VOGONS

First post, by TOOL

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Pass-through is working but the system is not detecting it as new hardware, i tried 2 mobos and it's the same result system is not detecting new hardware. Am i doing something wrong?

Reply 1 of 6, by synrgy87

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
TOOL wrote on 2020-06-07, 16:52:

Pass-through is working but the system is not detecting it as new hardware, i tried 2 mobos and it's the same result system is not detecting new hardware. Am i doing something wrong?

Few things to check, may be obvious but check the PCI slots are working and clean, also the PCI connector pins on the card are clean, the big 3dfx chips make sure there's no pins touching, and no missing capacitors / scratches or physical damage to the cards .

Might be worth booting into safe mode and removing PCI bridge drivers / any other video card drivers then doing a reboot and let them reinstall.

What motherboards are you using? It could be the cards are actually dead though, hopefully not.

Reply 2 of 6, by chrismeyer6

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does the card show up in the peripheral list during the post process? With the computer running do any of the ram chips or the main big chips feel warm to the touch?

Reply 3 of 6, by TOOL

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Pictures

Attachments