VOGONS

First post, by pewpewpew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's only in CFS2 so far. These are fine: UT2K4, FS9 ,IL2, & Unigine benchmarks.

GT240 340.52 XP SP3 32bit
E5200 Pegatron IPIBL-LB G33

None of the in-game settings alter it. I'm amused there's such a blow-out in only one game -- what causes this?

Attachments

• neko_pic_226.jpg
    Filename
    neko_pic_226.jpg
    File size
    127.19 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • neko_pic_227.jpg
    Filename
    neko_pic_227.jpg
    File size
    41.49 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • neko_pic_217.jpg
    Filename
    neko_pic_217.jpg
    File size
    113.49 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 2 of 6, by foil_fresh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

so i have an athlon xp system that runs on an nforce2 chipset along with a 9600xt agp - it is great in all win98 games except one - die hard nakatomi plaza. i've got 3d models all over the place, weird shadows and texture overlays, stretched and bloated elements, the list goes on. it's the only game that screws up on that pc but when i try it on an nvidia card in another pc (win xp rather than 98) it's fine.

i put this issue down to just being "lucky" with the hardware+directx+drivers combination.

Reply 4 of 6, by pewpewpew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
foil_fresh wrote on 2020-06-18, 05:01:

so i have an athlon xp system that runs on an nforce2 chipset along with a 9600xt agp - it is great in all win98 games except one - die hard nakatomi plaza. i've got 3d models all over the place, weird shadows and texture overlays, stretched and bloated elements, the list goes on. it's the only game that screws up on that pc but when i try it on an nvidia card in another pc (win xp rather than 98) it's fine.

i put this issue down to just being "lucky" with the hardware+directx+drivers combination.

Seems that one had some know issues. Have you tried the patch already?

I'm not vouching for this download -- I'm including this link because it describes & shows a graphics issue it fixes.
http://sierrachest.com/index.php?a=games&id=1 … e-hard&fld=tech

yawetaG wrote on 2020-06-18, 05:53:

Doesn't look like "corruption" to me, rather more like a bug between your video card and that particular game. Have you tried newer drivers?

That is the final driver.

Reply 5 of 6, by foil_fresh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
pewpewpew wrote on 2020-06-18, 16:24:

Seems that one had some know issues. Have you tried the patch already?

I'm not vouching for this download -- I'm including this link because it describes & shows a graphics issue it fixes.
http://sierrachest.com/index.php?a=games&id=1 … e-hard&fld=tech

yeah pretty sure i tried that patch but the same stuff happened on the 9600xt. cheers.

Reply 6 of 6, by PC-Engineer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Looks like a driver issue. Try to switch the filter options for AF and AA in tHe ATI driver menu in Windows and/or modify the Z-Buffer values.

Epox 7KXA Slot A / Athlon 950MHz / Voodoo 5 5500 / PowerVR / 512 MB / AWE32 / SCSI - Windows 98SE