Common searches

What game are you playing now?

Topic actions

Reply 2040 of 5928, by jheronimus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've picked up Might and Magic VI yesterday. Well, that was a mistake... I've literally spent 4-5 hours in one sitting until I realised that it was dawn already. Never played any other M&M in my life, and the only party-based "first person" RPG game (not sure what's the correct term here) I've played before was Lands of Lore.

Guess I'll have to finish the whole trilogy now.

Too bad the Grayface patches aren't compatible with Win98SE though.

UPD: got to Castle Ironfist. Got to say, there are some annoying things here. Like the fact that game designers just love throwing dozens (if not hundreds) of identical low-level enemies at you in open locations. Oh, and oozes in Dragoons dungeon suck, because there are no weapons with elementary damage available at the moment, so only my sorcerer can do actual damage with his fire bolts. Maybe I could stock up on scrolls and wands, but it still seems a bit too punishing.

Also the fact that the castle has an area that can literally teleport you in the arena with 100-150 mobs (give or take) JUST BECAUSE IT'S SUNDAY. I've walked into this area by mistake three times — why did you have to put it right after the stairs to the castle? Why not put it somewhere in the corner? Or better yet, ask me if I want to actually get my ass kicked right here right now?

MR BIOS catalog
Unicore catalog

Reply 2041 of 5928, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
liqmat wrote on 2020-07-03, 13:14:
appiah4 wrote on 2020-07-03, 08:01:

I think I have it in my GOG library.

This sentence right here. It's an overflowing dumpster cornucopia. I see something cool for cheap and it goes into my GOG library. I don't even think I have enough years left in my life to play what's in my GOG library. I have a GOG hoarding problem.

Fellow hoarder I am. Must've bought (20) plus games from GOG since the start of the year and have not installed half of them.

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 2042 of 5928, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
buckeye wrote on 2020-07-17, 21:41:
liqmat wrote on 2020-07-03, 13:14:
appiah4 wrote on 2020-07-03, 08:01:

I think I have it in my GOG library.

This sentence right here. It's an overflowing dumpster cornucopia. I see something cool for cheap and it goes into my GOG library. I don't even think I have enough years left in my life to play what's in my GOG library. I have a GOG hoarding problem.

Fellow hoarder I am. Must've bought (20) plus games from GOG since the start of the year and have not installed half of them.

Same here. A good deal's a good deal, as long as you eventually play said game. I must have dozens of free games in my library from over the years that I probably will never play but what's it hurting? 🤣

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 2044 of 5928, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
chrismeyer6 wrote on 2020-07-01, 01:26:

I'm pretty sure EA took the servers down a few years ago. But I'd love to be proven wrong though. Cause I had so many hours spent playing online matches.

There appear to be community servers.
https://cnc-online.net/en/

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 2046 of 5928, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Testing some mods for Grand Prix 4.
Currently I have set up the following seasons: 1984 (W), 1985 (B), 1986 (B), 1988 (W), 1989 (W), 1991 (W), 1993 (W), 1994 (W), 1997 (W) and 1998 (W).

W - Working
B - Broken

Now I need to fix my F1graphics.cfg for better performance because currently Processor Occupancy is taking a serious hit. Meanwhile, I've set up MicroProse F1GP (1991), MicroProse GP2 (1994) and HASBRO GP3 (1998 Season) nicely.

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!

Reply 2047 of 5928, by infiniteclouds

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

WinBack: Covert Operations on my N64. I just rage quit pretty hard, though. I'm very far along in the game and this stage I'm is SEVERELY lacking a checkpoint midway through. For a game that invented third-person cover system it has a handful (still too many) of areas designed where you have no cover to utilize and are swarmed by enemies. Also most of the boss fights are also terrible.

Reply 2048 of 5928, by xcomcmdr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just finished the FPS Ion Fury. What a treat. Although there were a little too much laboratories/military complexes typed maps, all in all it was a very enjoyable ride with very cool MOD music.
Playing on Ultra-Viscera difficulty for my first playthrough was not that difficult. But I won't dare to touch the maximum difficulty setting.

Reply 2049 of 5928, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Wizardry 8 started to get really good after I picked up RFS-81 (an android monk RPC). Our party found him broken down, repaired him, and now he considers us his leader and will even attack other Dark Savant androids. I'm playing both sides in the war between the T'rang and Umpani, seeing how far I can take this line. My characters are mostly lvl 15. RFS-81 is only lvl 13 because I picked him up late in the story, my Bard is lvl 16 because Bards level up faster, while my Ninja is lvl 14 because they require most XP per level up. So far I've sunk 89 hrs into this game, and I'm not sure how much more to go. I've been jumping around in the plot a bit, so I may be closer to the end then I think.

I'm already planning my next game. Between Wizardry 6, 7, and 8 I've been doing Wizardry for nearly a year straight so I'm needing a break from RPGs. Probably going to play Bioshock, Metro Last Light or Tomb Raider 2013 next. Maybe all three before I jump back into an RPG! When I *do* get back to RPGs, I'm seriously looking into some Spiderweb Software titles. I've heard nothing but good things about their quality despite the lack of triple A refinement.

Reply 2050 of 5928, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Witcher 2. After toiling with Witcher 1 had to give up, just wasn't getting any enjoyment out of it.

Can any of you out there point the differences between Witcher 1/2 and what you liked and disliked about it?

On a side note I've been pouring myself into reading the Witcher books. Currently finished Blood of Elves and just
bought Time of Contempt. Good stuff!

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 2051 of 5928, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Witcher 1 has an attrocious and insufferable combat system. Movement is clunky. Graphics are pretty bad. Witcher 2 improved on all fronts, really. I still don't like it because the whole crafting and potion based combat thing rubs me wrong.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 2052 of 5928, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
appiah4 wrote on 2020-07-20, 13:44:

Witcher 1 has an attrocious and insufferable combat system. Movement is clunky. Graphics are pretty bad. Witcher 2 improved on all fronts, really. I still don't like it because the whole crafting and potion based combat thing rubs me wrong.

Just started the "instant action" part, like it so far in that it dumps you in a arena for some sword fighting right away. The controls seem more natural too.

Reply 2053 of 5928, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Witcher 1 I really liked back in the day but haven't felt the urge to replay it - the invisible walls and running around did get old. Loved everything else though.

Witcher 2 I've tried a few times and rage quit each time - still with the insufferable invisible walls that allow enemies to hem you in during the frustrating combat.

Witcher 3 One of the all time greats in my book. Open world done right, beautiful setting, fantastic voice acting and writing, etc, etc.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 2054 of 5928, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
badmojo wrote on 2020-07-21, 02:41:

Witcher 1 I really liked back in the day but haven't felt the urge to replay it - the invisible walls and running around did get old. Loved everything else though.

Witcher 2 I've tried a few times and rage quit each time - still with the insufferable invisible walls that allow enemies to hem you in during the frustrating combat.

Witcher 3 One of the all time greats in my book. Open world done right, beautiful setting, fantastic voice acting and writing, etc, etc.

Witcher 3 is on my "bucket list" whenever I get my new system built, can't run it now on what i got.

Reply 2055 of 5928, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Been dipping into Skyrim again since a week or so and to my surprise I'm enjoying it!
Last time I 'played' Skyrim, I had 140 hours in Skyrim and 560 hours in the Creation Kit lmao!
But enjoying it thus far, already created my first tiny island with like 5 trees and a fireplace xD

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 2056 of 5928, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

One thing I have never liked about the Elder Scrolls series is that their dungeons always seem too well lit without mods. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful game, but some should be very dark and cramped. Daggerfall came close. Dungeons should be VERY foreboding and they just were not in Skyrim imo. Although, I never finished the game because I grew bored as I do with most massive open world games (they become grindy) so maybe I'm wrong and some are like this in the game.

Reply 2057 of 5928, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This game is the reason I went through all lengths to install Windows 95 on DOSBOX. Still got no clue how to enable joystick though.

Abrams.png
Filename
Abrams.png
File size
151.05 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
Abrams-02.png
Filename
Abrams-02.png
File size
215.61 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 2058 of 5928, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
liqmat wrote on 2020-07-21, 14:52:

Although, I never finished the game because I grew bored as I do with most massive open world games (they become grindy) so maybe I'm wrong and some are like this in the game.

That's always been my problem with the Elder Scrolls games too. They just seem too open-ended to ever have a finish line in sight. If it took me 200 hours to finish Wizardry 7, I can't imagine how many hundreds of hours it would take for these games, especially with all the rabbit trails I could potentially get sucked into.