VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by moojux

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey people , I have had disscussions with friends of mine that are also "Tomb Raider Original game" Fans that are frustrated about not being able to use full function with all the commands for joystick when using the VDM sound program. Well I have found ( and forgive me if everybody already knows about this ) a solution....Get a Logitec Wingman rumble pad or wingman joystick.
It comes with a Profiler that lets you asighn keyboard strokes mapped to joystick buttons. No more having to use both keyboard commands along with joystick buttons both!
For those of you who don't know what I mean , VDM sound only emulates two joystick buttons.....So with the profiler , you have all the buttons mapped for Draw weapon , Roll , Walk , Action , exe. exe ---
moojux

Reply 2 of 3, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
moojux wrote:

VDM sound only emulates two joystick buttons...

Actually VDM can emulate up to 32 buttons. It's just that the original Tomb Raider was hardcoded for four buttons max. As Snover suggests, JoyToKey is the ultimate tool to override this behaviour and doesn't require to buy any specific hardware. It works perfectly with TR 😀

Reply 3 of 3, by moojux

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Kaminari wrote:

Actually VDM can emulate up to 32 buttons. It's just that the original Tomb Raider was hardcoded for four buttons max. As Snover suggests, JoyToKey is the ultimate tool to override this behaviour and doesn't require to buy any specific hardware. It works perfectly with TR 😀

Cool , I'll check it out. That'll be really good for some freinds of mine who havn't forked over any unneeded extra doe on new hardware whenever they can use that! Thanks.