VOGONS

First post, by pewpewpew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This one has quite slipped off the internet. Who was WT24PRO? Does anyone recognize it under another name?

This unit came from a DIY-build ASUS M2NBP-VM A64X2 4200+ that I retired in 2017, and IIRC, it came here in 2013 via two hand-me-downs. This PSU is the correct year, so is possibly the original and served well.

The DO NOT OPEN warning is in ENGLISH-GERMAN, and there's a TÜV logo in the set.

Attachments

Reply 3 of 6, by pewpewpew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

EDIT [getting old here - my eyes skip things]

Thank you . Missed that part.

All I get from Google is WT24PRO listed once inside an simple product list, "October_2008.xlsx", on a malware site. Three years ago there was only an Ebay listing, as part of group of six mixed brand PSUs.

FWIW, that XLSX seems to be just a product list from "Eagle PC Computer Products 8764 Paulsen Road Black Creek Phone: (403) 291-2103 Fax: (403) 291-1523 1-Oct-08" and contains only "BEST Power 500W Dual 80mm Fan 2theMAX WT24PRO 500W 20+4Pin 12cm RaidMax 420W Dual Fan Power supply Retail Box"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2the_Max
Products
Most products carry the 2the Max brand. The company is best known for motherboards and power supplies. Some power supplies are traded under a different brand, MaxPower (牛魔王), and Maxtron (勁量牛).

archive.org has 2the Max, but I'm not finding similar yet. Will check this further tomorrow. (2AM here. cheers.)
https://web.archive.org/web/20060901100134/ht … er_mp_main.html

Reply 4 of 6, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

mvuHDqM.gif?noredirect

I sincerely doubt that design is capable of 500W, certainly not while staying in spec. It's a textbook lesson in sacrificing everything in the name of cost.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 5 of 6, by pewpewpew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

But /almost/ everything. It's trimmed everywhere yet they gave it honking sinks and fans. I find that rather intriguing. I think someone may have been pushing to deliver a successful really cheap PSU. Though heck-yeah, I wouldn't want to approach 500W with that.

Reply 6 of 6, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's weird in other ways. Why the two huge diodes with two smaller Schottky jobs? Did they just use what they had in the bin?

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder