VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Unno

User metadata

Hey,

I'm one of those unfortunate people with a very early copy of Tomb Raider. Therefore, I get the spinning logo covering my screen starting with the very first level, and I find it difficult to evaluate the program at all. Could someone help me out with this? How stable is it? How smooth do the graphics tend to run? Are there any major bugs? Any information on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Unno

Reply 1 of 12, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Unno wrote:

I'm one of those unfortunate people with a very early copy of Tomb Raider. Therefore, I get the spinning logo covering my screen starting with the very first level, and I find it difficult to evaluate the program at all.

From Paul's earlier post:
You may be able to get rid of it by going to the TR menu, selecting the Glasses and disabling mipmaping. Mipmapping achieves nothing under Glidos anyway.

It runs buttery smooth on 1.7GHz Celeron 4. Read through the various posts in the GliDOS forum to get an idea from others (be aware that people who had no problems at all rarely post).

Reply 5 of 12, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Unno wrote:

Another question. Is my task bar visible for just because Glidos's not registered?

Unno

That is a bug of some sort. It affects some people and not others. I get that happen sometimes under Windows 98, and never under Windows 2000 or XP.

You can take the mouse pointer to the bottom of the screen, whereupon it becomes visible, and then drag the top of the task bar down to make it into a very thin line. It is something I may be bale to fix eventually.

Reply 6 of 12, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm running under Win2K and I have this problem too.

I've found a simple workaround: when the Core logo anim appears at the beginning of the game, I just do a blind left click to make sure the game screen is put forefront and that's it - the taskbar won't never pop up.

Reply 8 of 12, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You could try editing the file OpenGlid.ini in the Glidos folder and change the value of InitialiseFullscreen from 0 to 1. You won't be able to get windowed mode at all like that, but it might sort out the task bar.

Please let me know if this works.

Reply 12 of 12, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Oh! I thought the problem was that I create the wrong type of window for fullscreen OpenGL, but if that experiment with the INI setting doesn't work then it looks like OpenGlide doesn't change the window attributes correctly either.

Thanks for trying this out, anyway.