Filename
reptileparadise_yucatan_fx.jpg
File size
38.7 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Looks familiar ?

Last edited by dreamblaster on 2020-11-29, 08:16. Edited 2 times in total.

Visit http://www.serdashop.com for retro sound cards, video converters, ...
DreamBlaster X2, S2, S2P, HDD Clicker, ... many projects !
New X2GS SE & X16GS sound card : https://www.serdashop.com/X2GS-SE ,
Thanks for your support !

Reply 2 of 158, by dreamblaster

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Rawit wrote on 2020-06-07, 18:24:

Turtle Beach Cancun FX... Does it sound the same? Because that would be very interesting!

it should sound exactly the same...
first prototype in about 1 month

Visit http://www.serdashop.com for retro sound cards, video converters, ...
DreamBlaster X2, S2, S2P, HDD Clicker, ... many projects !
New X2GS SE & X16GS sound card : https://www.serdashop.com/X2GS-SE ,
Thanks for your support !

Reply 8 of 158, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Trelokk wrote on 2020-06-08, 12:35:

If the sound is like in this video (featuring ROTT and Heretic ingame footage), I'm in. Just give me an external casing like you made for the X3M and it's as good as ordered.

it is indeed the same thing

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 9 of 158, by kitten.may.cry

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
keropi wrote on 2020-06-08, 12:51:
Trelokk wrote on 2020-06-08, 12:35:

If the sound is like in this video (featuring ROTT and Heretic ingame footage), I'm in. Just give me an external casing like you made for the X3M and it's as good as ordered.

it is indeed the same thing

Dude's lucky to own all this bangin hw, but he doesn't really reply to msgs on YT

Reply 10 of 158, by Revolter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm so buying this the moment it becomes available!

Thank you, dreamblaster, for all your wonderful work throughout these years.

Celeron 800, 512MB, GeForce2 MX, ES1938S/DB S2, Windows ME/DOS 6.22

Reply 12 of 158, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Is the Cancun FX essentially the same thing, sound-wise, as a Diamond Monster MIDI (also SAM9733) with the 4MB GS soundbank (the one Roland sued over) or is it the later Dream CleanWave32 one ?

Reply 13 of 158, by Rawit

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think the Cancun FX, the Diamond Monster MIDI (4 MB), the Oksori W32 and the Terratec Maestro 32/96 have the same sounds and these sounds were also supplied with the Terratec EWS64/Guillemot line (maybe Hoontech as well) as a bank or ROM. There are some differences in ROM size and synth used AFAIK. This is soley based on some listening/spec comparisons.

YouTube

Reply 14 of 158, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Rawit wrote on 2020-06-09, 06:55:

I think the Cancun FX, the Diamond Monster MIDI (4 MB), the Oksori W32 and the Terratec Maestro 32/96 have the same sounds and these sounds were also supplied with the Terratec EWS64/Guillemot line (maybe Hoontech as well) as a bank or ROM. There are some differences in ROM size and synth used AFAIK. This is soley based on some listening/spec comparisons.

AFAIK, the Monster MIDI was sold with several different soundbank ROMs, differing in size and actual samples (SC-55 copied vs Dream CleanWave32) . Was that the case for CancunFX and others ?

EDIT: On second thought, not so sure about the Monster MIDI being available with Cleanwave32. There were different ROM size versions, though .

Reply 15 of 158, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Not a big fan of the Cancun FX, honestly always preferred the Roland SC-55 copy for the SAM9407. But hey, good to see more projects coming!! And it looks beautiful, nice work Serge!

Reply 16 of 158, by Rawit

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@darry
AFAIK there is only one Cancun FX which might be a clone (or vice versa) of the 4 MB version of the Diamond Monster Sound. The 0.5 and 2 MB versions of the Diamond Monster Sound sound completely different (check wavetable.nl and boxpressed SoundCloud).

YouTube

Reply 18 of 158, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Rawit wrote on 2020-06-09, 11:10:

@darry
AFAIK there is only one Cancun FX which might be a clone (or vice versa) of the 4 MB version of the Diamond Monster Sound. The 0.5 and 2 MB versions of the Diamond Monster Sound sound completely different (check wavetable.nl and boxpressed SoundCloud).

I will do that, thank you . I am more likely to get an X2 in the near future, once my display related adventure is over .

Reply 19 of 158, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Both the 0.5 MB and 2 MB version of the Diamond Monster Sound use an AdMos QDSP wavetable. I own both and they aren't that good. Well, the 2 MB one is average, but I have 1 MB wavetable cards that sounds better.