigged the issue.

Please do siv64x -dbgsmb -exit=30 > SIV_DBGOUT.log | more and post the .log file. What happens if you power cycle the system and run SIV before HWiNFO?

Basically I need a save file generated when SIV had read the SPD and temperatures.

Nope I did not run hwinfo before SIV. All I did after the first run is deleting something from the registry with the command you posted.

OK, I reboot the machine again, stopped the ILO3 servies (ProliantMonitor) and called from cmd
siv64x -dbgsmb -exit=30 > SIV_DBGOUT.log | more

Attachments

• Filename
    SIV_DBGOUT.zip
    File size
    758 Bytes
    Downloads
    42 downloads
    File license

Reply 366 of 1037, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-03-01, 16:06:

All I did after the first run is deleting something from the registry with the command you posted.

Thank you for running the test and posting the log file. I think I have worked out the issue, it's a simple off-by-one error, but it only happens with IMC muxing and PCH/ICH muxing is not affected by it. The DL580 G7 is the first system I have implemented IMC muxing for which is why this did not come to light before.

I have adjusted the attached SIV64X 5.47 Swap-01 please will you check how it does?

Last edited by red-ray on 2020-03-01, 18:31. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 367 of 1037, by CoffeeOne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
red-ray wrote on 2020-03-01, 16:50:
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-03-01, 16:06:

All I did after the first run is deleting something from the registry with the command you posted.

Thank you for running the test and posting the log file. I think I have worked out the issue, it's a simple off-by-one error, but it only happens with IMC muxing and PCH/ICH muxing is not affected by it. The DL580 G7 is the first system I have implemented IMC muxing for which is why this did not come to light before.

I have adjusted the attached SIV64X 5.47 Swap-01 please will you check how it does?

Thx for update, now the main screen is like that, so should be good for a release.

siv-dl580g7-main.jpg
Filename
siv-dl580g7-main.jpg
File size
478.92 KiB
Views
File license

The range (low and high) of temperatures for some DIMMs is still suspicous (like -256°C), but OK.

save local is attached.

But what about the DIMMs with bad SPD?
I should be able to identify it (with the help of SIV), right?
Do I have any disadvantage from it?
I could easily replace it, because server DD3 RAM 1333 is cheap at ebay.

Attachments

• Filename
    SIV64X-save.zip
    File size
    354.83 KiB
    Downloads
    40 downloads
    File license

Reply 368 of 1037, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-03-01, 17:22:

But what about the DIMMs with bad SPD?
I should be able to identify it (with the help of SIV), right?
Do I have any disadvantage from it?

Thank you for you testing and I will plan to release Beta-01 later this evening. Once I have released it then we can look at the wayward temperatures. Ii would be good to get a screen shot of Menu->Edit->View STC Info with the plots full so I can see how well SIV is working and I wonder how long Menu->Machine->Memory Areas will take on a system with 512GB on memory, on this system using 53.93GB it takes 17.063 seconds for the first run an 4.375 thereafter.

Were it my system I would get such as https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/372968708861 and swap out the ones with bad SPD. The Elpida EBJ81RF4BCFD-DJ-F 0 should be easy to spot, but the others not so. Once I have released Beta-01 if you generate a new save file I will double check the same DIMMs have the issue and try to deduce which slots they are in. What slot if the Elpida in? I suspect Memory Board 1, DIMM 5D.

Reply 369 of 1037, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

should be good for a release.

I have now released Beta-01 and am wondering if you press [ Zero ] on [ DIMM Status ] how long is it before you get the odd strange temperature please?

file.php?id=77971

Attachments

• RED.png
    Filename
    RED.png
    File size
    49.21 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 370 of 1037, by CoffeeOne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
red-ray wrote on 2020-03-01, 19:42:
I have now released Beta-01 and am wondering if you press [ Zero ] on [ DIMM Status ] how long is it before you get the odd stra […]
Show full quote

should be good for a release.

I have now released Beta-01 and am wondering if you press [ Zero ] on [ DIMM Status ] how long is it before you get the odd strange temperature please?

file.php?id=77971

OK, I will attach the save local

About DIMM Status, hard to tell, after first zero, there was a -170° after maybe 5 seconds, after again pressing zero after 1 minute, this:

dimm-status.jpg
Filename
dimm-status.jpg
File size
263.21 KiB
Views
File license

All 64 cannot be shown in one screen with my setting.

Attachments

• Filename
    SIV64X-beta-save.zip
    File size
    354.58 KiB
    Downloads
    40 downloads
    File license

Reply 371 of 1037, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-03-01, 20:11:

Yes, that is why there is a scroll bar on the right. The panel is 1008 x 1278 and your screen is only 1920 x 1080 so SIV added the scroll bar.

I am still pondering the strange temperatures, does HWiNFO also get them?

Reply 372 of 1037, by CoffeeOne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
red-ray wrote on 2020-03-01, 21:17:

Yes, that is why there is a scroll bar on the right. The panel is 1008 x 1278 and your screen is only 1920 x 1080 so SIV added the scroll bar.

hwinfo does not have that issue, see the first 50 dimms:

hwinfo-dimm-temp.jpg
Filename
hwinfo-dimm-temp.jpg
File size
202.97 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 373 of 1037, by CoffeeOne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
red-ray wrote on 2020-03-01, 21:17:

Hi Ray,
I hope you can figure out the temperature thing on the DL580 G7

Nevertheless, I switch to an older computer (very nice one of course):
Compaq Proliant ML370 Tower.

I ran the latest beta version, unfortunately I have to stick to the 32 bit version now: :DDD
Here is the main screen:

siv-ml370-main.JPG
Filename
siv-ml370-main.JPG
File size
93.94 KiB
Views
File license

Save local is attached.

So where is the SPD info? Only 4 modules this time.
The type of RAM is not shown.
Also the hardware RAID controller is not supported (not a big surprise though), the disks are on a smart array 431. By the way there are 3 raid controllers in the machine (that makes no sense, but I did not want to throw them away)
Other things missing I have to check out. Where is the graphics card? It's an onboard ATI Rage Pro based one with 4MB, should be pretty standard, shouldn't it?

No crashed and the info on the main page is already nice, maybe you can add the compaq logo on the main page.

Attachments

• Filename
    SIV32L-ml370-1.zip
    File size
    183.98 KiB
    Downloads
    42 downloads
    File license

Reply 374 of 1037, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-03-02, 19:59:

So where is the SPD info? Only 4 modules this time. The type of RAM is not shown.
Where is the graphics card? It's an onboard ATI Rage Pro based one with 4MB, should be pretty standard, shouldn't it?

Thank you for the new post and SIV save files. I have reworked [ DIMM Status ] so all 64 DIMMs should fit on the screen by omitting some of the information that is the same as on [ SPD Summary ], but I am still thinking about the strange values.

The system uses the ServerWorks CNB20-LE PCI to AGP Bridge and we have no information for at all this limits what is possible. The SPD is absent as the ServerWorks OSB4 PCI to ISA Bridge SMBus I/O port is zero (see [ 0 - 15 - 0 ] on [ PCI Bus]). I wonder, is there a BIOS setup option to enable the SMBus? Checking the SIV saves from HP NetServer + Dell 4400/733 they also have the OSB4 with the I/O Port being such as 0x0580.

I have adjusted the attached SIV32L 5.47 Rage-02 such that it should report the ATI Rage 3D IIC PCI [Mach64 GT IIC] clocks, does it please?

I am wondering what machine you will next try SIV on, an Itanium 9300 (Tukwila) would be interesting 😀

Last edited by red-ray on 2020-03-04, 09:02. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 375 of 1037, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-03-01, 21:25:

hwinfo does not have that issue, see the first 50 dimms

Thank you for checking this out and I still can't see why SIV get's the issue and wonder if it's down to timing. SIV does each SMBus transfer with one call into the driver and HWiNFO makes several so maybe SIV is "too fast".

I have made some changes to the attached SIV64X 5.47 Keep-02 that should provide some insight so please may I have a new save file.

It also should reduce the load on the Sensor Thread so could I also have a .PNG screen shot of Menu->Edit->View STC Info. Please use .PNG for screen shots as .JPG ones are relatively fuzzy.

Last edited by red-ray on 2020-03-07, 14:30. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 376 of 1037, by CoffeeOne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
red-ray wrote on 2020-03-02, 22:57:
Thank you for the new post and SIV save files. I have reworked [ DIMM Status ] so all 64 DIMMs should fit on the screen by omitt […]
Show full quote
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-03-02, 19:59:

So where is the SPD info? Only 4 modules this time. The type of RAM is not shown.
Where is the graphics card? It's an onboard ATI Rage Pro based one with 4MB, should be pretty standard, shouldn't it?

Thank you for the new post and SIV save files. I have reworked [ DIMM Status ] so all 64 DIMMs should fit on the screen by omitting some of the information that is the same as on [ SPD Summary ], but I am still thinking about the strange values.

The system uses the ServerWorks CNB20-LE PCI to AGP Bridge and we have no information for at all this limits what is possible. The SPD is absent as the ServerWorks OSB4 PCI to ISA Bridge SMBus I/O port is zero (see [ 0 - 15 - 0 ] on [ PCI Bus]). I wonder, is there a BIOS setup option to enable the SMBus? Checking the SIV saves from HP NetServer + Dell 4400/733 they also have the OSB4 with the I/O Port being such as 0x0580.

I have adjusted the attached SIV32L 5.47 Rage-02 such that it should report the ATI Rage 3D IIC PCI [Mach64 GT IIC] clocks, does it please?

I am wondering what machine you will next try SIV on, an Itanium 9300 (Tukwila) would be interesting 😀

Hello,

Rage II is listed in GPU info

Filename
gpu.PNG
File size
8.1 KiB
Downloads
No downloads
File license

But isn't it mentioned normally on the main page, too?

main.PNG
Filename
main.PNG
File size
25.05 KiB
Views
File license

save local attached

Attachments

Reply 377 of 1037, by CoffeeOne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
red-ray wrote on 2020-03-03, 07:53:
Thank you for checking this out and I still can't see why SIV get's the issue and wonder if it's down to timing. SIV does each S […]
Show full quote
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-03-01, 21:25:

hwinfo does not have that issue, see the first 50 dimms

Thank you for checking this out and I still can't see why SIV get's the issue and wonder if it's down to timing. SIV does each SMBus transfer with one call into the driver and HWiNFO makes several so maybe SIV is "too fast".

I have made some changes to the attached SIV64X 5.47 Keep-02 that should provide some insight so please may I have a new save file.

It also should reduce the load on the Sensor Thread so could I also have a .PNG screen shot of Menu->Edit->View STC Info. Please use .PNG for screen shots as .JPG ones are relatively fuzzy.

stc info:

stc-info.png
Filename
stc-info.png
File size
64.06 KiB
Views
File license

Save local is attached

Attachments

• Filename
    SIV64Xkeep02-save.zip
    File size
    353.26 KiB
    Downloads
    40 downloads
    File license

Reply 378 of 1037, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-03-03, 21:08:

Rage II is listed in GPU info, But isn't it mentioned normally on the main page, too?

Thank you for running the test and the GPU names are not listed on the main panel, but if you hover the mouse over the GPU-0 the Tooptip should report it.

Reply 379 of 1037, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CoffeeOne wrote on 2020-03-03, 21:26:

stc info:

Thank you, I can see the Sensor Thread Load is now 57% which is what I was hoping for. Looking in the save file at [ DIMM Status ] then I don't see any wacky temperatures, but SIV had only been running for 28 seconds and done 14 updates. Please will you post a screen shot of [ DIMM Status ] after SIV has been running for at least 5 minutes and the sample counts are >= 150. I don't need a save file.

I am wondering if I need to get SIV to delay for a few ms after switching the SMBus mux so please try the attached SIV64X 5.47 Slug-02 that does this. Again post [ DIMM Status ] after SIV has been running for at lest 5 minutes and then generate a new save file.

Last edited by red-ray on 2020-03-07, 14:29. Edited 1 time in total.