VOGONS

First post, by user33331

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello
I thought I would order a basic Winfast A310 FX5600 AGP for my AMD PC from www.electromyne.de.
- The photo on site shows an original Winfast A310 FX5600 256mb AGP. Ok nice.
- But the frankenstein I received is something horrible. 🙁
Does anyone know from what Geforce 3,4,5 card that 80x54mm passive heatsink is taken from ?
- ElanVital model C5010T12L 50mm 3-pin fan seems to be taken off from Pentium slot-1 processor cooler.

Here is a photo after cleaning those 20 year old arctic silvers from heat sink.

Attachments

Last edited by user33331 on 2020-05-25, 12:30. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4 of 42, by user33331

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Waited 1 day no answer.
I lost hope on them and will order from ebay next time to save time and money.

Last edited by user33331 on 2020-05-25, 12:43. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 5 of 42, by canthearu

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

🤣, welcome to stuff that happens on ebay.

Ordered an nvidia geforce 4-4200ti .... heatsink that was supplied was loose and didn't even fit the graphics card, wrong mounting holes!

I kept that card because I had a spare cooler I could chuck onto it and got the card really cheap, got a partial refund from seller.

Reply 6 of 42, by user33331

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

"🤣, welcome to stuff that happens on ebay."
www.electromyne.de. should be a professional IT store or so it seems ?
I don't know anymore.

Last edited by user33331 on 2020-05-25, 12:45. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 7 of 42, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sadly this sees to be a regular thing with them. I received visually damaged CPUs from them once that certainly did't pass any tests.
I have also often read people praise their refund process after receiving broken parts. Having comments like this pop up rather frequently does not indicate good QC imho. To me it appears they hope the article works and refund if it doesn't.

On a side note I stopped watching Phil's videos when I noticed he would delete negative feedback about electromyne.
He even edited out part of an uploaded video in youtube when people started pointing out the card he'd received for free (in exchange for promotion) had visually damaged capacitors and removed those comments as well.

Reply 8 of 42, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
user33331 wrote on 2020-05-25, 12:45:

"🤣, welcome to stuff that happens on ebay."
www.electromyne.de. should be a professional IT store or so it seems ?

Well, not going to judge whether or not they are "professional", but from their website I assume they buy large stocks of scrap lots (like those you often find on eaby), refurbish what still works, and resell the pieces.

Anyway, you have a 30-day right of withdrawal, so you can just return the item.

Reply 9 of 42, by user33331

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok if it works 100% I'll refurbish this myself.
Would have liked an original A310 with those nice Winfast cooler designs and all.

I'm planning to add a proper copper Titan-cooler and tastyful heatsinks on memory chips both sides: top+bottom.
- I think this graphic card has suffered already so much that it deserves pampering 😀

So unhappy with electromyne. Lost my trust on this one.
Not sending it back so they can ruin it again. 😜

Reply 10 of 42, by canthearu

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
user33331 wrote on 2020-05-25, 13:08:

Would have liked an original A310 with those nice Winfast cooler designs and all.

Yeah, it is pretty crappy when you received half assed crap like that from ebay, and I do absolutely agree that they shouldn't be sending it out to you like this.

But yeah, now it is said and done, you gotta decide to keep or return. Often just having a good working item is worth enough to finish doing the repairs yourself and keep the item. Another example that I have experienced is that the seller recaps the card, but using just as crappy capacitors and doesn't have a hot enough iron to solder them properly. I just got a partial refund for that too and recapped the card with decent capacitors I had laying around, making sure they were soldered properly.

In any case, definitely fight for some kind of at least a partial refund if you keep the item, or full refund if you send it back, you didn't get what you were meant to get, and they need to make you whole in some capacity.

Reply 11 of 42, by Swiego

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Doornkaat wrote on 2020-05-25, 12:45:

On a side note I stopped watching Phil's videos when I noticed he would delete negative feedback about electromyne.
He even edited out part of an uploaded video in youtube when people started pointing out the card he'd received for free (in exchange for promotion) had visually damaged capacitors and removed those comments as well.

This is disappointing to learn.

Reply 12 of 42, by CHiLL72

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

From the limited experience I have with the coolers that were on the Leadtek Winfast graphics cards I have learned that the fans were of rather low quality and needed replacement rather quickly. I once claimed a new cooler under warranty from Leadtek for a Winfast A250 Ultra TD GeForce4 Ti 4600, but they sent me a very basic cooler in return that would only cover the GPU and not the RAM, like the original dual-fan cooler did. So maybe, just maybe, the people at Electromyne did test your card, decided the cooler was bad and replaced it with whatever they had available.
I have never ordered from Electromyne, so I do not speak from personal experience in dealing with them.

Waveblaster MIDI boards: https://waveblaster.nl - online now!

Reply 13 of 42, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
CHiLL72 wrote on 2020-05-25, 18:27:

From the limited experience I have with the coolers that were on the Leadtek Winfast graphics cards I have learned that the fans were of rather low quality and needed replacement rather quickly. I once claimed a new cooler under warranty from Leadtek for a Winfast A250 Ultra TD GeForce4 Ti 4600, but they sent me a very basic cooler in return that would only cover the GPU and not the RAM, like the original dual-fan cooler did. So maybe, just maybe, the people at Electromyne did test your card, decided the cooler was bad and replaced it with whatever they had available.
I have never ordered from Electromyne, so I do not speak from personal experience in dealing with them.

There should always be a disclaimer if the photo on the ad does not match items being sold . I, for one, would not buy it in such a case unless it's something generic (like an adapter or maybe old RAM) .

Reply 14 of 42, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Swiego wrote on 2020-05-25, 17:31:
Doornkaat wrote on 2020-05-25, 12:45:

This is disappointing to learn.

Well, I just went back to the video and the parts are included again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brW7MCppBns
At least some of the comments have been republished as well. Maybe he had a change of heart. Still the whole ordeal leaves me with a bad aftertaste. 🙁

Reply 15 of 42, by Nemo1985

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I ordered from electromyne at least 5 times, but cpus or ram only.
The picture on the the details of the products are for reference only, they never match the actual product.
Yes the feedbacks on their website are probably fake (the old woman that says you can order spare parts for older pc? 🤣)
Also stuff is sometimes overpriced but despite of that I never had any issue except 2 socket a cpu (the first thunderbirds and durons before the organic package) the die was chipped in one side, but despite of this they worked fine.

Reply 16 of 42, by ShovelKnight

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Haven’t had any problems with Electromyne until now. Ordered a PC speaker from them and this is what I received:

F61DE32D-77BD-4D7F-979F-F694AA9D2152.jpeg
Filename
F61DE32D-77BD-4D7F-979F-F694AA9D2152.jpeg
File size
1.53 MiB
Views
File license
GPL-2.0-or-later

Clearly not tested for perfect function by a German technician! I could easily solder the black wire back, but the piece of plastic that holds the leads coming from the voice coil is broken, and there’s no easy fix for that.

Reply 17 of 42, by 1541

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It appears that this site is not good for the reputation of "German technicians" 😁
Or think it the other way round: you only get partly working parts in order to improve your retro skills and knowledge 😁

💾 Windows 9x resources (drivers, tools, NUSB,...) 💾

Reply 18 of 42, by boxpressed

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Could be a typo. Might be "Merman" technicians. Webbed hands not a plus for working with old electronics. Plus the water thing.

270623FF-8B49-41AA-A1FB-2950DFA9B364.jpeg
Filename
270623FF-8B49-41AA-A1FB-2950DFA9B364.jpeg
File size
12.31 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Reply 19 of 42, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

🤣 electromyne is not even a technican, its just a guy with a lot of scrap..

Just look at the reviews on their site. 🤣.

A Taxi Driver is telling us the PowerSupply he buyed is very high Quality.
Can a Taxi Driver really tell the difference between 20$ ATX and a HQ one ?

https://www.retrokits.de - blog, retro projects, hdd clicker, diy soundcards etc
https://www.retroianer.de - german retro computer board