VOGONS

Reply 2321 of 3172, by Whiskey

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi guys

I'm getting a small quantity of brackets made by a local place that does Water-Jet and Laser profile cutting.
They will look like this:

ARGUS_RC1_BK REV2.jpg
Filename
ARGUS_RC1_BK REV2.jpg
File size
20.33 KiB
Views
File license
GPL-2.0-or-later
20200605_115732.jpg
Filename
20200605_115732.jpg
File size
208.55 KiB
Views
File license
GPL-2.0-or-later

EDIT UPDATED FILES TO PRODUCTION VERSION:
I've attached a vector drawing scaled 1:1 to this post if anyone wants to check it over before they get made. Also here is the DXF file if you want to make your own locally to you. Here is the updated spec sheet

The quote I got was thus:

Flat Parts (1.0mm Stainless Steel)
10 off £20 / 25 off £25 / 50 off £35 / 100 off £60

Flat Parts plus additional cost for bending
10 off £35 / 25 off +£45 / 50 off +£60 / 100 off +£100

If there is no other interest I will get 10 made with the bend; equalling £3.50 per bracket (~ €3.84).
As I wont need them all I'll offer the extras to anyone who wants them at the cost of production and postage (no profit).
However if anyone wants in on the order let me know in the next day or so via PM.

Also my RC1 is assembled apart from the OP amp which I'm waiting for a replacement for because I got sent SO8 packages instead of SOIC8 *SMH*

20200605_112810.jpg
Filename
20200605_112810.jpg
File size
1.24 MiB
Views
File license
GPL-2.0-or-later

Attachments

Last edited by Whiskey on 2020-09-08, 11:09. Edited 1 time in total.

I stream retro games every wednesday here & I dump the recordings here

Reply 2324 of 3172, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You won't do any engraving like jack assignment etc., will you?

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 2325 of 3172, by Whiskey

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
hard1k wrote on 2020-06-05, 12:08:

You won't do any engraving like jack assignment etc., will you?

No engraving just plain, I'm afraid hard1k.

6 of the 10 / 9 of the 10 parts / 13?! of the 10 parts are accounted for as of now, I'll keep this open for a day to give people some time to respond.
If there's greater interest could go up to x25 etc.

EDIT: Interest is already over 13 which means I'll be ordering x25 so there's not going to be a shortage of them.
There is only so many I can afford to buy out of my own pocket though and I don't really want to be sitting on a bunch of brackets, so keep that in mind.
Spreadsheet of interest

As for the outbox thing pm's stay in your outbox until the recipient has opened it. Giving you time to edit or delete messages.

Cheers guys.

Last edited by Whiskey on 2020-06-05, 15:35. Edited 4 times in total.

Reply 2326 of 3172, by Synoptic

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Build of my RC-1 #9 still going on.
Quick questions :
1. do I need the -5v regulator if I am not gonna use the -5v option jumper on the board?
2. Why is there a pad next to R11 ?

Reply 2327 of 3172, by Whiskey

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Forgot to ask Silver or Brass?

bracketcolour.jpg
Filename
bracketcolour.jpg
File size
10.79 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0
Synoptic wrote on 2020-06-05, 12:49:
Build of my RC-1 #9 still going on. Quick questions : 1. do I need the -5v regulator if I am not gonna use the -5v option jumpe […]
Show full quote

Build of my RC-1 #9 still going on.
Quick questions :
1. do I need the -5v regulator if I am not gonna use the -5v option jumper on the board?

I too would like to know about the pad next to R11.

Reply 2329 of 3172, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Whiskey wrote on 2020-06-05, 12:30:

No engraving just plain, I'm afraid hard1k.

Would take 5 of those if they had the engraving. Otherwise will pass on those, unfortunately.

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 2331 of 3172, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I would like a bracket as well! Seems like it should fit the Gusar Lite as well.

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 2332 of 3172, by 640K!enough

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Quick questions :

Yes, it is used elsewhere in the analogue stage of the card.

That is for the PnP-disable feature; moving the resistor to the other position will prevent access to the resource map on the EEPROM. The result is that the InterWave will switch modes, not respond to the usual Plug and Play ISA sequence at all, and will need to be initialised differently (handled transparently by IWINIT, but SETUP and PNPMAP will not run).

Reply 2333 of 3172, by Synoptic

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Almost done.
Need the sim holder and the bracket.

Attachments

Reply 2335 of 3172, by Whiskey

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Order has been placed for the brackets (x25).
Sadly they are only a small shop and don't carry any plated or coloured Stainless Steels so the brackets will be silver, sorry for getting anyone's hopes up about brass brackets.

Here is the list of interest as it stands now please check it and let me know if your number is incorrect via PM (or you want more/less).

Also I need to start getting quotes for postage so if you're having a bracket(s) please PM me with your addresses.

Please be aware that I will have to fill out a customs declaration form for all non-EU countries but this should not result in any customs fees as the item is worth less than £135 starting point.
I do not know what is applicable for local import taxes for countries like RUS, so you may have charges added by your own border force (unlikely as the value of the item is so low).

Once the brackets are ready I will start sending out PM's hopefully Friday or the following Monday.

Cheers guys, this turned out so much cheaper than buying a drill press!

Reply 2336 of 3172, by Boohyaka

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi guys, I've read quite a lot through this thread but still not sure so I'd rather post and ask. I'm in the same boat as a lot of people having grown up with Adlib/SB and 0 experience with the GUS back in the days, and I would love to get one to toy and discover its capabilities today.

My understanding is that shock has been through personal difficulties and is currently fulfilling backlog orders, but I have no idea if there's any plan to make more in the future or if it was a one-time thing, if shock is going to continue the project or if someone else will be picking it over, and how one could manifest interest just in case. I sent a PM to shock weeks ago that went unanswered.

So if shock or anyone else reads this and can maybe give a quick rundown about the current situation and expectations, that would be super useful to me (and hopefully other enthusiasts) 😀

Reply 2337 of 3172, by Synoptic

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

#9 ready. Only missing the bracket.

Attachments

Reply 2338 of 3172, by Whiskey

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just booted up my K6 machine with the ARGUS in, no magic smoke so thats good!

Sadly I'm getting the "InterWave card not found" error when I try to flash the card.

I've tried disabling as much of the IO as I can to make sure as many IRQs are free and its all set to PNP in the bios.

I'm a bit stuck for ideas now, I've checked over the board and don't see any bad solder joints. Any Ideas?

Reply 2339 of 3172, by Synoptic

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am also having an issue. I am using the OEM ROM (see #9 pictures).
IWINIT freezes and setup says it cannot locate the card.

Maybe I just don't remember how to setup the card anymore 😀 but my BETA card works.