VOGONS

DOSBox ECE (for Windows & Linux)

Topic actions

Reply 1041 of 1550, by inukaze

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there, where i can download the latest source code of dosbox-ece ? i want to compile under GNU/Linux, but i don't see where is a link in the latest version, the latest link i found was -> https://dosbox.yesterplay80.net/DOSBox%20ECE%20r4141.7z

But that version i know is old.

Reply 1043 of 1550, by inukaze

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you very much, i can't compile under Slackware64 14.2.

Output of Error :

make[4]: se entra en el directorio '/media/Compartido/Liñux/cdf/dosbox-ece/src/hardware'
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -O2 -fPIC -march=native -mtune=native -pipe -mno-ms-bitfields -MT glide.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/glide.Tpo -c -o glide.o glide.cpp
mv -f .deps/glide.Tpo .deps/glide.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -O2 -fPIC -march=native -mtune=native -pipe -mno-ms-bitfields -MT voodoo_emu.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/voodoo_emu.Tpo -c -o voodoo_emu.o voodoo_emu.cpp
In file included from voodoo_opengl.h:33:0,
from voodoo_emu.cpp:81:
voodoo_vogl.h:28:34: error: ‘void (* glActiveTextureARB)(GLenum)’ redeclarado como un tipo diferente de símbolo
extern PFNGLACTIVETEXTUREARBPROC glActiveTextureARB;
^
In file included from /usr/include/SDL/SDL_opengl.h:46:0,
from voodoo_vogl.h:24,
from voodoo_opengl.h:33,
/usr/include/GL/gl.h:1971:23: nota: previous declaration ‘void glActiveTextureARB(GLenum)’
GLAPI void GLAPIENTRY glActiveTextureARB(GLenum texture);
^
voodoo_vogl.h:29:36: error: ‘void (* glMultiTexCoord4fARB)(GLenum, GLfloat, GLfloat, GLfloat, GLfloat)’ redeclarado como un tipo diferente de símbolo
extern PFNGLMULTITEXCOORD4FARBPROC glMultiTexCoord4fARB;
^
/usr/include/GL/gl.h:1999:23: nota: previous declaration ‘void glMultiTexCoord4fARB(GLenum, GLfloat, GLfloat, GLfloat, GLfloat)’
GLAPI void GLAPIENTRY glMultiTexCoord4fARB(GLenum target, GLfloat s, GLfloat t, GLfloat r, GLfl
^
voodoo_vogl.h:30:37: error: ‘void (* glMultiTexCoord4fvARB)(GLenum, const GLfloat*)’ redeclarado como un tipo diferente de símbolo
extern PFNGLMULTITEXCOORD4FVARBPROC glMultiTexCoord4fvARB;
^
/usr/include/GL/gl.h:2000:23: nota: previous declaration ‘void glMultiTexCoord4fvARB(GLenum, const GLfloat*)’
GLAPI void GLAPIENTRY glMultiTexCoord4fvARB(GLenum target, const GLfloat *v);
^
Makefile:439: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo 'voodoo_emu.o'
make[4]: *** [voodoo_emu.o] Error 1
make[4]: se sale del directorio '/media/Compartido/Liñux/cdf/dosbox-ece/src/hardware'
Makefile:459: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo 'all-recursive'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: se sale del directorio '/media/Compartido/Liñux/cdf/dosbox-ece/src/hardware'
Makefile:443: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo 'all-recursive'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: se sale del directorio '/media/Compartido/Liñux/cdf/dosbox-ece/src'
Makefile:395: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo 'all-recursive'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: se sale del directorio '/media/Compartido/Liñux/cdf/dosbox-ece'
Makefile:336: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo 'all'
make: *** [all] Error 2

i had downloaded this OpenGLide -> https://github.com/voyageur/openglide , and i put the sdk2 files inside the dosbox-ece subfolder include.

What i should do for make can generate the binary executable file?

Reply 1044 of 1550, by Dracolich

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

inukaze, I also use Slackware64 14.2. Usually there is a separate download for (Linux source) which works fine, but I don't see one for the current version. A while back I made my own patch and shell script files to convert the (source). I used it on the newest version, 4346, just now and it still works. You're welcome to try it, or examine the files and see what it does so you can adapt it to your environment.
If you want to try it, copy both files to where your DOSBox ECE source directory, beside the autogen.sh and configure files, and run the .sh file. First it will try to copy gl.h from the standard location to your DOSBox ECE source directory, then it strips Windows style line endings from autogen.sh. Then it applies the patch file which modifies gl.h, pci_bus.cpp, voodoo_emu.cpp and voodoo_vogl.h to fix some Windows style paths and a few GL settings.
Note that if the files get patched and the build still fails you will have to replace the patched files before trying again.

Attachments

• Filename
    DOSBox_ECE_linux.patch.7z
    File size
    1.26 KiB
    Downloads
    88 downloads
    File comment
    DOSBox ECE source to Linux patch
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1045 of 1550, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There's no separate Linux source file any more because the source should work on both Windows and Linux now. Only the voodoo patch differed anyway and the latest changes to that one should have unified it. So there's no need to copy around gl.h any more, for example, because a new include function does the job of adding it to the code. Also, in my patch the paths you change in your additional patch are already in Linux format:

voodoo_patch.JPG
Filename
voodoo_patch.JPG
File size
26.56 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

UPDATE: Maybe it would have helped to actually use the updated diff file in the building script, too. Sorry, my mistake! I just compiled r4347 on both Windows and Linux using the exact same patch set, so the source should really be identical and working for both now! Thanks for bringing this up!

My full-featured DOSBox SVN builds for Windows & Linux: Vanilla DOSBox and DOSBox ECE (Google Drive Mirror)

Reply 1046 of 1550, by Dracolich

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks, Yesterplay. I made those files two years ago. I just compiled your r4347 and all went well.
I still have to strip the line ending in autogen.sh or else it fails with errors about not being able to execute '\r'; but that's easy to fix with 'mcedit' or 'vim' before compiling, and it might be something that affects Slackware and not other Linux distros. I also like to run 'strip --strip-debug' on the resulting binary to reduce its size from 17MB to 3MB 😀

Reply 1047 of 1550, by eustonr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

Is there any chance of including code to allow more than 2 joysticks? Or more specifically, be able to select which 2 joysticks are used by dosbox?

At the moment dosbox just picks the first 2 connected joysticks. In my arcade cabinet i have 2 aimtrak lightguns connected, which dosbox wrongly picks up as joysticks - so when they are connected, because they are in the device list before my joysticks, they get used by dosbox instead. I'd like to be able to tell dosbox to ignore the lightguns.

There's a program called "devreorder" which allows me to do this with Retroarch - but this works by replacing dinput8.dll. It doesnt work with dosbox, I think, because its not seeing the joysticks over directinput, and I cant see a way of restricting dosbox to just dinput like you can in MAME (for example)

So, I'm after one of 3 things -
1) an option to restrict dosbox to use dinput for joysticks/keyboard (so I could use devreorder)
2) option to select which 2 joysticks are used, or
3) ignore certain devices

Back in 2012, a chap named Ole Jungclaussen did a dosbox patch for number 2 in my list - the patch is here : https://sourceforge.net/p/dosbox/patches/253/

However I dont have the ability to apply the patch and recompile the code in windows 10 - and I cant see anyone else having done it. Could this be included in the ECE version?

Reply 1048 of 1550, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Again, ECE is not supposed to be an everything-including-the-kitchen-sink build. Its intent is to enhance accuracy such as with audio and graphics. More patches tend to increase instability. You could ask one of the more experimental branches such as DOBox-X.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 1049 of 1550, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
eustonr wrote on 2020-05-31, 10:46:

Could this be included in the ECE version?

To be honest, your use case, though it's legit, is so unique that I wouldn't want to risk messing around ECE with that particular patch.

My full-featured DOSBox SVN builds for Windows & Linux: Vanilla DOSBox and DOSBox ECE (Google Drive Mirror)

Reply 1050 of 1550, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
collector wrote on 2020-05-31, 14:12:

Again, ECE is not supposed to be an everything-including-the-kitchen-sink build. Its intent is to enhance accuracy such as with audio and graphics. More patches tend to increase instability. You could ask one of the more experimental branches such as DOBox-X.

Or start with ECE or SVN as a base and make a custom build with your patches applied.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 1051 of 1550, by James-F

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think SVN 4352 broke OPL completely.
No music in Doom, with Nuked-OPL.
It also broke the stereo compatibility of OPL3, even with the Default OPL option.

https://sourceforge.net/p/dosbox/code-0/4352/

my important / useful posts are here

Reply 1054 of 1550, by Ant_222

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Yesterplay80 wrote on 2020-01-29, 08:53:

Honestly, ECEs future doesn't look to bright atm... Maybe it's time to quit and leave the stage to more capable people, who know better what they're doing (I'm looking at DOSBox-X or dosbox-staging).

I concur with the recommendation about dosbox-staging, which already contains opus and the pixel-perfect patch, and am going to try to implement pixel-perfect mode in DOXBox-X too, by way of diversification :-)

Reply 1055 of 1550, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
James-F wrote on 2020-06-09, 04:22:

And thanks to Yesterplay80 for maintaining the ECE edition for years.

You're welcome!

Reply 1058 of 1550, by _Rob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Starfox wrote on 2020-06-11, 10:08:

Hi,

Is there a Dosbox ECE build with Menu out there ?

I have SVN Daum build but this is outdated and some Games won´t run with it.

DOSBox-X has a menu.

Screenshot from 2020-06-11 15-49-06.png
Filename
Screenshot from 2020-06-11 15-49-06.png
File size
14.37 KiB
Views
File license
Screenshot from 2020-06-11 15-50-03.png
Filename
Screenshot from 2020-06-11 15-50-03.png
File size
16.19 KiB
Views
File license
Screenshot from 2020-06-11 15-49-25.png
Filename
Screenshot from 2020-06-11 15-49-25.png
File size
17.87 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 1059 of 1550, by _Rob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
vasya segment wrote on 2020-06-11, 10:28:

Is there going to be support for HDD size > 512 MB in ECE ? I'm not able to mount larger HDD images currently...

Works for me, but I did have to specify the geometry with the -size parameter.

with a 600MB disk:
imgmount c hdd.img -size 512,63,32,609

It seems the geometry autodetect in DOSBox ECE gets it wrong on larger disks. It detected the 600MB disk as 512,63,16,1218 and then failed.