VOGONS

First post, by Godlike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Greetings! I recently recapped and restore GA-7IXE4 motherboard because of ongoing 2000 gaming project build. Everything works just fine I am happy with it.
The thing is I would like to 24h stress test this mainboard and looking for continious benchmarking 3D software. I really would like to use 3DMark 2000. but this one doesn't have continious test option in it. OR I missed something 😀 I seek for equivalent thing any suggestions folks? PS: I'll share with you soon project build report to share passion and experience.

5xv2YSm.png
ASUS P2B-F, PII 450Mhz, 128MB-SDR, 3Dfx Diamond Monster 3D II SLI, Matrox Millennium II AGP, Diamond Monster Sound MX300

Reply 2 of 4, by H3nrik V!

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

IIRC 3DMark2001 did have that feature, at least in the licensed version .. But hey, Futuremark a actually gives away the license when downloading ..

Please use the "quote" option if asking questions to what I write - it will really up the chances of me noticing 😀

Reply 3 of 4, by wirerogue

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

3dmark 2000 has that under #3 test options. check the looping box.

3d.mark.2000.jpg
Filename
3d.mark.2000.jpg
File size
29.25 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 4 of 4, by Godlike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you guys for your replies. wirerogue this is just what I was looking for. I haven't use old 3D Marks for ages and I new I missed out something. Quake 2 I think has build in continious demo, but too old GPU test for Radon R6 DDR 64MB.
I done test on socket A motherboard and Athlon 1GHZ (A950 OCed) and got 4005 score in maxed out 1024x768x32 3DMark 2000 which is not too bad. I know Geforce2 GTS/Ti/Ultra will be the thing, but it's not only about how fast retro gear could be. Again thanks for your help and if you have similar build you can share your thoughts about it. I am going to build 2000 gaming PC soon, once I do computer case restoration. All internals are ready to go, I am going to record video about it.
The main reason of building such configuration is playing Half-Life and Custom Games (singleplayer modifiacations). Also in this build will be Sound Blaster Live! CT4620, because my client ask for it as he has this audio card back in the day, of course it is not sound as good as aureal vortex 2 in games, but is has decent sound as well. Regards
PS: Futuremark give away full access to legacy benchmarks. they can be found on Philscomputerlab website with licence passwords

5xv2YSm.png
ASUS P2B-F, PII 450Mhz, 128MB-SDR, 3Dfx Diamond Monster 3D II SLI, Matrox Millennium II AGP, Diamond Monster Sound MX300