VOGONS

VOGONS Driver Library

Topic actions

Reply 920 of 1461, by luckarusky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Saluations! I'm a graphics artist and aspiring computer technician who's taking his trade on the road in a few years. I've already helped build douzens of computer for people, and aid regularly with troubleshooting. Soon I'll be decking out a van as a traveling workshop, and would like to be able to use vintage technology I find along the way.

One of the obstycles of using older tech is having the drivers to use them. Setting up a proper windows XP and Win98 machine isn't terribly problematic using laptop docking bays. What IS a bit more complex is having the drivers to utilize many older accessories. So I would like to use WinHTTrack to create an archive from the following link. https://www.vogonsdrivers.com/ My buisness Email is [Deleted], but PM can also be used if that's secure for a login and password to create my archive of device drivers. The admins can be assured I'll put those drivers to good use!

Sincerely,

Jordan Scherr

Last edited by Stiletto on 2020-05-29, 21:18. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 921 of 1461, by rjbrown99

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just picked up a SIIG IO-1809 ISA controller from eBay, new old stock. Came with a manual so I took the time to scan it to PDF, please find it attached.

I would like to upload to Vogons Driver Library but I don't have permission. Could someone here please upload? I wasn't able to find this document online elsewhere. Thank you.

Attachments

• Filename
    SIIG_IO-1809.zip
    File size
    4.41 MiB
    Downloads
    70 downloads
    File comment
    SIIG IO-1809 Manual
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 922 of 1461, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
luckarusky wrote on 2020-05-29, 04:04:

So I would like to use WinHTTrack to create an archive from the following link. https://www.vogonsdrivers.com/

Merged to main thread.

SquallStrife is who you'll want to talk to, he's the lone admin of VOGONSDrivers. Sending a PM should be fine. Maybe you can work out something, but he usually doesn't grant login username/password if they aren't an established VOGONS community member. That said, you shouldn't need an account there just to download.

Deleted your email address as a spam prevention measure.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 923 of 1461, by luckarusky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Stiletto wrote on 2020-05-29, 21:18:
Merged to main thread. […]
Show full quote

So I would like to use WinHTTrack to create an archive from the following link. https://www.vogonsdrivers.com/

Merged to main thread.

SquallStrife is who you'll want to talk to, he's the lone admin of VOGONSDrivers. Sending a PM should be fine. Maybe you can work out something, but he usually doesn't grant login username/password if they aren't an established VOGONS community member. That said, you shouldn't need an account there just to download.

I just now attempted to send a private message. Apparently the system doesn't like new members either since it won't let me compose anything. It would be awesome if you can inform him of my request.
If he's wondering who I am, I'm a thirty-five year old graphics designer by formal education. My passion has always been for technology in general though, and I was a 90s kid growing up. So I've got plentiful memories of computer tech becoming mainstream. (My dad is a software engineer, so we always had the latest stuff.) So no, he wouldn't be giving password information to some overly curious twelve year old. I'm and actual computer enthusiast who's branching out into repair, and will be in a good situation to use old tech as I come across them.

Reply 924 of 1461, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
luckarusky wrote on 2020-05-29, 23:38:

I just now attempted to send a private message. Apparently the system doesn't like new members either since it won't let me compose anything. It would be awesome if you can inform him of my request.
If he's wondering who I am, I'm a thirty-five year old graphics designer by formal education. My passion has always been for technology in general though, and I was a 90s kid growing up. So I've got plentiful memories of computer tech becoming mainstream. (My dad is a software engineer, so we always had the latest stuff.) So no, he wouldn't be giving password information to some overly curious twelve year old. I'm and actual computer enthusiast who's branching out into repair, and will be in a good situation to use old tech as I come across them.

Another trick is to quote him so he hopefully sees the notification.

SquallStrife wrote on 2020-05-28, 01:08:

Pretty much.

Not until we have a better hosting situation anyway. 😉

Ping!

Reply 925 of 1461, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
zPacKRat wrote on 2020-05-29, 03:58:

So, since I'm the efn new guy, here's a google drive link to the contents of the FIC PA-2013 v2 CD, quite small.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Td5bd … 2bs?usp=sharing

Thanks ! will add it to the Library. Wow yes it is smaller than I thought it would be !

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 926 of 1461, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
rjbrown99 wrote on 2020-05-29, 20:49:

I just picked up a SIIG IO-1809 ISA controller from eBay, new old stock. Came with a manual so I took the time to scan it to PDF, please find it attached.

I would like to upload to Vogons Driver Library but I don't have permission. Could someone here please upload? I wasn't able to find this document online elsewhere. Thank you.

Thanks ! will add it to Library after finding a decent picture to include.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 927 of 1461, by luckarusky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Pierre32 wrote on 2020-05-29, 23:51:
Another trick is to quote him so he hopefully sees the notification. […]
Show full quote
luckarusky wrote on 2020-05-29, 23:38:

Another trick is to quote him so he hopefully sees the notification.

Pretty much.

Ping!

Quoted with a link to this thread! Thanks for the suggestion.

Reply 928 of 1461, by luckarusky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Saluations! I'm a graphics artist and aspiring computer technician who's taking his trade on the road in a few years. I've alrea […]
Show full quote

Saluations! I'm a graphics artist and aspiring computer technician who's taking his trade on the road in a few years. I've already helped build douzens of computer for people, and aid regularly with troubleshooting. Soon I'll be decking out a van as a traveling workshop, and would like to be able to use vintage technology I find along the way.

One of the obstycles of using older tech is having the drivers to use them. Setting up a proper windows XP and Win98 machine isn't terribly problematic using laptop docking bays. What IS a bit more complex is having the drivers to utilize many older accessories. So I would like to use WinHTTrack to create an archive from the following link. https://www.vogonsdrivers.com/ My buisness Email is [Deleted], but PM can also be used if that's secure for a login and password to create my archive of device drivers. The admins can be assured I'll put those drivers to good use!

Sincerely,

Jordan Scherr

P.S. MS DOS is definitively on that retro list as well. It's just going to take a bit more work and learning setting up proper ISA slots. But I already have the laptop and means of accessing it's expansion bay. (The docking station for it is hideously expensive!)

Reply 929 of 1461, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Let me know if the uploads look accurate to your files, Thanks !
http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/index.php?catid=1&menustate=0,0

Reply 930 of 1461, by rjbrown99

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Horun wrote on 2020-05-30, 01:37:
Let me know if the uploads look accurate to your files, Thanks ! http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/index.php?catid=1&menustate=0,0 […]
Show full quote

Looks accurate, and here are pictures if you are interested.

Attachments

• SIIG_back.jpg
    Filename
    SIIG_back.jpg
    File size
    201.22 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    SIIG IO-1809 back
    File license
    Public domain
  • SIIG_front.jpg
    Filename
    SIIG_front.jpg
    File size
    171.71 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    SIIG IO-1809 front
    File license
    Public domain
  • SIIG_box_back.jpg
    Filename
    SIIG_box_back.jpg
    File size
    251.17 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    SIIG IO-1809 box back
    File license
    Public domain
  • SIIG_box_front.jpg
    Filename
    SIIG_box_front.jpg
    File size
    233.18 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    SIIG IO-1809 box front
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 931 of 1461, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Show full quote

Merged to main thread.

Assuming SquallStrife agrees, if you're going to be using that much bandwidth (archiving the whole library), you may want to consider donating a small amount to help offset the hosting/bandwidth costs, if you are able . See http://vogonsdrivers.com/donate.php . This is just my two cents worth of a suggestion .

Reply 932 of 1461, by zPacKRat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Horun wrote on 2020-05-30, 01:37:
Let me know if the uploads look accurate to your files, Thanks ! http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/index.php?catid=1&menustate=0,0 […]
Show full quote

Looks good, thanks for putting it up!

Reply 933 of 1461, by luckarusky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

And done! $5.00 Australian dollars is what I can spare at this time. I'll pay a bit more when I can afford it if necessary.

darry wrote on 2020-05-30, 14:56:
Show full quote

Merged to main thread.

Assuming SquallStrife agrees, if you're going to be using that much bandwidth (archiving the whole library), you may want to consider donating a small amount to help offset the hosting/bandwidth costs, if you are able . See http://vogonsdrivers.com/donate.php . This is just my two cents worth of a suggestion .

Reply 934 of 1461, by luckarusky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I should also note that, once archived, updating will be a lot simpler. The program will compare and update any data that has either changed or been added. So the bulk of the downloading need only happen once.

Reply 935 of 1461, by luckarusky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Horun wrote on 2020-05-27, 23:56:

Yes some stuff there would be good to add but if it all took up many Gigs of space not sure SquallStrife would approve since they are on two other sites already.

Pretty much.

I actually donated funds to the Driver Library site, and am willing to donate more if it would offset the bandwidth costs of my download/archive. It helps I only need to do the mass download once. What follows is upkeep and updates to the resulting archive.

Reply 936 of 1461, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Its not driver.. but it could get handy to others, there is my Windows 98 demos package, they are harder and harder to find, often slow to download - 175 games:
https://www.win-raid.com/t6017f53-Windows-SE- … .html#msg113685

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 937 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I appreciate your reaching out to me about this, rather than just jumping in and going for it. I also appreciate your generous donation, thank you so much!

The hesitations I have are these:

- If I say one person can mirror the site, then I can't say that I don't want anyone else mirroring the site, and then it's game over.
- If I say people can pay money to get some form of access, then I've broken the "no premium features or paywalls ever" promise I made when starting the site.

Donations are very much appreciated, as always, and they all go into a dedicated account that is used to pay the monthly hosting bill (and if that account is empty, then I pay from my own pocket).

I guess I can open up the question to the community, would you see it as acceptable to have a paid tier with, say, FTP access to the archive (in addition to the existing FTP upload system), or something along those lines?

The monthly fee would be something small, a few dollars, but there would need to be enough people onboard to make it viable for me to move to a dedicated host before these things would be possible.

What are your thoughts?

luckarusky: I might be able to work something out for you in the short term, and offer a better longer-term solution after an upgrade.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 938 of 1461, by luckarusky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
SquallStrife wrote on 2020-06-01, 07:50:
I appreciate your reaching out to me about this, rather than just jumping in and going for it. I also appreciate your generous d […]
Show full quote

I appreciate your reaching out to me about this, rather than just jumping in and going for it. I also appreciate your generous donation, thank you so much!

The hesitations I have are these:

- If I say one person can mirror the site, then I can't say that I don't want anyone else mirroring the site, and then it's game over.
- If I say people can pay money to get some form of access, then I've broken the "no premium features or paywalls ever" promise I made when starting the site.

Donations are very much appreciated, as always, and they all go into a dedicated account that is used to pay the monthly hosting bill (and if that account is empty, then I pay from my own pocket).

I guess I can open up the question to the community, would you see it as acceptable to have a paid tier with, say, FTP access to the archive (in addition to the existing FTP upload system), or something along those lines?

The monthly fee would be something small, a few dollars, but there would need to be enough people onboard to make it viable for me to move to a dedicated host before these things would be possible.

What are your thoughts?

luckarusky: I might be able to work something out for you in the short term, and offer a better longer-term solution after an upgrade.

The consideration is appreciated. If such can be arranged, I'll make good use of the driver archive and make sure I have retro computers that can utilize them, and any hardware I come across.

Reply 939 of 1461, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What about something like this... You have people volunteer to set up ftp mirrors?

There would just need to be some sort of automation set up to keep stuff up to date.

I know I could do so with my connection and I am planning on setting up a larger ftp anyway.

I can't guarantee that download speeds will be super awesome from me since I only have a 50Mb/s upload speed and I would have to limit that some to keep everything like cloud backups and other stuff running smoothly on my end.

SquallStrife -- would it be cheaper for you to own a dedicated host and then you just rent the rack space? Not sure how that works as I have never looked into it. Guessing it may not be so great as then you would have to worry about maintenance on said host as well.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK