VOGONS

Cyberjudas

Topic actions

First post, by caesar sean

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hello, can someone tell me why the dos game cyberjudas won't work on my android with retroarch emulator? it loads correctly under dos but then just jumps back to c:\ without loading the game and without showing any error

Reply 3 of 5, by armani

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I emulated CyberJudas before through DOSBox and it's a weird way to get it running. I got it running by running an image of the ISO on a virtual drive with Daemon Tools Lite and then mounting the virtual drive in DOSBox and ran it through there. Might be a similar thing that you need to do with RetroArch, however I've never used it before nor have I ever used DOS emulation on Android, so I'm not sure if there's anything like Daemon Tools Lite for Android that you can do, I can imagine you might need to do this with most late DOS games as after ~1996 as at that point most of them started to require a CD to be inserted or there will be an error

Reply 4 of 5, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
armani wrote on 2020-07-07, 17:28:

I got it running by running an image of the ISO on a virtual drive with Daemon Tools Lite and then mounting the virtual drive in DOSBox and ran it through there.

DOSBox already has an "imgmount" command for mounting CD images.

Reply 5 of 5, by armani

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jorpho wrote on 2020-07-08, 01:08:
armani wrote on 2020-07-07, 17:28:

I got it running by running an image of the ISO on a virtual drive with Daemon Tools Lite and then mounting the virtual drive in DOSBox and ran it through there.

DOSBox already has an "imgmount" command for mounting CD images.

interesting, I never tried using the imgmount command before. Thanks for the heads up!