VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Thanny

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've just installed this for replaying TR1 on my modern rig, so I don't have to build a PC from spare parts and put my old PowerVR card in it.

It seems to be working, but I have a 30" widescreen LCD, and a 1600x1200 window is a bit small. The current nVidia driver for the 8800GTX is broken with regards to LCD scaling, so fullscreen isn't an option - it would be stretched horizontally.

Is there any way to force it to a higher resolution window, like 1920x1440 or 2048x1536?

Reply 1 of 3, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Its not ideal, but there is at least an option to make it use a correctly proportioned subarea of the screen without changing mode. You get this by selecting "Inhibit mode change" which works only when the Direct3D option is selected.

Reply 2 of 3, by Belgianfilmfreak

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dear sir Glidos, is there a way that I can force the resolutions into 1920x1200? The maximum is 1600x1200 (I do have a back-up plan, which is to reduce my PC's resolution to 1600x1200, thus matching the maximum resolution of the game).

Thanks for your feedback! 😀
Love the tool, by the way, it's really super-neat! 😀

Reply 3 of 3, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi Ken. The difficulty there is that the game itself is still generating the textured triangles that make up the display of the game scenes, and it cannot generate those outside it's original 4x3 view. 1600x1200 is optimal for a 1920x1200 display. You should have "Inhibit mode change" checked. You'll have black bars to the left and right.

If, instead, you force your PC resolution to 1600x1200, you'll a fat Lara. 😀